XXVI

Oliver Quill's pov

I hated it. I hated it when she got mad. I hated it when she cried. I hated it when she held it all back. I hated it when she pushed me away. I hated that the person I hoped would be different from the rest, finally told me the brutal words of honesty, the words of my true reputation.

I bang the column with my fist as hard as I can, over and over and over again. Yelling to let it all out. To let the demon in me out. I cared for her, I once did but I don't know what is happening, I don't know if she wants me. I don't know if she wants that divorce.

And yes, yes I heard it. I heard it when Mrs Connor suggested the divorce. I heard it all, standing right outside the room. And I hated it, because just how much misery I make Elizabeth live, I just can't bare living without her anymore. I couldn't live hurting myself again. I don't know if that's selfish, or if am being kind to my own heart, but I know one thing for sure.

Everyone is going to hurt you, now or later in life. You just have to stop hurting yourself .

And she was my calming pill.

All that in the past.

Elizabeth's pov

And lighting tried to race her pace, as she packed her belongings, to leave this place.

I shove my clothes, my letters from Lucas, my treasures, all in my little old suitcase. Tears showering my sight with it's salty taste. I cried, for the first time in my life I've let it all out. For, the pain within me exceeded the mountains height. I shut my suitcase, and all what's left was to shut this heart out. I balance myself up by the suitcase, but that didn't last.

The strength that was put in, to pull the suitcase away from me, had my weary dying body trip over the bed. I turn around immediately and I see Oliver's back pacing away. "Oliver!! Oliver!!!!" I yell, grabbing all the strength left in me to run after him. "Oliver!! What are you doing?!" I yell across those sad hallways. Those hallways I once enjoyed walking in, are now the hell I'm trying to pass. I followed him, I followed the suitcase. All until I saw his plan, all until I saw the fire.

My eyes widen, trying to see in this blurry picture, I manage to call reality."No! NO OLIVER!!...Please" I scream as I grab him by his arm, crumbling to the ground. I cry, I cry out, and I beg. "You're not leaving this place ever!!!" He yells as he shoves me towards the harsh ground, and throws my suitcase in this raging fire.
....

All I thought of was, the letters. The letters my parents would send me, the letters that Lucas would scribble hearts on, the letters that my father would always encourage me to do my best, to fight my fear, the letters my mother would ask about me. The letters that were evidence to my existence. And the letter, the letter of love I once wrote to the man standing right there, roaring at the deaf.

All of that was gone. All of me was gone.

I didn't understand until I felt his tight grip on my fragile chin. "Do you understand!!!" He yelled. That wasn't a question, so my broken eyes just looked at him. Unable to take revenge, unable to show that I exist. He left, as I turn back to watch my soul burn away.

It was a beautiful broken picture.

The reflection of the fire was shown clearly in those eyes I own, in those eyes I've worn out. I sat there, dismayed. The track my tears took left it's mark, sticking to my face as they got dry. And I couldn't help it, I couldn't help but see the raging fire, burn ever so slowly, I couldn't change the pace of the dead. I couldn't.

I look down slowly at my heart, and I feel it as it beats. I hear it beat as I look at my soul burning up. And that's when I realized one thing. A broken heart is where god comes to live in, because a broken heart could never beat on its own. Because a broken heart that beats is a sign of a new life, of a sign to help others.

........

Edward's pov

"What was it like again?" I ask my mother as she awaits me in the car. Right when we were next to our castle my mother remembered her expensive piece of jewelry that she forgot at the celebration's place. So now here I am, standing outside the car in front of the house where the love of my life lives, awaiting the description my mother will give me to find it.

"It's special, it's one of a kind, it's like nothing you've ever seen before, it shines from a distance, it's diamond with its special touch." She gently describes and all what my head roamed around was Elizabeth. Every words my mother spoke, got me closer to Elizabeth. And I can't help the feelings I have for her. It's like my ocean isn't filled if she isn't there.

I now walk in the house as Adeline walks towards me. A smile plastered on her face as she always had. "Your highness! How may I help you?" She politely asks. I smiled and replied "my mother left her piece jewelry, have you seen it?". Her wondering face bloomed as she immediately says, "Oh yes one of the cleaners found it. Wait here I'll get it for you". I nod before she leaves.

My legs uncontrollably roam around, looking for Elizabeth, but no trace of her beautiful smell lead me to her. Adeline eventually came back and gave me the necklace my mother nagged about the whole time. I step outside the castle, and walk towards the car, not until my eyes got distracted with the raging fire in the midsts of the farm. I take a look at my car, realizing my mother haven't seen me yet, so I make my way over to that fire to feel it all take place in my heart.

"Elizabeth!!" I yell in worrisome, in confusion, in pain seeing her like that. I run towards her petite body on the floor, and those little bones that were giving her a bit of strength, gave up in my arms. I hug her and I ask her, voice shaking in this moment, as the heart of an angel broke apart. I feel her warm tears warming my cold palms up, she places her palm on my cheeks, as she says

"Save him, save Oliver"