IIII

Elizabeth's pov

"There you go, Lucas!" I eagerly smile at my younger brother who learned how to wash the dishes, helping me and keeping me some company. "Am I a man yet?" he asked, eyes full of anticipation for what he may hear slip out of my lips. I ruffled his hair, "you've always been our little man, Lucas".

*the front door opens*

I carried Lucas off the chair and headed towards the door slowly. "Mom! Dad!", I hugged them but my body lingered for the touch of their soft hands. As I pulled away I felt the string of pain strangle me with them, the string that could break down an empire, that would shatter down a heart completely. I slowly place down Lucas as I kneel down to him, "why don't you go tidy up the rooms a bit, alright?", he nodded and left us. I stood up and pulled mother and father to the living area. "what is wrong?" I spoke feeling the agony jump from one brain to the other. I look at mother who seemed to be holding the salty river in her eyes, and then at father who seemed all tied up in reticence. "Answer me! What happened?" I stuttered, unable to hold the pain anymore.

"We found a solution. Someone is willing to pay for our rent for a whole entire year as we make enough money to buy this house, but only under one condition.", Father's voice whispered the words of sorrow. I looked at their spiritless bodies, "what's the condition?". "You'll have to get married to the son of Prince Quill Henry..", the words breaking free from the gates of his lips ambushed me, strangled my lips and suffocated my weary lungs. I started to shake my head in denial, hoping my actions will speak more than my words. I shift my teary eyes to mother, whom is already broken down, tears flowing down her beautiful face and air seems to forget to do its job.

"I-I can't- marry Oliver! He's selfish, loathsome, delusional and an evil little heartless cockroach! He only cares about himself and nothing else. He is pathetic and I am just poor!!" I melted down from reality. The sounds of cries filled the room, the fight with getting oxygen down our lungs had overflown the cramped room. The scene in front of my eyes broke me, the words of Lucas running in my head burned me, the promise I made Lucas gave me no mercy.

"will we live on the streets Elizabeth? Will we be homeless?"

"I would rather do the impossible than keep you outside in the cold."

-

-

-

Here I am, in front of the king's palace, my only family next to me. My father talked to the guards as they told us to hang on a while. Carrying my luggage in one hand and the other squeezing the pain out of my mother's hands, I felt sorrow build in me like building of bricks are aligned to be. And as I was lost in my thoughts, the gates opened to hell. Every step I take, I regret. Every air I inhale, I suffocate. From all my anticipated moments, this is the worst. From all the suffer I bared, this shall not do me wrong.

"Hello there dear" princess Caroline spoke hugging me. Oh, I never thought she would do such thing, especially to a poor looking person like me. "Hello princess Caroline and prince Quill, it's nice to see you" I bowed out of respect and so did my family. "hey Adeline, would you please take our special guest's luggage upstairs to her room", princess Caroline spoke as I felt my luggage free itself from my tight grip. I smiled softly to the maid called Adeline.

As they made us sit on the beautiful, detailed couch I heard prince Quill thank my father for accepting such thing. "It's our pleasure to have your gorgeous daughter marry our son", princess Caroline's lips danced to her own voice. "Oh the pleasure is ours your royal highness." Mother said, rubbing her hands over mines.

As silence filled the ginormous living room, an echo of a familiar voice kept nearing in. There it goes, the gates of the living room slammed open and there he was, the person who will torture the rest of my life, Oliver Quill. "is this right mother! Is the tosh Adeline is speaking true? Will I get married?", Oliver's cold voice could freeze everyone in the room but his mother, princess Caroline immediately stood up from her place and dragged him outside the living room, but just before she took him out he saw me. He saw my ashamed broken self, sitting on their house couch, my hands on my knees, my head bent down in shame, and my eyes sparkling in fear. He saw my eyes. He saw me. "her? You must be kidding me mother? You want me to marry her?", Oliver's voice faded as he got pulled further and further away from us, from me.

I bit my lips in fear, in pain, in disbelief. How dare he says such thing to me, as if I wanted to marry a selfish guy like you. I'm just forced to do so...for my family, for Lucas.

"I'm really sorry about Oliver, he doesn't really cooperate with people." Prince Quill Henry spoke ashamed. "It's alright your royal highness, it will take time to make things better hopefully" my father spoke trying to reassure prince Quill. I looked at mother, her broken figure that's covered by a strong mask.

You don't have to be strong mother.

Princess Caroline walked in, alone into the living room. She looked like she had been crying from so much pain built in her but she managed to smile brightly and tell me, "Well, now that everything has been settled down. I would be more than pleased to show you to your room.", she took my hand and walked me away from my parents. I looked at them for the last time and saw their weak smiles plastered on their faces.

Just take Lucas and be safe at home.