Chapter 33: Drunk Stacy

Sophia

It was a quarter to midnight when I felt my phone vibrate underneath my soft pillow.

An irritated groan escaped my lips before I fumbled my green bed sheets for the small black device. I loathed very few things, and one of them was having my slumber interrupted.

"Hello?" I yawned, my eyes closed,half my face nuzzled in my pillow. I was functioning on three hours of sleep. The bedroom felt reasonably cold. I pulled my blanket up to my shoulders.

"Sop?" My brown eyes popped open. I did a quick analysis on my twin sister's voice. She was drunk. Stacy was drunk? She should never be drunk!

I frantically sat up in my bed. "Ace, are you still with Miles and Selena?" I asked in panic.

"Hmm? No,they went home already," she answered with a high-pitched giggle.

"Where are you?" I demanded.

"Dunno." Her voice shrunk. I assumed she pulled away from the phone. I heard muffled voices, one of them masculine and familiar. "It's my phone! Let me talk to my sister and just stay there, looking handsome as hell, okay?!?" Stacy's voice grew more audible.

"Are you at Bryce's condo?" I gawked at my phone's screen, a wave of relief washing over me.

"Is that his name?" Stacy sighed dreamily. "It suits him. He looks like another Bryce I know. Hey, guess what, Mr. Handsome, you share the same name as Bryce De Los Reyes. Do you know him?" I creased my forehead when the line went dead. She might have accidentally disconnected the call. I went back to sleep, feeling assured that my crazy twin was in good hands.

Bryce

"Stacy, give me your phone."

The intoxicated blonde childishly stuck her tongue out at me. "Ha ha ha, no."

Despite the headache she was causing, I found myself smiling in amusement. In front of me and sitting on my king-sized black and white bed was one of the Philippine's sought-after models. Her face was on multiple catalogues, magazines, and billboard advertisements. She wasn't a worldwide supermodel but she was still the most beautiful girl I've ever seen.

Now she was lying on her stomach, searching for something under my bed.

"Ace, what are you doing?" I quickly helped her sit up. I had just washed her face after she vomited in my living room. I wasn't fast enough in carrying her to my bathroom.

"I'm looking for a decent man who will love me for who I am," she answered as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

Her reply made me arch my eyebrow. "I'm right here," I told her.

Stacy chuckled softly, and it would have stung had she not added: "You're not Bryce."

"Oh?" I asked. It dawned on me that she was still very influenced by the alcohol in her system. Her sky blue eyes were too bright, her cheeks flushed crimson, her smile lazy,her movements slow.

I watched as Stacy settled into a more comfortable position on my large bed. She kicked off her white sandals and she rucked up the skirt of her dress a bit higher, flaunting her knees and long, creamy white legs.

The blonde caught me staring while she was shaking off her bun, making her bouncy yellow hair cascade over her bare shoulders and down her back.

"If you like what you see, then I'm sorry,but I'm saving myself for Bryce De Los Reyes." She furrowed her brows. "Not exactly 'saving'," she amended, making air-quotes with her fingers at the word 'saving.' She looked at me. "We've slept together once, but I want to be more conventional from now on," she explained. "He began courting me five weeks ago." She hugged her knees and she smiled down at her bare feet, wiggling her toes on the cotton bed sheets.