LII

Oliver's pov:

The abandonment of my soldiers behind, gave me hope. Light before my end. "Ahh so this the king of Asbury" the faint laugh of king Peoria lingers in the room of torture. I shift my eyes up to look at a standing skeleton. His skin was pale and thin, hair blonde to his shoulder, eyes hazel full of hatred, a mind that doesn't exist in its mental form. "That's right, look at me Oliver. Look at the man who took you down" he says walking around my hanged body. I clench harshly onto the metals holding my body weight up, trying to control my madness, trying to give me time.

"You're pathetic, do you know that Oliver?" He laughs as he punches my weak cheekbone. "No one's pathetic but you" I say glaring at him. "What did you say?!" He yells, punching me multiple times before he backed off and grabbed me from my hair, "it turns out you're stupid also" he spits at me before ordering his men to beat me up. Pain? I didn't feel any as the contact of their rough hands touched my soft weak skin. I didn't feel pain in anyway, it was just a word to me, a word I didn't know the meaning to.

Scarification

That was the word, the feeling. I didn't feel pain, I just felt the scarification for the loved ones. For my mother, for Elizabeth. I pull my head up despite them beating me and I stare into the hole showing me the light, showing me time. "Forgive me Elizabeth.." I whisper inaudible before I give out to their order.

Elizabeth's pov:

My heart beats in worry, in strong feelings I wish I didn't feel. My heart bet for three, bet for my lover, bet for my friend, bet for my country. I sit down at the edge of the bed as I rub my stomach lightly. "He'll be back I promise you. You're father will be back" I gently whisper to my child, as my head drafts off to another world of misery. I stare into the view that paints itself in-front of me as it's color fades into pure navy blue. "Elizabeth.." said a familiar voice.

Familiar voice..

That wasn't Oliver's. I move my dazed mind to see my mother standing, concern taking over her. I smile at her appearance and I slowly try to get up. "Oh darling! Please be careful" I hear her voice getting clearer as she runs to help me get up. "Please be careful.." she whispers as she gets a hold of me. "Don't worry mom, I'll be alright" I try to put ice into her running volcano but it didn't help. "Don't lie to me daughter. I know how you must feel, and I know how much you're going through, as a mother, a love and a queen." She says walking me outside the room slowly.

We walk around the halls talking about anything and everything. I've missed this, the small moments I had with my mother. Despite the way she got raised, and despite the pain she has been through, she always knew how to make me feel better. I just wish one day I'll make her feel better. "How far?" The tender voice of mother rings as she looks down on my small stomach bump. I smile softly and look up at her smiling face, "7 months.."

"2 without him.." I complete, counting the days as they pass. "Oh honey.." the sigh accompanied with her gentle touch left tingles rush into my body. "You did what you could, you changed him to the better darling, you've done a lot. I'm sure Oliver knows that" she speaks running her warm palms on my shoulder. "It's just- it's just been hard mother. Really hard" I mutter trying my hardest to hold in my tears. She moves in front of my tiny figure as she wraps those arms, those armors that ought to protect me. I lay my head into her neck as I take in her lavender essential oil smell. The smell I would always intake as I used to dash through the forest to look after my Prince Charming.

—————————

The day light passed as a lightning in its dim sight. However, the night, the night beheld me news that gave me a sleepless mind.

"Queen Elizabeth! Queen Elizabeth!" I hear the yell of my name across the closed doors of my room. I immediately shot up, the feeling I didn't understand when Oliver woke up immediately as if he was never sleeping, yes. I felt that, like sleeping is not permanent, and it will never be in a chaos. I see the door open wide, following, Adeline, Caroline, and the Archbishop. I let my warm toes step into the cold floor as we both rush to each other.

"What is it?! What is it?" I hurriedly speak examining all of them. "It's Edward-" Adeline starts as she looks over to the archbishop to complete. "They found him. He made it to the rest of the army" he speaks. the strike of happiness I felt was overwhelming. I was crying and smiling gleamingly. I immediately hugged Caroline as she shared her own tears of joy with mine. As I pull away I immediately question, "when will you bring him back?". "He is being brought back tomorrow morning with the rest injured soldiers your highness" archbishop clears.

I look over to Caroline and Adeline as Edward's family pop in my head. "Darling don't you have nothing to worry about. I sent people to share the good news to his family" Caroline speaks, understanding my position, my thoughts. I feel the soft caresss of Adeline's hand over my arm and I couldn't help but hug her tightly. She gladly gave it back. "Thank you Adeline. For everything" I whisper. "No Elizabeth, thank you, for being the strong person you always have been" she whispers back.

————

The night was long, not because of the happy news and the worry I have on Oliver. But because we all stayed up all night waiting, waiting for the hope we had left, to come.

Waiting for Edward.