Chapter 15

A/N: There's going to be a bit of debating over pizza this chapter... :D

~♬~

"We're here," Hizashi announced, stopping in front of a nice-looking house. He reluctantly let go of your hand to unlock the door. He then bowed, sweeping his arm in. "Ladies first."

You giggled, walking in and taking in the view of the room. It was fairly neat, with a few scattered papers on the floor. "Wow." You were more amazed at the number of instruments you spotted in another room.

You heard Hizashi close the door behind you.

"Sorry it's so messy," he said, a bit embarrassed. "Too much paperwork for my jobs."

"You're kidding," you said. "This isn't messy at all." It was amazing as it was to be inside the home of this famous man.

"So what do you want to eat for lunch?" Hizashi asked.  He walked over to another room, where you assumed was the kitchen, and you followed. It was the kitchen, and it was also incredible—clean and large to say the least.

"What do you have?"

He checked the fridge. "Ah, leftover pizza, instant noodles, and...." He paused, shuffling through the fridge and cabinets. "Yeah that's about it."

Okay, so maybe the kitchen wasn't so incredible without the food.

"I can cook," you offered.

"Oh, no, I can't allow a guest to cook." Hizashi brought out the pizza box. "I'll microwave these."

Hizashi microwaved a few slices and the two of you sat down for the not-so-romantic meal. You noticed there was pineapple on the pizza, along with other toppings. You shrugged, biting down and savoring the flavor.

"You want to work on the song here?" Hizashi asked. He folded the pizza slice in half and bit it.

"Sure, we've got the lyrics and I sent you the instrumentals."

"Great!" Hizashi exclaimed. He quickly finished his four slices of pizza in a few bites and got up, while you were still on your first slice. You had taken two, not really hungry.

"The song's turning out pretty good, don't you think?" Hizashi asked. He played the song from his phone as he waited for you to finish.

You both listened to it. It would be annoying and tiring because of the repetitiveness if it wasn't so good.

"Now that I think about it and heard it for the millionth time, there should be slightly more instrumentals from my song song and less of yours, with a bit more lyrics from your song that replaces that last line from my song." You finished your slices and brushed the crumbs off your hands into the cardboard box, then went over to the sink to wash your hands. "Too late to change the instrumentals, though."

"I'll change the lyrics," Hizashi said. "Which line?"

The two of you edited the lyrics and played the song from the phone again, singing the lyrics. You were humming while Hizashi was in full singing mode.

"You should sing for some of the parts, too!" Hizashi suggested. "You've only been humming and whispering the lyrics."

"I told you, I don't have the best voice." You blushed, not wanting to sing in front of him.

"Isn't your song one of the few songs you sang and not Rina?"

You nodded. It took a lot of courage for you to do that.

"When was the last time you've fully tried?"

You thought about it for a while. "A while ago."

"If it took that long for you to remember it was a long time." Hizashi pouted. "Come on, at least once?"

His cute bun, face, and pout almost convinced you. You shook your head and crossed your arms.

"If you don't, I'll... um...." Hizashi started to threaten you jokingly. "I'll reveal your identity as the author for those books."

"I wouldn't mind that, honestly."

"I won't help you with the romance novel."

"I didn't ask for help in the first place, and I'm already giving up on it."

"I won't join you in the Battle of the Bands."

"I know you really want to and you don't mean that."

Hizashi thought hard, his eyebrows and mustache twitching. It was hilarious to you.

"I won't kiss you. Or will. Whichever you don't want."

You paused and blushed at this threat. "This again?"

"That got you."

"Well you don't know which one I don't want." You stuck your tongue out at him childishly. "And I don't mind either way." You were still unsure about a relationship with him.

"You sure about that?" Hizashi gave puppy-eyes. His cute bun didn't help with your situation. You resisted it, looking away.

Hizashi tried a different approach.

"Come on~!" Hizashi called seductively. He did the hot look rather than the cute look, somehow. If it was an act, you were definitely falling for it.

"What the fuck Hizashi." You stared at him as he winked at you.

"What?"

You paused, staring at him. "Fine." You gave in. "I'll sing."

"Wait, so which one do you want?" Hizashi asked, his green eyes sparkling at you innocently.

You ignored the question, then went to the other room with the instruments. You sat down at the drums. "Let's play the instrumentals."

He gave you an amazed look and sat down at the piano and grabbed a guitar.

You took a deep breath and nodded at Hizashi to start playing. He started playing the notes on the piano. You sang.

~♪♫ ♪♫ ♪~
Guess the song:
"Some legends are told,
Some turn to dust or to gold...."

Song suggestion: Welcome to the Show by Britt Nicole

Should I put less popular songs for guessing so that people will be more likely to search it up and listen to it 🤔? But then what's the point of it?