XXIX

All what I wanted is for that moment to last, for this miracle to settle down in her new home, but it never did.

"OLIVER" I yell as a guard pulls us away from each other, ever so harshly, every so miserably. I see as they push him into the car, throwing in his suitcase, I see it all so vividly just like how Prince Quill plans it to be. A wicked and dreadful story. I yell with insanity, unable to catch my breathe, unable to accept reality. And for once I hoped that maybe the world would cut itself in half and swallow Oliver and I, together.

And I didn't mind at that moment to lose everything, to get him back.

It was a beautiful chaos, the sounds of my and Caroline's cries were the music to the demons that roamed around us.

I needed my family. I needed them to save me. I needed my mother's embrace to warm me, my father's to protect me, and Lucas's to make me go through it all. I needed them but I was never granted, nor was Caroline, who lost her only child.

"There is no need to cry on what's not worth it" Quill's echo spread through the dull night and never words could have such an impact. The blood flowing in me stopped, the ants that were walking stood in shock, the wind that tried to blow the pain way, froze, and the voice I would use to protect myself, was gone and so was my safety.

Prince Quill, pulled me and Caroline inside, grabbing each one of us from our shoulder. Never have I thought the man I felt safe with, is the man that put me into such misery, never have I seen this nor the angels above frozen in their place, thought this will ever happen.

Locked behind this huge bedroom, which I once called 'Oliver and mines', is where we were placed. The marks of my bangs on the wooden door and the tears of Caroline drowning the floor, were the decorations for own new "home".

Home; a word which not in here means a place where you are safe and protected, served and respected. A place to live under a roof. A place to protect you from the sobbing clouds above you.

"What are we going to do?" I asked the weak Caroline sitting on the edge of the bed. She shakes her head in denial, to everything that just happened.
"There is no time for this Caroline. Please, you've got to work with me. We've got to save Oliver" I sat in front of her petite body, kneeling, holding both her palms in mine, hoping.

Her heavy lashes were like an umbrella lifting up in a storm. Eyes red as a ground left in emptiness and blood after a horrendous war. "There must be a way out of here.." I whisper to her. She sniffles slightly as she says, "I'm sorry...Truly I am..". I sigh as I hurriedly reply to her, "Caroline.. please!". She looks at me for a while, as a pity smile hardly appears on her face. She sniffs and raises her head, looking around. The red eyes were hawk eyes as they spotted an area, immediately standing up heading towards it. "A book shelf, Caroline?" I say, lowering my voice, desperate for some answers

She pulls away some books out of their organized place. "Please Caroline. Tell me what are you thinking?" I say, following her every movement. "Elizabeth, darling. I built this Castle and I'm a woman." She simpers at me. And I knew right then what she meant by 'woman'.

Women; a word here which literally not figuratively means a person who likes to stay secretive no matter how deary you are to them. Therefore, this castle, was built with secrets in it.

And with a last pull of a book called "the history of a broken child", the book shelf, split up, pulling away from each other like how alike magnets do so. A metal door appears to live behind those books and I still stand there shocked from what just happened, from all these secrets. "you see that door?...it will get us out of here to the field, but the problem here is..I don't have the keys", Caroline says.

Problem. It was a problem indeed. She knew well, that I wasn't that smart, nor was she. I wasn't strong enough, nor was she. I wasn't capable of unlocking a door by the tools around me, nor was she...but she didn't know one thing about me. And that is
I never give up.

I climbed up from the depressed hole I was in, thinking of anything. Anything to get us out of here. To save she and Oliver.

All to get interrupted with a loud noise of keys clinching together, at our door. Caroline and I immediately pushed the shelf back together in time for Prince Quill to enter. "You've left me no choice my love. You both will proceed staying here until you both settle your mind on the right thing going on. As for the time being, Adeline will be sure to keep an eye on you, if you misbehaved, and if you need food" he says. I step a bit closer to see Adeline from the side. The face of regret and sadness is all I saw in the once happy and shiny face.

"Don't you dare call me your love, you monster. Never would I have married a man so evil, a man so ruthless." Caroline spat at Prince Quill. But all what was running in my mind is Adeline. If we get her help, then we can get out of here. Prince Quill clears his throat before leaving us alone, taking Adeline with him.

A while went on, as I explained the plan to Caroline. "Adeline! Adeline! We're hungry! May you please come!" I yell through the small space under the wooden door, hoping my voice sounds as strong as my will. A while after Adeline opens the door and I immediately grab her in, to shut the door after her.

"We need your help"