Chapter 37: Love and Hatred

Stacy

What the hell..

Changing her hair color was completely innocent, but to have the exact same golden yellow as my tresses? And she even had it cut a few inches past her shoulders, just like mine.

I wouldn't have grown so suspicious but--her bangs were styled eerily similar to my own, cut above her eyes, and the tips of her hair were slightly curled, too.

Stay calm, Stacy. Maybe it was just pure coincidence.

I looked at Felicia again.

Nope. I wasn't that stupid. She was seriously mimicking my hairstyle.

I forced myself to be civil and mature about the situation. "You look gorgeous."

Felicia sashayed over to her station behind the long counter. "I know, right?" she smiled.

I wanted to ask why she ditched her raven mane for a fairer hue, but decided against it.

Could this get any worse? As if on cue, almost as if the universe perceived my question as a challenge, one of the first dozen customers to walk into Snack Attack had a bone to pick with me.

She was tall and foxy, with a wavy brown bob ending in yellow tips above her bare shoulders. Her impeccable makeup drew attention to her emerald eyes and plump red lips. She wore a dark, sleeveless aquamarine scoop-neck blouse, displaying her tanned cleavage. Her white skinny jeans were ripped at the knees, and adorning her manicured feet were a pair of sequined pumps.

I've seen her before, in Bryce's condo when he assembled all his ex-girlfriends to proclaim closure on all his relationships with them.

Bella Lopez.

I sighed, aware that not all of Bryce's exes were going to sit quietly after hearing that he was finally taking a girl seriously.

"Welcome to Snack Attack! What would you like to order?"

"Bryce De Los Reyes," Bella snapped, slamming her palms on the counter.

My lips twitched. This girl was w-a-a-a-a-y too predictable. "I'm sorry, miss, but he's not on the menu," I said in a polite tone.

"Don't play coy," seethed the slinky brunette, her green eyes blazing. "I still have feelings for Bryce so just get out of my way."

This girl was really asking for a good incineration.

I'll give her three strikes before I destroy her. I did pride myself as a considerate person. "Exactly what feelings are you pertaining to? Lust? Possessiveness? Jealousy?" I asked.

Bella's eyes widened. "How dare you?"

"How dare I what? Kindly answer my question," I said, totally unruffled by her scowl.

"I love him," she spat out like poison.

"If you indeed love him," I told her. "Why did you wait until I showed up? Or was your ego punctured by the fact that you no longer stand a chance with Bryce?"

Bella stepped back as though I had slapped her. "You bitch," she snarled.

I wagged my finger left and right, closing my eyes for one second, then opened them.

"I am not just A bitch, I am THE bitch, and to you, I am MISS bitch. So I'm giving you two options here: Act like a pathetic ex-girlfriend bent on tailing someone who moved on from you.. or get a life and date someone who will actually reciprocate your feelings. Don't even deny it. You just couldn't stand the thought of your ex happier with someone else." My lips curved into an imperious smile.