XXXI

Elizabeth's pov

"Lucas?" I mutter as I see the small delicate figure of my loved one running towards me. Speeches and words took off for their vacation as they leave me with nothing but emotions and tears of happiness. "I missed you" he whispers eagerly into my ears. The warm hug of his, was like that feeling when you finally dance under the rain, not bothered not pained. I missed him, I missed every moment we shared, from the lesson I taught, to the drawings he drew me.

And all was gone because of Oliver.

"I became the man now- E-Elizabeth! I help mother clean the dishes, do the laundry and-and fix the garden" he stutters ever so beautifully, ever so painfully for me as I knew that moment I've missed a lot at home. I hug my mother as she enters the room. "What brought you here? Where's dad?" I ask her, a bit confused but really glad she came over. Lucas holds my hands, as if it were for the last time. Not now.

"Edward called me, he mentioned everything and we hurried" my mother replied softly. I look at her and I smile uncontrollably. I smile because I missed this, I missed the little conversation we would always have, the gathering for lunch and dinner, it was all perfect. I hug her tightly, "thank you" I whisper.

"But where is father? Is he downstairs?" I ask again, as she forgot to answer me earlier. I could feel it, I could feel it as silence comes dashing in, suffocating us all, turning this happy place into a misery. "He's...gone.." my mother whispers, but it wasn't hard to hear when everything was silent, no it wasn't hard at all, but the bullet in my heart now, was truly nothing but pain and horror.

I stayed in shock, unable to speak, unable to express. The words of my mother and Caroline's voices were just echoes at this time. I felt dizzy; no I felt horrible. I felt like I've lost everything, I've lost Oliver and now father. "Why didn't you tell me?" The coldness in my voice was scary to my own, but the look in my eyes was shattered nest to my mother. "why didn't you tell me?" I yell at her, not realizing I gave up to gravity, pulling me down to the floor. I crumbled and so was my heart.

I see Lucas through their hugs, standing away, holding his own palms. Scared. I could see those soft tears flowing down his soft small structured face, unable to stop my owns to stop his. "Shhh..calm down darling, calm down" Caroline tried to calm me down as my mother sobs into my neck, hugging me with her entire power, knowing that exact feeling.

The sun carved in my eyes, went hiding under the deep ocean in disappointment, enough to show the sun that I've failed her, that I failed this unfortunate war.

Oliver Quill's pov

I open the door, setting foot in this room filled with her warmth, like getting under a warm blanket in a cold weather. I see her perfect back figure, every edge, every bone, were vividly drawn. As if she was a painting, painted by the greatest of them all.

I realized what Elizabeth told me, what she truly was trying to show me through this whole unhappy unfortunate marriage. 'Never let go of your loved one, because in a second they will all be gone '. She turns around as I admire every single movement she makes. "Gwendolyn.." I whisper.

"Oliver" she grins, moving towards me with her arms open wide. I hug her, I put her in my embrace, not wanting to lose her. "I missed you" I say as I massage her soft delicate cheeks with my thumb, they were like waves moving in sync with the wind. She smiles softly and I can't seem to get enough of it. I lean in and place my nose on hers as we move left to right rhythmically. "I'm sorry" she whispers apologetic, "for leaving you so suddenly".

"It doesn't matter now. I don't want to lose you again, I won't stand a chance to do so" I say, assuring her worries. She looks up at me and I couldn't resist the urge to kiss her. I kissed her passionately, feeling our lips move in sync, silence sang soft melodies around us as I couldn't think of anything other than her.

This was it. This is it.

Elizabeth's pov

Time flew by, quite slow. The news I faced promised me no mercy, so I made it my sworn duty to find him. To find my true love.

I roam the hallways looking for any signs, for any clues. I could be the Sherlock to his crime scenes, I could be anything he wants me to be. I just want to be with him, that's all what mattered now. I've lost my father and I won't lose another. That until I saw a familiar figure, "Edward?.." I whisper as I make my way up to his back figure. I wish I never came, I wish I never took those 7 steps to Edward, I wish I never saw this coming. I stop in my tracks when i see both Oliver and Gwendolyn kissing. Time stopped, air disappeared leaving me to suffocate alone, silence screamed warning my heart, all that just to see this. All that just to be betrayed by both Edward and Oliver.

I run around heading back to anywhere but here. It was clear that I grabbed Edward's attention as I could hear his steps getting closer and closer, faster and faster, until he pulled my arms and hugged me tightly. "I can explain but please let it out, let your sadness out." He pants, pulling me back in as I try to push myself away from this traitor.

'Give up and listen' my brain whispered to me, taking full control of every organ I own, every cell that works, every feeling I feel, every part of my shattered heart. The feeling of Edward's chest going up and down with his breathing was soothing, felt like floating in an endless ocean with no harm and no worries. "Tell me.." I began, face still on his chest feeling his warm body on me,

"why where you there?".