Chapter 14: At Last

Stacy

I still couldn't believe we'd been successful.

"You blonde little bitch," snarled my former-professor.

His baleful glare sent chills down my spine.

"You shouldn't have meddled." His bared his teeth at me.

"Take him away, officer," formally ordered Dean Garcia.

The policeman curtly nodded before dutifully slapping handcuffs on Sir Clemente's wrists, then proceeded to usher him out of the dean's office and out of the building.

"Your foolishness will bite you in the ass someday, you stupid girl!" the ex-professor shouted.

"What a prick." Selena pushed herself off the blue wall just as I walked out of the dean's office.

Miles drew me close for a tight embrace. "How you holding up, Ace?"

"I'm.. fine," I answered, feeling a bit strange. "I just didn't expect us to accumulate solid proof this quickly." I broke our hug to give one to Dylan and Selena.

"It WAS horrifying, wasn't it?" Dylan grimaced. "Blackmailing a student for sexual favors in exchange for high grades."

While my friends badmouthed our unethical mentor, a couple of male juniors brushed past me, engrossed in their conversation.

"Mark! Aaron!" I hollered, making them turn to me.

Mark Domingo, one of my exes. His uncle handled my previous rape and almost-rape cases almost two years ago. I never forgave Mark for cheating on me in the past, and I can't blame him if he rejects any remorseful attempt I would make to forgive his sins.

Aaron Lee,one of my admirers. He was supposed to be part of the gang of four who tried to take advantage of me that fateful night in December, but he was the only one who felt sorry for me and even gained several wounds and bruises from his accomplices when he attempted to help me escape.

The two college students halted in their tracks when I called their names.

"I know it's too late to say sorry for shooting down your apologies." My words stumbled out in a rush as soon as I approached them. "But I want to say thank you." I shifted my gaze between the two of them, delivering my immense sincerity. "To both of you," I continued. "I'll forever be grateful for what you two did." My sky blue eyes were pinned on their faces, making sure they knew I really appreciate their help from before.

Aaron broke into a smile, then winced because his jaw was still smarting from the pain.

Mark, on the other hand, resumed his frown. "You're welcome, Stacy."

He's still angry or bitter because he didn't call me by my nickname.

"You've moved on from me, haven't you?" I asked him directly, to clear the air.

Mark's shoulders deflated. "After all that, I have zero chances to win you back?"

"I'm sorry." And I meant it. "But you shouldn't expect something in return whenever you're doing something good." I blew out some oxygen. "Mark, you know I view life as a game of chess. You're not my king, and I'm not your queen.You were one of my knights who helped me reach my true king and win the game." I slowly backed away from him. "You deserve a better queen, Mark."

"Let's hope you're right," I heard him say before I reached my friends, waiting for me.

"I'm always right." My full lips stretched into a confident grin as Dylan, Miles, and Selena flung their arms around my shoulders, the four of us arm in arm whilst roaming the hallway.