Chapter 25

You came home pretty late, almost midnight. The judging, voting, and announcement took forever. Gravity Falls had won, unsurprisingly to you. You congratulated them quickly and left.

You were bummed about not being able to do the mashup with Hizashi, almost angry. You were more disappointed. Trinket also seemed disappointed, keeping quiet and bobbing her head slowly.

You walked back home slowly with music blasting in your ears. When you arrived, however, your hand flinched away from the handle. The handle to your door felt wet, and when you took a closer look you realized, to your horror, that it was blood.

You rushed to get your keys and unlocked the door. Who had come here? Were they inside? Why did they have blood on their hands? Hundreds of questions flooded your mind at the one little thing.

The only person you could think of was Hizashi. He was the only one besides you who had the house keys. You gave it to him a while ago so that he could come in and work on the music with you without needing to knock.

You opened the door to just barely see a figure on your couch. You flicked on the lights and saw that it was indeed Hizashi.

Under his leather jacket, blood leaked through the white shirt. His hands were on the redness, bloodied. You couldn't tell if he was conscious or not, but you saw his chest rise and fall.

"Hizashi!" You yelled. You rushed to him and saw his eyes open slightly. Trinket flew off your head.

Hizashi opened his mouth to say something, but his voice was inaudible. He closed his eyes again, his breathing shaky.

You lifted his shirt to see a large wound. You ran to another room to grab a first aid kit and dialed 119. You didn't question why he was here and not somewhere more helpful, only focusing on helping him.

You quickly told the operator the situation and your address.

You returned to Hizashi and loosened his directional speaker so that you could take off his leather jacket and shirt more easily. You did it carefully, planning to attempt to clean the wound yourself, at least a little.

You got a towel and pressed it against the open wound on his side that was still bleeding.

Hizashi's face was contorted in pain, but you knew pressure would help.

You activated your quirk, humming and letting out a purring sound caused by your sound wave manipulation. Hizashi's face slightly relaxed and he opened his eyes. He grimaced in pain but managed to give a weak smile.

"Hizashi!" you called again, stopping your quirk. "Are you okay? What happened?"

"Your purring is cute," Hizashi commented in a small voice. You furrowed your eyebrows and glared at him.

"This is not the time!" you cried. Your eyes were literally brimming with tears. "I swear, if this is the first time I see you shirtless and you're like this...."

Hizashi let out a laugh and coughed, a bit of blood dribbling out. You panicked and started to use your quirk again, feeling the familiar pain in your throat returning. Hizashi stopped coughing and his eyes closed again. You ignored the pain and distracted yourself with his chest.

His skin was mostly smooth and his arms were muscled. He had abs and it was surprising for you to see all this because of how thin he looked on the outside. However, he had scars. A lot of them. It scared you to think it was all normal as part of his job as a hero.

In what felt like forever, you finally heard sirens outside and got up to open the door. You saw the ambulance and waved your arms at the crew, not caring how you looked with the blood on you.