XIX

Oliver Quill's pov

I stand in the corner of the room I share with the person I promised to protect my whole life, my now so called wife. I stand there yet I see her laying down on the bed with someone, someone who isn't me. I stand there wearing all black, like I need to attend someone's funeral.

"Good morning lady muffin", Edward's husky voice lingers in her ears. She turns around to face him. The warm smile shows itself on both of their faces. A smile I was never able to place. His fingers run themselves between her hair as she closes her eyes when he talks,"you've got the face of an angel, a face so pure yet Oliver failed to see that. Well, he's better off where he is now".

Failed?

I slowly walk towards them, small steps. She opens her eyes, gazing at the laying figure on the bed next to her. "What do you mean?..", I suddenly say. Nothing was heard from them, not even a look was given to me. "Edward. I'm asking you, what do you mean?" I grunt my teeth in anger. "EDWARD!" I yell in frustration, in fear. I look at them, the look of love painted on their faces, as if I was never here. "Fine! You know ignorance isn't an answer I like to hear, therefore I shall kick you out myself. NOW GET OFF THE BED!" I yell once again as I walk to his side of the bed. I stop in my tracks as I take few steps backwards, slow steps, afraid that the glimpse I just saw was real. I look at the mirror and..

and I don't see myself.

My heart races in fear. Mind clouding by all the possible answers to my questions. Functioning organs were losing control.

It all makes sense..the black clothes, Edward and Elizabeth, the ignorance, the invisible figure in the mirror...
It all makes sense. I've died.

I feel tears cloud my eyesight, blinding me from reality. I turn around to look at Elizabeth, to the person whom I never appreciated or loved back. I look at her as she stays still before Edward leans in to kiss her. I burn. I burn. I burned. I clutch my jaw in despair in fear and pain. I can't help but look at her, look at Elizabeth. "I'm sorry. I'm really sorry for never being there when you needed me the most. I'm sorry for breaking the promises I made at our wedding. Forgive me", I sob uncontrollably. I sob because I felt my dead heart beat for the last time when I looked at her.

———

I wake up in fright. Every single part of my body sweats as if I've been running for a really long time, running towards something, something I'm afraid of..afraid of losing. "It's just a dream Oliver. Just a dream" I try to convince my conscious devastated mind.

Elizabeth.

I look beside me, nothing was found. I check the bathroom, no one was found. I rush outside our room, I lose control, my mind looses control. I half run half walk in the hallway, checking each room, checking for any clue. "Your highness? What's the matter?". I look at the shocked figure of Adeline, looking at me in worrisome and confusion. "Is there anything I could get you?..maybe new clothes after you take a shower", she speaks as she points slowly at the clothes sticking to my sweaty body. "Where's Elizabeth?" I immediately let go of the question I in prisoned inside of me. The question that made me in such state. Adeline stutter as she feels attacked by the sudden question of my mine, "I-I think she might be in her room, sir".

With no hesitation I rush towards her room. The room I once despised to enter, is the room I'm begging to reach now. Nothing to me seemed important, nothing but Elizabeth. I push the door open without asking and there I see a shocked, questionable face of hers. Yet she manages to make everything in me work back again, the organs of mines were functioning properly, the heart that won the race had finally started to calm down and the mind that tried to doze me has finally died.

The happiness in me, wasn't afraid of the guards, guarding my lips as it lets a wide smile slip out. I walk to her, rush to her, unable to live another second without having her in my embrace. "Oliver.., what's the matte-". I kiss her, I passionately kiss her. I hold her face in my palms. The kiss flows in harmony to her movements, and there at that moment I finally felt satisfied.

We both pull apart to breathe. Noses still touching each other's. Her hands holding my wrists, and my palms massaging her soft cheeks. "I have no idea what got into you but I hope it happens more often", she whispers. I smirk and scoff at the same time, "I don't usually get drunk. So don't expect any when I'm sober". I push away as I place my hands in my pocket and walk away from her, away out of the room.

Elizabeth's pov

I see as he sways in his walk. My legs walks me to the bed and drops me on it. My mind isn't comprehending what just happened but my heart, my heart made sure I know it's real. Even though it lasted few seconds and his jerky attitude came back, I still can't help but smile foolishly and my heart can't help but race in the field I call hope.

I smile at my thoughts. You never changed Oliver, you are just finding your true self and I, whom made that happen is truly glad to be the reason.

—————

Time passed by and so did the rooms I crossed to reach the kitchen. I mildly open the door to the kitchen to see maids working all over the place. I take some few steps before Adeline appears in front of me and questions me, "Elizabeth?", she chuckles as she places the towel she held to dry her hands with on the table, "you know you've got to improve hiding your keen, if you were to please him". She raises her eyebrows at me and grins.

I feel the blood rush to my cheeks as I try to hide it behind the walls of words I give permission to leave, "Can't a wife make her husband some tea?". A soft scoff leaves Adeline's pink lips before she grins back at me, "Well of course you can. The kitchen is all yours your highness". I see her as she tells the other maids to leave the kitchen and just before she leaves I call her name.

She turns around to answer me, "yes your highness?". I look down at my fingers and pout back at her, "does it really show I'm that keen?". I could see happiness take over her as she laughs a little, "Yea. Yea it does". I join in her laughter before she says her goodbyes and closes the doors behind her.

I waste no time before i place all the things I need to make the tea for Oliver, if he were to accept it even. I reply to myself as I pour in the milk, "Oh well if he didn't, I'll drink it myself".

"Whom said I wouldn't?".