LI

Edward's pov:

"Go. I'll be fine". These were the words Oliver spoke to me, face bruised from all the torture, before they set us free. I didn't know what to do, I didn't know how to react but Oliver, my cousin, my brother, assured me to leave. Leave him behind. I didn't need to say anything because the tears I behold inside me spoke more than ever.

"You'll die..." I speak back, looking at the men that were held in prisoners run outside the open doors. It's ironic how I've always waited for these doors to open, to escape and now my legs can't stand themselves up. I see as Oliver smiles painfully, "your funeral before mine" he says through bloody coughs.

I shake my head smiling a bit, "it better be. I'll get you out of here.." I say holding his heavy tired weight. Eventhough I knew deep down, it would be too late. "I know we didn't get along much cousin. But if I die here tonight and you live, promise me one thing" Oliver says slowly. "If-" he tries to speak before he starts coughing harder and harsher than before. I hear footsteps nearing in as I try to get that one little promise, one little order to get me going.
"If I die, be the king, be Elizabeth's " Oliver says halfway yelling as they drag him from his own torn shirt.

I didn't reply. Couldn't move. Couldn't understand. My teary angry eyes shift to the colonel leaning on the door, laughing as they pull Oliver away. I wanted to punch him so bad, wanted to tear him apart, slaughter him piece by piece. Make him feel, every and each ounce of pain I and all of us suffered. Make him taste death. "So you little young man, plan on sleeping the night?" He jokes sarcastically knowing how well his voice disturbs me.

"Got assassinators ready for me outside?" I say smirking at an irritated face of his. "I could be one right now or you could leave and survive" he warns sneering. I stand up and right before I walk past him I glare and clench my jaw at him, disgusted for his own existence. I knew way too well they would let me go, but shoot me later. I just got to survive this war. I run outside and I can't describe the fear that filled me up. All I knew for now is that I had to run far away, had to live to save.

I ran cause at that moment I saw them and at first they just watched me leave, the movement of their arms in the polluted wind sent me an alarm but nothing happened to me, or so I believed for a while as distance was all that mattered now. I sped up to crawl over this mud and blood, over the wasted shots and the sand bags. and I couldn't understand why am I still running safely, why am I not shot to death or why are they not anywhere near me. That until-

the ambush appeared.

Upon this battleground I flinch as a man appears with a gun in his hands, pointing it directly at my heart. The heart that was blindfolded to know how much fear could save itself. "Wait wait wait! Don't shoot, don't shoot..." I yell holding my hands facing him. "You don't have to do this" I speak and I didn't know why was I. But I knew I shall leave something to be heard to give me time. "But I do. I have to or they would kill me" the man said through his broken voice.

"Please.. I have a family to go back to. We sacrificed our king- there must be something else-" I tried to speak, voice trying to stay strong, trying to hold me and my heavy weight. I see him as he walks towards me, gun focusing on me. "I'm sorry" he says. Kill.
Was the word that made me attack him. And if it were none to have a choice, I shall fight for mine. I push the gun out of my shattered heart and I couldn't describe the feeling I got as the shot went right through my thigh. It was peaceful at the beginning, burned as hell in seconds. I punch him in the face and I try to chock him. At this time, we were on the mud, fighting for the nonexistent, for the long lost promises.

I finally get on top of his weak body and I continue to chock him, seeing him as he struggled to chock me back, a minute passed by and my strength didn't show mercy, I was insane. Completely dammed. Another minute passed by and he was gone. I watched him as he looks up to his soul leaving. Watching as he knows he will join the lost of all. slowly backing my hands off as I sit back next to him, I close his eyes as I look down sighing in disbelief. "It's all over now..."I whisper.

I sit down alive among the dead and I couldn't help but think how can the once streets that rose with life stood empty.Gone with the children who played amongst the crowds with their soft innocent laughter. Not having a single clue, a father, a brother, a friend is gone. Now even at midday with dust accompanying me all that i could see was emptiness.

I carry the gun left abandoned and I walk away to wherever these souls may lead me. My body felt hefty, felt too sizable to carry anymore. And came a moment when that's when I didn't feel the heaviness anymore, didn't sense any weight but only the mud pressed coldly on my cheek..