XVI

It was finally happening, the ginormous room was finally packed with people and souls full of happiness, filling up the expectations of Prince Quill and Princess Caroline's. I didn't know how to react to such amount of people in one room, I felt anxiety filling the empty cup I claim to be my heart and I out of all didn't want my family to see me in such confused, worried state. I walk my way out of the room, after being stopped multiple times to either be greeted or asked where Oliver is. I knew that part of the royal family is keeping your secrets hidden for that I made an excuse of him using the bathroom, and stuck with that every time I was asked.

Where are you Oliver? What are you thinking?

I knock on the last room that came to my mind, his old room. "Oliver..are you in there?", I ask slowly but I get silence in return. I gulp before slowing opening the door, to reveal ever so slowly the perfect back frame of his. "Did I grant you permission?", he says coldly without even turning to look at me. I blink multiple times before I say, "everyone is expecting you, and I was in charge to look for my husban-", he turns around at me before I completed the word and sent me a glare through the mail we believe is called eye contact, "for you", I complete saying hesitantly. "If it will help, I'll play along this game until everyone leaves", I say as i could see no interest on his face for what's happening in this world, for the celebration happening outside this room, for the fact I offered him this chance.

"I don't need you to play along. If I want, you will be drooling all over me", he says and smirks at his own words of poison and shame. I freeze, no words are willing to sacrifice themselves to protect my secret, my regret. I see him grab his jacket from the chair as he moves towards me, moving closer, closer to me, closer to the lips that spoke no more. "Don't ruin things, you're already not much of a lucky charm". And he left, he left with the respect he should have placed instead of those unwanted descriptions of whom I might be, of whom I...am.

——————————

"Now everyone, you shall enjoy your luxurious time", Prince Quill ends his speech as you could hear the music making it's sudden appearance after a long quite time of words lingering itself in the hall of this room. Everyone picked up their women's and girls and started dancing to the slow music playing. I admired each and every one of them imaging to be there dancing slowly in the arms of whom loves you, of whom you love and treasure. "Elizabeth! Come on go dance", Princess Caroline whispers to me as I awkwardly smile back to her, "uhm Princess Caroline, I- I really don't think Oliver would want that", I say as I take a look at Oliver who was standing with about four men, Drinking the fanciest wine ever made, talking and discussing things, I fear might be me.

Princess Caroline noticed as I was admiring Oliver from a far and she chuckled, "Well, he will surely think again", she stood up and walked over to him as I panic of what might happen. I turn the other way around so I won't face him, wondering how he will reject his mother's order, instead of me. I play with my fingers as I could feel anxiety wrap it's hands all over me and everything becomes silent, my heart beats are clear as the sound of thunder, my mind is clouding up with nothingness and I can't help but breathe faster than usual.

Oliver Quill's pov

"Oliver," the warm voice of mothers sends its warmth from behind me as I turn around to face her, "can I talk to you privately please". I look at her confused but manage to keep my straight posture before excusing myself from the rest of the men with me. She takes me at the end of a corner before speaking, "ask her to dance". "what?" I was slightly taken aback by her sudden order, i mean she would always covers her orders with sweet honey blankets until she finds you're ready for the sudden request. "Ask her to dance with you, don't tell me you were willing to keep her setting there the whole time?", mother asks. I look up as I sigh, "fine whatever". She smirks before throwing her own assumptions, "I know you want to ask her to dance from before", she giggles. "No I did not", I scoff before turning around to walk towards Elizabeth."Oh really? Explains why you accepted this offer faster than the others". I tilt my body to look at her as I could see her smile still plastered on her face, "yeah sure", I say rolling my eyes and following my earlier path.

Elizabeth's pov

"Elizabeth". The cold voice shatters the glass I was trapped in and I immediately stand up to face him. Oh god, he rejected her offer, didn't he? He is here to humiliate me now, right? . I see the empty desert in those eyes, nothing but emptiness fills it up and I am willing to sacrifice myself to change that specific empty desert, for its the only desert I admire the most. I see his each and every movement, from the way he pulls his muscles to remove his hands from his pocket, till the point he is laying it out in front of me.

He.. Is laying it out for me...?

Wait...does this mean?

"Will you dance with me, my love".