XXXV

Stop it. Enjoy it while it lasts. He's playing with you. No he means it, you feel it. What am I feeling? Nothing. I'm falling all over for him, for Oliver.
No, you're not. "Stop it!" I push Oliver away from my petite figure. I glare at him, eyes as a bowl full of different fluids mixed together, different fluids of tears and acid. "Don't you dare!! D-don't you dare play with my heart" I yell in anger, voice shaking, trembling in front of the divine.

In front of the devil.

I hear Oliver scoff as he simple replies, sliding his palms into his pockets, "and since when did you have a heart? I thought I shattered it long ago". Take a step back, breathe, control. My lips part in disbelief, in disbelief of how such soft lips leave such cruel words. "I'm not you, Oliver. My heart isn't an object", I say, loud enough for silence to learn those words, to memorize it and then play it over and over and over again to him. So that shattered object he owns, never heals, never.

——————————————

As Oliver took his usual 5pm horse ride, I pull out a dry pen and make it cry out its ink on the lonely papers, creating the awaited beautifully designed creatures we call letters. 'And she felt like a little shiny coin dropped in a blue empty ocean.' I whisper to myself as I write those words down. "Elizabeth?" I hear a familiar voice call. I look up from the paper to face a smiling Adeline. "Adeline!" I exclaim jumping out to hug her.

"Oh I'm so glad you're fine! I was worried about you, where have you been?" I question, holding her palms in mine. "Sir Quill had order the soldier to lock in me in a cell. He even threatened me to death" she speaks. My eyes show my inner feelings as she shakes her hand and says, "but don't worry. I'm alright now. I'm so glad you're here, healthy and soon to be a queen" she winks at the end. I try to smile but she figures it out.

"What's wrong? If you don't mind I shall ask" she says. I shake my mind in denial, "it's alright. It's just I don't want to be a queen. I mean it's unfair taking the place of Princess Caroline. She was ought to be the queen, to rule over her people. And out of all people, I, Elizabeth Conner, steals it from her. And all that because of Oliver's choice" I speak, laying down on the bed, facing the plain ceilings.

Adeline sits next to me and simply says, "you still have 3 hours to change Oliver's mind". "I tried he won't budge" I sigh, sitting up. Adeline chuckles and I look at her confused. "He actually loves you" Adeline giggles. I roll my eyes and go back to laying down, "ugh! He fooled you too, along with everyone else. It's an act that he masters at" I explain.

"I don't think so, Elizabeth. I have served Sir Oliver for 9 years now. I know when he acts and when he doesn't. And I'm telling you now. He is feeling something towards you, and that's love. He will try to protect you no matter what. You will see" Adeline speaks, as the souls around her claim her honesty. "Oh dear Adeline, he definitely fooled you" I say cupping her cheeks lightly as we both burst out in giggles.

"Adeline" the cold voice I ought to hear the rest of my life has finally made an entrance between those empty tall doors. "Sir!" Adeline immediately stands up in fear and in politeness, two different meanings, yet same outcome. It's like it's all back; the old days are all back. He was the waves to my empty ocean, that always made sure to come back once it's gone.

"You shall leave us alone" he states to Adeline, eye still glued to mines. I gulp in fear, in disbelief. My eyes follow Adeline's body as it leaves the room in a hurry. I wish to speak, to show my courage, but I had none to start with, none in front of Oliver, none under his control. He walks towards me, throwing the sword he held a while ago onto the bed I'm sitting on. "I made my decision" he speaks with his deep luscious voice. "Please Oliver.." I whisper hoping what I don't want, comes true.

"I'm taking it" he says coldly. I look at him unable to move any organ in me, any bone, anything. And he simply looks down at me and then walks away taking his sword. I stay in shock, in disbelief, in pain. All the feelings of my past rushes to suffocate my poor lungs. And I breathe, breathe, breathe. Hoping in the process of this unforgiving procedure, Adeline's words might just be true.

—————————————

I let go of my heavy poetry book as I go to grab a scarf to wrap around me, because I knew what I just need is air and self Control, self defense, self love. All until I heard a conversation going around Oliver and princess Caroline. I slide behind the door and I pray to god not to punish me for eavesdropping, but my curiosity took control of me and I obliged.

"Mother. She's not happy" I hear Oliver's deep voice speak to her. "It's for the best son" princess Caroline replies. Behind those walls I try to connect the dots but my map missed a lot of them. "Oh my heaven you actually care for her?" Princess Caroline's excited voice asks. He stays silent and so does the sound of my dots on an empty land of my map. Oh god. What is he waiting for?

Answer her Oliver. Please

I beg while I wait patiently. "Mother" Oliver sighs. "Honey you know you can talk to me" Caroline says. I hear Oliver sigh loudly as he takes a breathe before speaking, " I d-". "Elizabeth!" Adeline's excited rings loudly through the hall and I freeze in hope to disappear.

"Elizabeth?" Caroline and Oliver run out of the room to see me standing. I look at Adeline from my left and Caroline and Oliver from my right. I look up at Oliver and his eyes showed no mercy.

He was the beast that I loved and still continue too.