Chapter 47: A Gamble

Stacy

"There." I smiled at Sophia in satisfaction. "Perfect."

My twin sister gasped when she opened her brown eyes after I finished applying makeup on her face. The pale, glittery eye-shadow played up her eyes, making them look darker. Her naturally rosy cheeks were powdered with a light layer of pink, her full lashes were curled, and her full lips were painted a soft, innocent shade or red--if such color existed.

As for her chocolate tresses, I used a hair straightener until her long and wavy hair fell into a silky, stick-straight waterfall cascading down her shoulders and her back, flowing to her small waist.

For Sophia's date today, I only helped with her hair and makeup. She chose her outfit on her own: A fit and flare dress in sage green. The color and style were absolutely perfect for her. The pale green dress was sleeveless, the upper part hugging her slim figure, while the skirt flared from the waist down and ended three inches above her flawless knees. The high cut exposed her long, fair legs. The pair of faded brown sandals she wore gave her a two-inch elevation.

"Sage is definitely your signature color," I told my beautiful brunette sister.

"Isn't it though?" she swooned at the soft pastel green dress hugging her figure.

My pink lips twitched into a smile of amusement. "Gosh, tone down the modesty."

Sophia paused from admiring her reflection and cast me a mischievous grin. "You know humility has always been your strongest trait, Ace."

We stared at each other for a long time before bursting into peals of hearty laughter.

As my dolled up sibling rose from her stool, I commented: "Big date today, hmm?"

"I prefer the word 'special'." Sophia bent down to adjust the strap of her left brown sandal. She looked up at me while securing the right sandal. "He'll be gone for four weeks so I want this date to be really memorable."

"Hence, the sexy hair, the sexy dress, and the sexy shoes," I remarked, pointing at each factor I mentioned.

"You think it's overkill?" she asked, but she was unfazed by the wry criticism I conducted.

"There's no such thing as too sexy," I assured her. "My only regret is I won't be able to see Lucas's reaction when he sees you in that outfit.I'm so proud," I said, my crystal-blue eyes watering with pure joy. Honestly, I was a bit shocked that she didn't let Lucas fetch her after his meeting, but I realized the element of surprise was far more entertaining than conventional arrangements.

"You're crying," Sophia observed in bemusement. "You're literally crying."

I glared at her. "I really wish I could go with you," I muttered, feeling remorseful. I had to go to Glam Models Agency because Chris, my boss, informed me that he had good news for me and that I had to be in his office at noon. It was a two-hour commute, so I needed to leave soon. I was already dressed up: My golden hair in a loose, glamorous ponytail dangling over one shoulder.      I wore a sleeveless, wine-red cinched-waist dress which flowed past my knees. I teamed the dress with coal-black Kate Spade stilettos with four-inch heels. As a long-term model, I grew used to walking in deadly heels.

Sophia wished me luck with my meeting, and I wished her luck with her special date. We kissed each other on the cheek before heading out of the bedroom, out of the house, and parting ways when we hailed different jeeps.

Two hours later, I arrived at the grand,impressive building which had become my second home since I was thirteen years old, the tender age at which I began my life as a part-time model.