XLIII

"Prince Quill?.." I manage to whisper in this unbearable silence. The trees stopped rustling, the birds all fell down, the river behind me stood from its motion and my organs pushed the button of an emergency. He slowly moves towards my direction and as he did so did the memories of his actions and painful words. "What are you doing here..?" I ask, voice breaking from the terrifying figure I see walking. My eyes glare at him, watching every movement done.

"I'm not here to harm you Elizabeth" he finally speaks. Suddenly my dictionary goes blank and words weren't known to be truthful or just plainspoken lies. "And why should I believe you?" I state, slowly taking steps away from him. "I came to you because you are the only one who would listen." He says with voice stern and steady. I stay quite as I take in his appearance. Clothes old as it could get, not fitted, not warm. Hair uncombed, unwashed. Face as dull as a coal. He looked devastated, he looked tired, lost, unloved.

"I escaped yesterday night by the help of someone Elizabeth. Never have I felt more guilty" he says as he moves to sit on one of the rocks by the river. I stand still in place, mind aware, prepared for the worst. "And who helped you?" I ask. I see him as he lifts his head up to look at me, "Edward". My eyes go wide open, confused. "Edward? He wouldn't" I manage to say through these heavy breaths. "He did. In fact, he was the only one who would visit me. Not my son, not my wife." He says looking down.

And if betrayal was felt, i would feel it as I drown in it. "And why would he do such a thing?" I ask as my legs feel weak in position. "Don't think him wrong Elizabeth. I asked for the last chance to speak my truth and after a long time, my wishes were fulfilled" he mentions. I didn't know whom to believe and whom to ask, but for now I need to listen. "What truth?" I ask, unbelievable of the words he lay. "I'm sorry, for everything Elizabeth. But I know that all what I did, all what I thought, was what I believed is the right thing for our family, for our royalty."

I stand still, looking at the figure of the man who's looking at the river as he lets it all out, he was sat further away from my statue state. "I thought Oliver, wasn't going to carry the name of Asbury properly. I thought his love and childish actions for Gwendolyn, by then was going to ruin our reputation, especially that he married you. It all seemed like a fast picture motion in front of my own eyes and I couldn't hold onto any. Couldn't fix any." He says. I feel my eyes tearing up as suddenly pain was put into words.

Oliver Quill's pov

"Gentlemen" I say as I walk into my grandfather Henry, his guard; Alex, and his other men. "What brings you here at such time?" I ask, seated at the end of the table. "If it's about the war, the decision isn't yet decided" I speak as my mind roams around the acceptance and opinion of Elizabeth. "It's not that son" his highness Henry speaks, "it's your father". I look at my mother whose eyes stuck out to dry tears to come, "and what might that be?" She asks. I switch my head to him waiting for the answers, for the confusion to come along. "He escaped yesterday night. And what we all know for sure is that anyone near him can be in danger for sure" Babington; one of his men, says.

"As king, you should deny the danger to any who asks. Send your men to look for him. He has to be put under surveillance" His highness Henry says. The glare my own mother sends me leaves lords speechless and I felt the world losing control. "I'll send my men now" I say, standing up and heading out of the room. As I walk to my room, I feel my arm being pulled back. "Mother?" I question. "Elizabeth. He might be there. Go" that's all she said to rage the locked feelings in me. "Thank you" I say as I dash through the halls, looking for my only love, my only hope.

Elizabeth's pov

"Caroline, my wife, my love. I lost her. I lost her for the legends that consumed me Elizabeth. I'm in pain, I don't think she will ever forgive me. I don't think anyone will." He states as I see him rubbing his own tears off. He breathes in and out for a while and then he looks up at me, "I'm done letting legends consume me".

"Elizabeth!" I hear the loud yell, catching both Quill and I's attention. As Prince Quill stands up I turn around to look at a running Oliver, a spreading fire moving towards us. "Oliver! Oliver" I yell knowing the coming outcome. I try to run to reach prince Quill before he does, but the touch of Oliver's punch reached Quill before I could. Prince Quill falls and water splashed all around. He tried to stand up again and just when Oliver held him by the collar, I rushed in to push Oliver away. "Enough" I yell at him.

"I'm over your sudden burst of anger. That is no such way to treat your father." I spit. 'What are you doing? Don't take sides' my mind warned me and I listened. The heavy heated breathing of Oliver left me speechless and all I could see is the anger in him. "He is so no father to me no more" Oliver scoffs harshly. "Oliver!" I say, taken aback by his actions and words.

"You're right. I was never your father Oliver. I'll never be, for your real father is dead" Prince Quill finally lays his final cards of truth. I turn around to Quill, shocked that he just admitted and spoke the truth of Oliver's adoption.  I could feel the tension between the three of us as it finally moves out of its focused space spreading its wings, making the angels around us feel unprotected.

"Oliver.." I whisper, this time I try not to allow silence to enter between this conversation. I showed the pain that he must hold in right now by that whisper and I don't think that was enough. Oliver looks at him fiercely, eyebrows furrowed in anger, jaw clenching, eyes squirting in frustration, flared nostrils, "What do you mean?" He says. "You're adopted Oliver. And Gwendolyn was your first love because she's the only one that made this truth a hidden beautiful lie to live with. She made you forget all your pain" Prince Quill says, "but your love have caused pain Oliver it made-".

"That's enough" I hurriedly turn around and stop Prince Quill from continuing. He looks at me and stops slowly. "Get a hold of him" I hear the yell of His highness Henry as he orders his men to get a hold of Prince Quill. Everything went way too fast, it was like a long waited painting burnt in a second. Caroline came and hugged me, Quill looked at me and smiled weakly, Henry asked if I were alright. Though I believed, all these were to be given to Oliver and not me.

I try to look around for him but there was no trace of him. He disappeared in thin air and so did my heart. "Caroline. Oliver knows" was all I could say to open the doors of tears in her. "I need to go" I say, running all around to find the last peace of the puzzle of my heart.