L

"Your highness Henry" I rise up from my seat, that I've long forgotten the time I sat on it. "Archbishop, tell me" the broken voice of Caroline speaks as she stood up from her own grave, seat. I study the look on Henry's and the Archbishop's face. "They took him." Where the words we never wanted to hear. Words slid out of his lips as if words were suddenly a material of silk, sliding smoothly with heavy feelings along.

I try to stay strong despite my aching heart for Oliver. I'm the Queen after all, am a human. "And the prisoners?" I ask grabbing their attention. "They wouldn't let us take them, but they freed them after we left and whoever survives, will come to the army" The Archbishop speaks. "What?! And how were you sure. How could you leave Oliver there for a uncertain deal!" I speak, astonished at that horrible terrifying fact.

"Calm down my dear Elizabeth" Henry tries to speak to me. "I'm sorry your highness. But this is the king we are talking about, your grandson if that matters" I backfire calmly. "Answer her Archbishop" Princess Caroline threatens with the look of pain. I look back at the Archbishop as Henry goes to sit down. The Archbishop looks down and speaks, "your majesty, we are sure because they handed their most and strongest fighter in return of what might come from our owns".

"If not half of them came, we slit his throat and give them his head as a gift" Henry completes as he pulls out a cigarette to smoke. I felt too astonished, too confused to speak back. "And where is he now?" Caroline questions stepping next to me. "In a place he never wants to last more than a second" Henry chuckles. "And Oliver? What about Oliver? What would they do with him?" I question, whispering, barely making my point clear.

"Your majesty. I think you already know the answer to that.." the Archbishop replies before bowing down to me and making his leave. "Caroline dear.." Henry speaks standing up, signaling her to come over to speak privately. I see as Adeline moves towards me and hugs me, I return the warmth back. "Don't worry, he will escape.." she whispers softly to me. "Hmm" I hum in hope, and maybe she's right. "It's Oliver, you know him way too well to know he will not allow his death be this way" she speaks before pulling away.

"You're right. He promised" I speak gently before I head over to our room. My room. I go to look at the person in the mirror, to understand the strength she holds, to look at the person that will come out of her in couple of months. "Don't worry Love...your father will be here" I speak as I rub my palm on my stomach, as I try to calm the pain my own child may feel.

He promised..

"Elizabeth?" The soft gentle voice of Lucas rings in the room as I shift my position to look at an innocent boy leaning by the door. "Lucas! Come here" I felt the happiness flow in me in so long as he rushes to my embrace. I ordered everyone in the palace to bring in my mother and my little brother Lucas, as things were getting harsher outside these heavy walls. Denials came at first, but so came my power, the power that my husband Oliver left to me, the power of a queen without a king.

"Where's mom?" I ask looking straight at young pure Lucas, whom is my height as I bent down to him. "Settling in our room! You have to see it, it's so huge" Lucas's excitement makes me smile eagerly as he holds my hands and runs me to their new room. "Mother" I speak as I enter the room, seeing her helping the maids out as they try to tell her it's alright. "Oh my Elizabeth. Please tell them that I can fold my own clothes" mother speaks as I chuckle moving closer to her. "Don't worry mom. They got you. In the meantime, maybe we can take a walk?" I question trying to relax her heavy mind.

She smiles softly at me as her hands trail love on my warm cheeks. We head out as I grab Lucas, carrying him. "Tell me darling, how you holding up?" Mother asks me, voice ever so pure, ever so warm. "Is it wrong that I feel like he'll come back to me? To us?.." I say glancing down at my belly before looking back at mother. "If it's a feeling, pray it to be a reality. Have faith, love like this never breaks" she speaks as I feel Lucas laying his head on my shoulder.

"Your majesty queen Elizabeth" i turn around to look at our Guard Joseph. "Yes Joe. What can I help you with?" I question. "I'm sorry to intrude but I need to know when should I take Matilda on the ride?" He asks. "Matilda? As in the horse you speak about? I want to go! Please!" Lucas begs excitedly awaiting for my answer. "I swear I've been good. You can ask mother?" He says looking at mother with his little cute petty look. "Oh really? Was he mom?" I jokingly ask mother raising my eyebrows at her, trying to hold my laugh. "Oh he was a really good boy!" She says playing with his hair.

I giggle softly as I put him down, "well off you go then. Be careful" I say loud enough for Lucas to hear before he rushes over to Joseph. Joseph nods toward me before carrying Lucas and taking him to Matilda. As I turn to mother, we walk silently before her next words left a sting in me I never thought it would. "Elizabeth.." she whispers. "Hmm?" I hum in reply, awaiting her words. "Do you think Edward is alive?..." she asks slowly, allowing everything to sink in me, allowing pain to drown me.

Is he alive?...
.
.
Are you alive Edward?...