Chapter 1

A/N: First things first, don't like it don't read it. 👌

Second thing second, there will be a lot of songs mentioned in this story. They are very obviously NOT MINE. If it says that you or someone else made a song, pretend it is. You are a songwriter in this story and I'm not, so I'm taking songs from the Internet from amazing people and using it here. Also pretend that only one language exist here and everyone understands lol. Images aren't mine either. Poems (later on in the story) are mine.

Third things third, this is a fan fiction of a world where people have super powers. Anything can happen. And you know how anime logic works.

And last things last, I actually have no idea how music publishing works, the difference between artist and songwriter and all that, stuff about royalties, writing, publishing, and all that. I did research some things so I can get at least some stuff right, but they're probably not. If any readers out there know please do educate me xD

Reader is gender neutral. This means Mx. instead on Ms/Mr and they/them instead on he/him/she/her. I edited this in after completing it, please let me know if I missed any she/her or anything. Sometimes it will be part of songs though.

Thanks and enjoy the story!

—•—
Minimal spoilers, mainly follows my own plot line with small references to what's going on canonically. Recommended to watch at least until the end of season 3 / chapter 123. No spoilers on season 4 and beyond.

~♬~

"We'll call you when it makes it in," the man said in a way that seemed like he repeated it over and over. "You can come again when you receive a call from us."

You nodded, but inside you were annoyed. If it makes it in. We'll maybe call you. You took the papers and left the room. You had submitted a few song lyrics and instrumentals to a large company and business, and they didn't seem to approve of you, despite them saying that your work was good.

Probably because you were quiet, despite making such fast-beat, loud music. You had asked the company for an artist or someone to have a voice for the songs, while you did the lyrics and tune, but... they'll call. If ever.

Getting into the elevator, you pressed the button to go down to the first floor and another person came in right as the door was about to shut. You heard a "sorry" when the elevator door opened because of the sensors. They got in, and the doors closed again.

You were lost in thought, but then you realized how long it took for the elevator to get down. Hearing tapping, you looked towards the other person in the elevator. His impatient foot tapped on the floor and his arms were crossed. He had a small scowl on his face.

You instantly recognized him. His long, yellow hair and small mustache. His large directional speaker that covered his neck. His glasses that he seemed to always wear that covered his eyes. His recognizable mountain eyebrows that always made you laugh for some reason. Present Mic.

You knew he did his radio show in this building, but you didn't expect to see him here now!

He saw me staring and gave you a large grin. "I think the elevator's stuck," he said nonchalantly.

Your heart sped up and you started to fangirl like the child you are. He was your biggest inspiration for you to start songwriting and music. Being stuck in an elevator with him? Hell yeah!

You patted your pockets for your notepad and pen that you always had with you, then took it out, almost dropping it. You flipped to an empty page and quickly showed it to him.

He got what you were getting at and signed it. "Thanks for listening, listener!"

You nodded, blushing. However, the elevator was still stuck and it was awkward between the two of you.

Present Mic pressed the emergency help button, and someone picked up, asking what was wrong.

"The elevator's stuck between the first and second floor," Present Mic explained.

"We'll send immediate help," the person replied. "Please be patient and stay calm."

Then silence as you waited. Present Mic turned to you. "So, how's your day going?"

You gave him an okay sign with your hands, avoiding eye contact.

"Not one for talking, huh?" he asked. "Shy?"

You shook your head. A lot of people took you as shy, but you really weren't. You just didn't like to use your voice because of your quirk.

"What's your name?" Present Mic asked.

"[Y/N] [L/N]," you said softly.

"We'll, nice to meet you, [L/N]." He gave me a big smile. "Lovely voice, do you sing?"

On your notepad, you quickly wrote, 'Writer/poet and instrumental artist, no singing.' You showed it to him and he nodded.

"How come you don't talk much?"

You tapped your throat, then said, "Quirk makes my throat hurt."

"I see! I get that too sometimes." He nodded, understanding. Since he had a voice quirk, he probably knew what it felt to have a hoarse, painful throat if he overused it. But considering he always had a loud voice, you doubted that ever happened.

Suddenly, you felt the elevator move, and heard a 'ding' as the elevator reached the first floor. The door opened, and you got out.

"Nice to have met you, listener!" Present Mic said, then waved goodbye as you walked your separate ways.

Other people looked towards you and the celebrity, giving you a look of jealousy. You would've stuck your tongue out at them if you weren't so nervous after meeting the pro hero.

After that event, you walked home, tracing his signature on your notepad, thinking about how lucky you were to have met your idol.

~♪♫ ♪♫ ♪~
Chapter music question!
What's your favorite band?