III

We haven't packed anything yet. My father assured us he will find a way for us to stay between those weakly placed walls. However, I felt worried and uneasy for some reason as if he won't find a way to keep us all together. I left my mother and father for their personal discussion and took Lucas away from all this pain that he can't bare.

That I can't bare.

As I tugged Lucas under the blanket he hesitantly asked me, "will we live on the streets Elizabeth? Will we be homeless?", his words were like cars stopping every now and then and I was the street he drove over. I flashed a smile and kissed his forehead, "we will be just fine, Lucas. Don't you worry little buddy, I would rather do the impossible than keep you outside in the cold. Anything to keep this family happy and stable. Just know we all love you, Lucas. Alright". I smiled once again and went to sleep myself.

------

Silence filled the house?. Silence never filled this house.

I moved my aching body swiftly from my bed, heading outside to check on mother and father. "Mother? Father?!". As I sensed their disappearance I started to panic, my blood started flowing in the wrong direction, my heart suddenly stops pumping and I start to see everything blurry like the heavens are ready to take me. However, as soon as I enter the kitchen I saw a letter on the table, I ran and quickly opened the letter.

"Dear Elizabeth,
Don't panic, we're fine. And right! don't pack. We will be back with a solution, trust us. We will find our way out of this misery darling.
Love, your mother and father."

My blood found its right direction, my heart is slowly starting to beat and my eyesight is blurred with tears of happiness. "Oh god, thank god you're fine!", I spoke to myself wiping off the tears of joy. I couldn't risk losing them, I couldn't risk Lucas living without his parents for the rest of his life, I would never risk such thing.

Prince Quill Henry's pov

"We asked every girl possible to accept him, Quill. We won't find someone who would bare our son", Caroline's voice cracked knowing that there is no chance. "No Royal daughters want him, his arrogant cold personality doesn't help either. He is no match to them and we have no one willing to accept our son and now we have to see him go away from us forever.", she sobbed slowly, "he-he's my only son, Quill".

"I know. I know darling. Someone will accept him, don't worry we just have to figure out whom", I brush away her tears and she smiled weakly,"I love you, Quill". I took her petite figure in my embrace and replied "I love you too, Caroline". As we were in calm and peace a knock on the door was heard and a maid came in saying "there is a citizen who wants to talk to you personally. We tried telling him to leave a note or a message but he would insist to see you face to face your royal highness". I looked at Caroline and nodded back to the maid, "we are coming, let them enter the living room please".

As Caroline and I walked in the doors of the living room, we saw a poorly looking married couple. "Good morning your royal highness sir, thank you for taking us in. And sorry for bothering you at such time. We came to ask for a favor" the couple bowed deeply to us. "And how may we help you?" I replied, sitting next to Caroline, facing their aching poor state. "your royal highness, we have two children, a daughter and a little son. I am the only financially support pole in this small family and yet I couldn't keep up with the rent and no one would take us in for some time. The guy I pay for told us to move outside this house and if we did we will have no where to go. This village is our home sir, please. We would do anything? Please just don't let us get kicked out of our only supporting house", the unfamiliar man begged me.

"You said you have a daughter?" I asked. "Yes your royal highness, 17 years old" the man replied. I looked at Caroline who was already looking at me. My eyes spoke instead of my mouth and she held my hands as a reassurance and nodded.

"We would pay for your rent but under one condition" I spoke loud and clear. "Anything sir!" His wife immediately replied. I tighten the grip on Caroline's hands and gulped slowly, "your daughter must marry our son".

Silence itself filled the wide room.

I saw the looks on the poorly looking couple, as if they were going to lose their lives. The looks of shock, of worrisome, of hurt, of pain, of anxiety. "If you accept, we will pay your rent for a whole year. However, she must stay with us, live with us, if she were to marry my son Oliver.", I say interrupting the cloud of tension formed in space between us. "If you accept, bring her by today. If not, it was nice seeing you both before you leave" Caroline spoke gently to them, spreading her warm smile to them as she took herself and I away to our bedroom.

"Hope they accept" Caroline whispered to me. "I hope so too, it's not easy letting go of your child."

Caroline laid her head on my chest and breathed out heavily. I brushed her soft blonde wavy hair, reassuring her that things will work out somehow.