VI

Ever since Oliver left for his ride to the woods, I haven't seen him, of course not that I want to, it's just horrible knowing that I'll have to marry this guy, out of all. This is not even meant to be, it's forced to be like this, me forcedly being married to him is my unchosen, sorrowful destiny. I change into my sleepwear as I tug myself under the blanket slowly, thinking of whom is going to reassure Lucas that everything will be fine, or whom is going to brush his soft curls away from those sparkling eyes.

As I kept thinking I felt a tear roll itself down my cheek bone. I sniffed as I wipe it off quickly, "it's going to be alright Elizabeth, things will be just fine". As I felt my eyes get heavier and heavier, I didn't keep consciences for what might happen while I'm sleeping, or what my destiny awaits to show me.

__________

"Finally it showed its beauty", Adeline giggled as she helped me wear my royalty clothes on. I smile at her cheekily and say "well, wasn't I the only one to wear it". She chuckled as she started to pack the other clothes up. I turn to the mirror in front of me as I look at my figure, I no longer look poor. I look elegant and someone who would get so much respect from others. I feel the fabric on my waist and I never thought I was that thin and...beautiful?

"Adeline, does king Henry only visit the family in the morning?", I ask out of curiosity. "Well you see Elizabeth, no one really knows why he only comes for breakfast but it's a habit now. He will never miss a breakfast with his family.", she honestly replied, frowning at the confusing fact. I just nod slowly, trying to understand why.

"Adeline". We both turn our heads to the voice who coldly called her. "Oliver.." I whispered under my breath. "Yes your highness?" She asked. He scanned me for a second but coldly turned his face to Adeline. "Fix my room. I have a guest coming over tonight. I don't want to see a single dust flowing around, do you understand?", he sternly spoke, words of orders he shoots, show no mercy to that poor girl. I stare at him as we held an eye contact for a second before he left without needing an answer from Adeline.

I smile softly at her as she returns back the favor. "Shall we go then?" I chuckle as I held her arms and ran downstairs to the dining room. I stopped before making my appearance in the room and turn around to Adeline who was already giggling, "I know, I know. You look beautiful don't worry". I eagerly smile as how well she already knows me and breathed out the toxic air haunting me. I slowly enter the room, grabbing all their attentions except Oliver's. "Good morning to you all." I tug on the side of my dress as I bend down a little, showing respect. "Good morning to you too Elizabeth" prince Quill spoke back in others favor.

I sit down next to princess Caroline, facing both prince Quill and Oliver. "So, you're Elizabeth?" His majesty, king Henry asked. I stretch my lips to form a small smile as I reply "yes your majesty". He smiled back as he spoke, "you ought to be brave to accept marrying Oliver, don't you?". "Brave? I bet she won't last a day after the marriage." Oliver scoffed, smirking to himself. "I bet I can, Oliver. In fact, I may teach you how to not answer someone's else question along the way", I replied proudly and strongly, no hesitation, no pain. I had the courage to stand up to him this time.

I felt him look up at me, sending the cold stare as king Henry chuckled a bit. I was fearless when I spoke up to him, and I shall not show fear now. Those fierce eyes of his, were once something I thought I could hide behind but now I'm standing in the way of those exact eyes, hoping to win this silent disastrous war. "Now I see why you didn't reject her Oliver", king Henry looked at Oliver as they both share words in their eyes. "What do you mean?" I asked suddenly. Princess Caroline immediately held my hands and told me to not worry about it. I look at Oliver as I caught his eyes for a slight second.

What do you mean...?

As they all left to their own doings, I sat in my room reading a book, silently. "Elizabeth?", I heard the sweet voice call. I look up from the old aching book to face princess Caroline. "Hello princess Caroline, what can I help you with?" I spoke closing the book as she moves towards me, sitting in front of me on the bed. "Well, mustn't I say you have helped me a lot?, I mean baring Oliver till now is just absolutely brave and strong of you. No one would be willing to do what your going to do, I mean marrying Oliver you know.", she smiled weakly at me. I didn't want her to get worried anymore so I forced the fake smile to comfort the dead being in front of me as I say, "don't say that princess Caroline, I'm sure there is good in every bad".

She held my hands and pulled me into a soft hug. "You're truly amazing. Words of wisdom rest in you, don't they?", she chuckled as she pulled away, placing both of her hands at my arm sides rubbing her thumb on me slowly. "I'll do my duty princess, I won't fail you", I spoke. "Oh darling you're doing just fine now" she smiled brushing the lonely strands of hair falling to my face. "Oh right, I came here to ask you for a favor!", princess Caroline spoke, excitement filling her voice. "What is it?" I asked curiously. "Oliver's cousin, Edward, have come to visit. He was asking to see you. So if you go to Oliver's room and introduce yourself it would be lovely.", she giggled. I nodded eagerly as I stand off my place, placing a coat on my dress. "I'll get going then princess.", I bowed slowly.

As I was taking the steps to Oliver's room, anxiety was poisoning me over and over again. I stopped in front of the closed door as I felt my body weaken. I shook my head and breathed out deeply, carrying the only courage I have left buried within me. I knocked on the door as I heard a fast reply of "come on in". I opened the door and slowly reveal my shy self. "Oh, so she's Elizabeth? You didn't tell me she's gorgeous, Oliver", the dark haired, honey eyes, and young looking boy called Edward said approaching me as he left his lingering kiss on my hand. "Hello there lovely, I'm Edward. It's nice to finally see you", he smiled. A smile of a god, handsome and kind. I shyly blush and bow lightly, "I'm Elizabeth, it's nice to meet you too Edward.". As I lock contact with him I could see the end of his lips curve up, emphasizing his dimple.

And at the same moment, I could feel the stare of Oliver as if a bubble was trapping both Edward and I.