XLV

I look at his dazing eyes for a second and he knew way too well he can't hide the truth anymore. He turns to look back to the front, "yeah. I helped him." He sighs. "Why? Why would you do that after what he did?" I question confused. "He needed an another chance Elizabeth. You out of all, must know the feeling" he spoke. I take a glance at the ground, thanking it never gave up on me. "He came to me" I whisper.

"Wait, how? Weren't you at the castle?" He questions taken slightly aback. "No. Truth to be told Edward, I ran away yesterday night" I let the words slip out like how clean and pure milk is poured into a transparent glass. "Ran away? Why would that be? It was Oliver, wasn't it?" He asks again. "It's not to worry about" I smile up at him, "I just needed some fresh air". His soft reassuring smile appears, erasing those printed inks off my white paper.

"But why would Quill go to you?" Edward continues. "He said I was the only one who would truly listen to him" I say. I hear a small chuckle coming from above, and I look at him. "What's so funny?" I suddenly ask. "He isn't wrong you know" he smiles cheekily at me. I feel as the blood runs up to my cheeks. It was like old days, where kindness and peace was finally felt in the toxic air.

"Well then Elizabeth. I shall put you back home, the castle" he says standing in front of me. "Oh no really it's fine" I try to protest the idea of going back to the castle. "As the queen, you must be there when the war rises Elizabeth" he says, face turning serious, face feeling numb. "Don't go" I whisper after a quite moment. "You don't have to" I continue. He looks down and up at me, "I don't have to, but I need to" he says. "I'll be fine. Don't you worry your heart on me" he smirks. "Ahh always a tease" I chuckle.

"Come on then. I'll go back to your mother and inform her later, alright?" He says as he takes me inside his steam car. My actions replied to him as I sit inside. "Edward" I call out his name as I grab his attention half way through the road. "Yes?" He replies. "If you love someone, would you intentionally make them hate you for a reason?" I question out of curiosity, out the need to know the awaited answers. He glances at me and then sighs, "well Elizabeth. In fact, yes. I would. Especially now, with the war coming and the deaths following. Being attached to your loved one can ruin them" he speaks calmly, allowing every word to sink in.

I stay quite as I look outside on the nature, thinking and trying my hardest to apply these words to Oliver. "You can't die Edward" I suddenly say looking at his sharp jawline twitching slightly, "not a chance" he tries to smile. And with that we stop in front of the gates as we see them open up to hell. He drives inside and I finally get off and enter the house. "Well then my queen, I must inform your mother that you are safe and sound" the end of his lips curve into a dapper classy smile.

"Our farewells won't end here Edward. I will come today to the train trails and I'll make sure you stay alive" I beam to him. A grin was his reply before he nods and goes back to his car. I look at him as he leaves and I hear a familiar voice speaking behind, "welcome back Queen Elizabeth". I turn around to see a smiling Adeline. Oh how I've missed her. "Adeline" I grin widely as I run to hug her. "Thank you" I whisper. She hugs me back gently as we both share kind words.

"He's inside if you please to talk to him. I've never seen him guilty before, you know that" She speaks as her eyebrows raise in disbelief of her own sight. I nod slightly before I head inside to our bedroom. I knock at the door as I grab the attention of his standing figure. "Elizabeth" he says as he walks over to me as he own eyes bling and shine, reflecting my standing figure. "Oliver I have seen the-" I try to continue before he cuts my words by his own, "No please, let me explain. I've done you wrong", he takes a breath as his eyes betray him and let a tear slide down ever so slowly. "I know that, I realized that because you changed me. You made me see things, feel things, and now I'm finally capable of admitting my own mistake" he trails off as his hands hold mine, intertwining the tips of our warm fingers. "I apologize. I was a brute for thinking that I should make you hate me, Incase something goes terrible in the war. Little did I know that this was the worst decision I've ever took".

"Oliver.." I whisper, making him look up from our hands to my own eyes. "Things will go wrong, men will die, enemies will be dragged down. Things aren't meant to be right in a war. And for that we need to stay together. Calm our people, show them Asbury' s strength" I say with a clear stern voice. He nods slightly and leans in to place the tip of his nose on mines. I could feel his heavy warm breath on my lips as he speaks huskily, "I've always needed you by my side and I always will..". Our lips rub on each other as I feel every part of me tingle in this gorgeous sensation.

And that's when our lips collide, the collision of two walls longing to touch after a long time of fighting. That was us, we were these heavy walls. He kisses me passionately, deeply. His hands leave mine to be placed on my waist, pulling me closer to his own boiling body. And for the first time, our kiss was wanted by both of us. Both of us longed for this feeling that runs in us.

This feeling, that I soon didn't realize it will be the last.