XVII

The blood lying within me allowed itself to dance to melodies of my heart beat, rising higher and higher, warmer and warmer, until it all stops for a second, a second that lasted an eternity, spoken words weren't heard from those warm ears, and nothing felt more important than this moment itself.

The moment Oliver asks me...as his wife, and no other poor person.

That moment I treasured for an eternity was finally ended by my soft, low voice, "it would be my pleasure". I could see a small curve creep into Oliver's cold straight face, just to disappear immediately with the wind, faster than a lightning, ending that hope it raised with a curve at the end of his lips. I placed my hands on his and he walked us both into the middle, where everyone is dancing. Grabbing the attention of the packed room. I place one of my hands over his stable shoulder, the other intertwined with his and I could feel his cold hand slide to my waist, not hesitating to take control over my petite body.

I didn't mind it nor I think I'll ever mind it either.

"If you're on the water", I whisper. "Pardon?", Oliver asks. I look up at his tall, handsome figure and smile slightly before looking down not baring to keep looking at those charming eyes I might be haunted within, "the song, it's called 'if you're on the water' by the saxophones. It's one of my favorites, which is why I recognized it before the words were even spoken", I pause every now and then and smile as I listen to the words flowing out in this ginormous room, filling it with nothing but itself and silence. I heard a slight sarcastic chuckle, I look up immediately.

Oliver chuckled... Even thought it was out of sarcasm, the sweet melody I've been longing to hear my entire life, finally at this moment, this second, this heart beat, made it's appearance. And for once in all, I finally found my favorite music to my ears.

My eyes were wide in shock, in happiness. "you are really oblivious, you know", he speaks, face immediately shifting back to its normal cold mask. "Why is that so, your highness?", I question back sarcastically, trying to keep eye contact but he just looks straight, breaking it. "You're oblivious to the passage of time by writing, reading, memorizing music, daydreaming", he scoffs and completes "how else can't you be oblivious?".

I kept silent, but the words kept beneath my lips spoke more than my silent actions.

I don't think i can be called oblivious by being with you. You're all my time, my beautiful crime, that I'll ever commit, that I can never quit.

After my silence, I looked down at our intertwined fingers, perfectly placed together, balancing the cold and warm heat swimming within us, like the season winter meeting with summer. The music flows deep into my empty mind, allowing soft whispers to leave my bare lips. I lay my head on his chest slowly, hoping he won't reject me doing so. I hear the sound of his heartbeat, beat calmly, as if I'm floating on small waves of the ocean and I feel nothing but safe and secure. I pull my intertwined fingers to place my palms on his chest, feeling his second arm slide down the other side of my waist, getting a hold of me completely, securing me between those gates of wisdom and strength.

I close my eyes and stay silent, listening to the soft music playing around me, around us. He moves me in slow circles and I can't help but fall for him all over again, I can't help it. The idea of stopping my love for this surreal person, was a mistake I thought of. I had no idea, no idea I'll be in those arms.

Mrs.Connor's pov

"Darling, are you seeing this?" Connor speaks to me as he turns slightly towards Elizabeth and Oliver, dancing in each other's arms. I look at him, the grin plastered on my face isn't willing to leave, "yes I do, honey. Aren't they just lovely?", I sigh in relief. "We shall agree", we turn around to the familiar strong male voice. We were meet by Princess Caroline and Prince Quill, standing behind us. We bow lightly before Caroline speaks, "I'm glad Oliver found your daughter. He hasn't held someone like this in so long and I could feel this is different, this is special". I chuckle as I look at them, dancing in the middle of a now empty space, filling it with warmth and love flowing out of them. "If this is fate. Then I must agree it's doing a great job", I turn around to face them as I say the last sentence, getting their smiles in return. "We hope it is", Prince Quill speaks before he talks Connor away between the people. Us ladies, kept talking about Elizabeth and Oliver. Never getting enough from their sight, from the love hesitating to reveal itself.

Elizabeth's pov

I run my finger on his jacket lightly, "I..love you Oliver.", I whisper with an inaudible voice, pleasing both of the parts within me, one part wishes he hears it clearly, the other wishes he doesn't notice the movement of my lips whispering. No reply was heard but I could feel the warm side of him trying to creep out, and I felt it. I felt the light waves of warmth sent by him, keeping me warm and cozy.

Oliver Quill's pov

"I..love you Oliver", the faint whisper, was the only thing I suddenly hear. All of sudden, everything I hear becomes silent, the wind stops swirling around and as if the world wants me to her voice, her words, only. This strange feeling I felt, switched my system for a second. The second that flashed warm heat in me, nothing like I've been feeling before.

But at the end it was just a second.