Chapter 50: Growing Pains

Felicia

I hate her so much.

Out of spite, I decided to dress up in clothes similar to what Stacy once changed into after the end of her shift at the mall.

Late October signaled hell week--It was the weekend before midterms, and all students in Orion University are permitted to wear civilian clothes on Saturdays. I overheard Stacy talking to her sister over the phone about both of them using this Saturday to review in the campus library, so I intended to use the chance to rub it in Stacy's face that I was fine after our fallout.

I knew I looked fabulous: Straight golden blonde hair flowing down to my waist, my slim figure clad in a weak pink jacket over a fitted white tank top, inky blue skinny jeans, and a pair of peach colored flats.

At the drop of 8:00, I stood in front of the South Gate, teetering on the heels of my shoes as I waited impatiently for Stacy to arrive. I knew she would use this entrance because it was the closest access to the campus library.

She's not the only one who wears this kind of clothing, I thought sourly. Let's see if she can blabber about me this time, too.Should I just record her for future purposes?

Irritably, I looked around. When is she coming?

"You are here?" The hair on the back of my neck stood when a hand touched my shoulder. I stammered and stuttered as I swiveled around to see a tall guy with brown hair and deep blue eyes. He wore a long-sleeved black shirt over a dark red polo, the red collar sticking out, and his midnight blue pants flaunted his long legs, ending in a pair of brown leather shoes.

"Huh?" I gawped at the handsome guy in front of me.

Bryce let go of my shoulder. "Sorry," he said in a dead tone. "It was you, Felicia."

"B-Bryce." My blood suddenly ran cold. "H-hello."

His smile made me uneasy. "You were dressed similarly to Stacy. I mistook you for her." He continued to smile as though everything was normal. "I guess you are not her."

"What?" I asked, my heart thumping with fear. There was something in the way he spoke to me and looked at me that injected fright into my skin.

"Anyway," he said. "What are you doing here? It's midterms." He gazed into the inside of the building before us. "Did you come by for the review sessions?I came to submit my report. Stacy isn't visiting the library today." He glanced at me. "Did you know that?"

"What?" My eyes were the size of saucers. "N-no.. I didn't come here.. to see.. Stacy."

"It's a shame you're no longer friends with her," said Bryce. "Stacy's a good person, Felicia. She doesn't deserve to be loathed by people who don't even know her well. Don't you agree?"

Sweat began to form on my temples. "Uh.."

"Felicia." I gulped hard when he uttered my name in such a frigid manner. "Even if you copy her, you can't be her. Or be close to her." His voice and height were making me shrink down to three feet. "Don't you know that already?" He leaned down so his head was right next to my ear. "You aren't that stupid not to know," he whispered flatly. He straightened up and brushed past me. "You should stop that from now on."

Bryce walked away, leaving me completely speechless.

Stacy

"Achoo!" I was about to reach for my backpack to get some tissues but someone else was already offering me her pack of tissues. I mumbled a thanks before I blew into the tissue, then I tossed it into the nearest trash can.