XVIII

Elizabeth's pov

I sat down on the chair as I stared at Oliver from a distance. His perfect figure was as if it was made by mathematicians experts and everything they created was in perfect angles and measurements. I smiled foolishly as I looked at the center of the room. Seeing both of us in each other's embrace as an image ever so clearly.

But clearly that was in the past.

I hug my family one more time before they leave. I bend down to Lucas as I could see him pouting. "Aw Lucas, I'm sorry I couldn't convince mother. However, I do promise you one day you will stay with me, with no interruptions or what so ever, just the both of us having some sibling quality time, huh? How does that sound?" I grin trying to turn that frown upside down, hoping to make a difference in humanity for once.

"You promise?" He says pouting, trying his best to hide his smile for it to appear in the right time. I chuckle as I ruffle his fluffy hair, "I promise, little dwarf". He hugs me tightly and whisper in my ear," I love you sister". And at the moment, just for once in a long time, I wanted to take my family and run away, from all this. From this life and just go back home and live the life we had, the life we all treasured together as a family.

I could see Lucas as he waves his goodbyes, and I gladly returned the favor back. I head back into the palace, to our room. My eyes roam the empty room to search for traces of Oliver, but none were discovered. I change into my sleepwear and throw a scarf on to my thin shoulders, the record I just placed played its melodies in this shallow room. I stare at it for a while, disappearing in my own thoughts. I look to my side as I head towards the deck outside.

I sit in silence, listening to the soft music as I finally rest my eyes from things it was forced to face, from the confusion it sees when it spots Oliver, wondering if there is hope for itself or is it just being delusional. "What are you doing here?". My eyes opens widely as I was suddenly taken aback by the sudden husky voice, the voice of Oliver, the voice of the person I was locked in his embrace a while from now.

An eternity from now.

"Just resting. Why?", I reply as I could see him rest his back on the glass of the window, legs crossed, and hands in pockets. "Outside in this cold weather? With only a light scarf to keep you warm? Who do you think you are? By any chance a fire bender", he presses him lips in line, trying to appeal as if he was actually thinking. I scoff lightly, "by any chance do you think you're Sherlock?". I could see the brutal cold self appears in his place, the soft tender self, as he looks to his side, veins revealing themselves so vividly. He glares back at me, "if that's the case, then shall we hear what you've accomplished by far, Einstein? ". He smirks as he hears no reply from me as he speaks so fast making it hard for any ordinary person to catch up to him, "obviously nothing, but house work by the look of your plain, pale hands. The bruises on your leg from hurrying to your mother when she calls by bumping into the wooden box you sit on while writing letters. And lastly, your lack of knowledge will not get you any job, not even a helper in library". He shifts his weight before I could even reply. Making his way inside the room.

I keep my eyes on his back, swaying as he walks so proudly. No sign of care in life.
Leaving me dumbfounded with his words and detailed observation...
Maybe...
he really is real life Sherlock.

Mr.Connor's pov

I tug Lucas inside his bed, as I listen to Agatha washing the dishes. I turn off the lights before heading into the kitchen. The one light bulb, providing its last breathe to light this small kitchen, is in desperate need to be replaced. I walk to stand next to her as she glances at me and smiles, "What's the matter honey? You know I can tell your mind is worn out from your thoughts". She says as she lays her eyes back on the dirty dishes. I look at her hand movements as I get lost in the ability to form words. She glances at the dead figure next to her and says yet again, "it's about Elizabeth, isn't it?".

I look at those worried understanding eyes of hers, glowing in the darkest moments in my life and I finally manage to say, "I not really sure Agatha, but I keep getting those dreams where Elizabeth is...is-is running away from the palace, far away...scared from Oliver.", I bite my lips as no words after that escape. I see Agatha as she looks back to the sink, grabbing the towel on the side, drying her hands. She turns around to me and holds me in her embrace a long while, in silence.

"It's going to be alright Connor. Those are just nightmares. Nothing shall happen to our Daughter", she says running her fingers in my hair, warming the cold blood within me. I hold even tighter as I dig my head in her neck, "You are right about this Agatha. Nothing will happen to her. We saw her today, all happy experiencing the love life in his arms". I feel her arms petting me as she reassures me with her sugary voice, "that's right darling, just go have some sleep.", we both pulled away as I smile to her before kissing her cheeks and heading towards our room.

Mrs.Connor's Pov

I see Connor as he leaves the kitchen. My heart drops to the ground as I clutch to the sink behind me, to keep me stable. I breathe out as my mind gets crowded with anxiety, worries, and scariest of all...the truth. I look up straight as I whisper slowly.

"I dreamt that nightmare too.."