LV

Elizabeth's pov

'Have you gone insane Elizabeth?' My mind spoke to me as I stood hard still in front of a shocked confused Edward. 'Are you using him? Seriously?' My mind questioned again. 'No' was the simple reply I gave back quietly. I see as Edward's free hand run into his hair. "Elizabeth. Please. You are going through a lot now, eh?" He speaks, hand gestures showing how clear his nervousness beheld.

I stay quite, unable to explain. "You'- you're....you don't mean what you just said. And even though, I shall not" he speaks, now the nervousness taking over his body making him move around in unrecognizable patterns. "You promised him.." I whisper looking at him, whom gets frustrated with that. "I did. Yes. But I never intended on taking you over. Not when I know that heart of yours was and is still is with him" Edward speaks as broken love rounds his broken ribs.

"I don't wish you to be my lover Edward. I just..I just don't have a choice" I speak slowly hoping he would understand. He sighs and he throws the coat he was holding and he lets go of his weight, sitting down on the couch again. "You said it yourself. You. Me...We can't give the power to prince Quill. As I'm alive, I shall not sadness a gone soul, Edward." I say slowly as I make my way to sit on the couch beside his. He looks at me bedazzled, "but Elizabeth. You- you can't. I won't allow you to make a choice of such importance in such short time."

I look down at my knotted fingers and I sniff trying to hold back my own tears. "I know he's...gone. But Edward, I'm not making a choice. I'm keeping my promise." I look back at him, my eyes full of tears that wear banging on the doors that may open with a blink of an eye, "I've failed my father, my mother, my brother Lucas....I can't fail my lover, not Oliver". Edward's face rests in his bent arms and he can't help but stay quite for a while. "Elizabeth I'm not going to touch you." He speaks suddenly, "I'm not going to fill that void he left for you".

Void.

A four letter word with no space between them and yet a four letter word with loneliness beneath it. I look at him whom eyes pierce into mine. I know he doesn't want to hurt me, but I've hurt too much to imagine the bits he may give. I shake my head in denial, "i don't want you to touch me Edward. I just want you to be there for me, for us.." i look down at my stomach and run my slim tired fingers on top of my stomach. I hear his gulp, his pain. I turn to look at Edward whom now tears can't hold themselves, "he should've been here.. he should've kept his promise Elizabeth" he yells calmly, defeated, "how can he think i could keep his promise if he didn't keep his own-".

The tears of a man painted right in-front of my owns, tears of Edward I never imagined to see, were the only mirror to my deep salted sea. I sat there allowing myself to cry in silence as I hear Edward lament to his own dear cousin. I didn't know what to do, I just knew he needed to let it out so I sat there and I heard him grieve for another half an hour.

'He's not gone Elizabeth.. convince me so' my heart spoke riddles to me and I foolishly obliged. 'It's only a matter of time, before you accept it' my mind replied coldly. "I shouldn't have left him.." Edward's words after his silence brought me back to reality. "Don't blame yourself...Oliver was always a stubborn man" I chuckle at the last bit as Edward joins in. "A great loyal man.." Edward sighs leaning his head back. I Stand up slowly as I see Edward shift along my movements, "I've got to leave Edward. Please think about it...Please.. think of that promise" I say before leaving to my own room.

'You shall explain to us now?' My mind spoke the moment I set foot into the room. I sigh and I lift my head up slightly before heading to my side table. There I bent down and I grabbed that bag that I once used to share all my feelings into, write my poems, have Oliver make fun of me, write my confessions, and out of all, write my p̶e̶r̶f̶e̶c̶t̶ planned future.

"They never came true you know.." I whisper to my mind as I grab my favorite, only feathered pen my father gave me when I was 5 years old. I treasured it. I hope i could exchange for you father...i miss you. I head over to the balcony and sit on the chair, covered in my own scarf. I held it and I left myself drown into this off-white rough paper. 'Elizabeth. You can't keep hiding your intentions' my mind spoke. 'I'm not' I replied internally as I write my reasons for such an audacious action.

'You think marrying Edward, is going to save the Kings place until Oliver is back?' My mind repeated the words I wrote and questioned me. I kept writing, replying, "It was a promise I made. It was my intuition. He's not gone, and I can't believe it so. I know Oliver, he has to be too stubborn to die..". 'He's dead' my mind spoke harshly, 'Elizabeth! As your true reality organ, it's my duty to show you the real world. I'm sorry...but he's gone'. I tilt my head to the side as I write madly, "that's right, my mind keeps on trying to convince me otherwise. But I- I am me. And I will control it, deny it, figure the truth out".

My mind spoke back to my writings, 'In the future, they will find him, his dead body,' I shake my head in denial, 'they will bring him to you, rotten and lifeless' I shake my head harder trying to let my thoughts fly away, ' I will not leave Elizabeth!'. "No" I kept repeating, still dodging my thoughts away. 'you will then believe me Elizabeth!!'- "ENOUGH!" I screamed loudly holding onto my head as I feel dizzy.

Gravity did it's work and kept pulling me down until his strong arms lift me right before I hit my head, right before I could die.

His arms, his presence.

My one and only...Oliver.