LXII

I felt heavy as I dripped in water. I felt my soul was drawn to whoever stood outside, like my life finally reunited. I couldn't help but think of him. I couldn't even call out his name. He was gone for too long to be the one standing out there. He couldn't do this to me, he wouldn't. He changed.

"Victoria.." I whispered as I stood outside seeing the sight of my child in mother's hands and Edward standing by her. 'It's not him that completes you, it's her' my mind spoke gently to me. 'Is it a way of coping?..' I asked my brain. And just right before my brain answered me, Edward spoke, "she is a good one. Doesn't cry much". I chuckle at his comment. Edward was always the cheerful one, always trying to put a smile on my face and it worked most of the time.

"She takes it from her mother" my mother said swinging the baby slightly. "And the looks from her father" I completed. We all smile soothingly at each-other before Caroline comes in and states, "the food is ready- oh my little baby is awake~", she carried Victoria in her embrace, caressing her smooth skin. Caroline pouted cutely towards me and I grinned genuinely to her. I knew at that moment that Victoria was going to be the one that fills the missing hole of emptiness in this house.

I just didn't want her to do it alone.
I just didn't want her to have a void to fill.

—————

Edward's pov

10pm. This was the time right now as I take my steps towards Elizabeth. I knock on the door gently before entering. I witness Elizabeth's pure mother love towards Victoria as she shook her little bed in slow motion. I walk up and looked at Victoria, she was sleeping ever so peaceful. Unaware of all the loss and pain that ever happened while she wasn't here. Unaware she will grow without her father. Elizabeth continues to push the cradle in slow movements. I look at her side table as I see her dairy out.

"Been a while" I whisper grabbing Elizabeth's attention and then eyeing her towards her dairy. She smiles and nods, as she sits back giving it to me. I grab it from her, a bit confused. "I wanted to write down what I went through and how I felt, when she came to life" Elizabeth speaks looking up at me. "And why would you hand it in?" I asked muddled a slight scoff coming out of my lips. "I want you to write what you felt" she simply states. I immediately shift my gaze from the diary to her eyes as I felt bewildered with her sudden words.

"My owns?" I ask again. She nods slightly and slides her feet under the sheets. "I know you will always put yourself down for not being able to be her father, but I want you to know she is more than thankful to have you as a guardian. I know she is" Elizabeth whispers looking deeply at me. I try to maintain my broken smile as I nod mildly to her words.

"I'll get going then.." I say shaking the dairy in my hands before I leave the room holding tightly to it.

Elizabeth's pov

I see him as he walks out and I lean back to switch off the light beside me. It's been months seen Edward and I have been married, and a day where we slept in the same room. He spoke a ought not to touch me until I feel comfortable enough. An ought that swore to protect me and Victoria from any harm. A man of his words he was, a man of his words he stood.

I clutch to those cold sheets as I face the cradle. "I promise to protect you.." I whisper to Victoria feeling my eyes getting heavy by the second of these forever promises.

—————

I woke up the next morning to Adeline's soft voice, "My lady, you need to see this. She's here". I flutter my lashes as I sit up, my eyes shifting to Victoria's cradle. Adeline looks at her and comforts me, "ill dress her up and take care of her food. Just go freshen up and solve the issue outside". I nod slightly knowing exactly who she is talking about. "I'll be there in a minute" I reply as Adeline carries Victoria up from cradle.

I later set foot into the living room to witness her, Gwendolyn. "You need to leave. Now!" I could hear the irritation in Edward's voice as she stood in front of her. I walk up to him and place my hand on his back, grabbing his attention. "Elizabeth..." he stuttered at my appearance, "she was just leaving" he continues, voice strict and harsh. I sigh slightly catching her gaze for a second.

"I just wanted to speak to you privately" she told me. I look at her and I nod in agreement. "Meet me in the hallway" I state as she nods leaving the room. The moment the doors closed behind her, Edward gave me his questioning expression. "What?" I asked. "Meet me in the hallway? Really?" He mocked me. I grin at him, "you really can't be serious for a long time, can you?". I look at him as he rolls his eyes in frustration.

"We spoke about this Edward" I say grabbing his jaw to force him to look at me, "she wasn't the one who killed him..". He sighs slowly giving in, "you are right". I let go of him as I nod looking towards the door, "I need to go". I walk towards the door and as I was about to leave he yelled, "punch her if she hurts you!". "Edward!!" I yelled back at his goofy face and movements as he leaves from the other door.

I see her turn around as she hears my small heels making an entrance. "And what brings you here?" I question standing in front of her tall slim figure. She scoffs, "you haven't changed, have you?". I part my lips smirking, "what chapter of 'how to be a jerk' are you on?". She raises her eyebrows and frowns, "probably 45?". I shake my head at her. Sighing she moves her head towards my sight to grab my attention, "I know I'm not welcome here but I just wanted to say that there might be a chance that Oliver is alive".