Chapter 8

The days went by quickly. You kept in contact with Jiro, who you actually visited because you found out that you actually knew her parents. They were also musicians, and you learned more about the Jiro family.

The visit was after the internships. Your voice hurt in the morning because you used your quirk with Rina, so you came over in the afternoon. You didn't expect a lot of people to know you, but there was a baffling amount of fans.

You focused mainly on class 1A, where you met a lot of those crazy kids. You also met Eraserhead again, who appreciated you for coming so that he could sleep. Typical.

The lesson was pretty simple. It wasn't really a lesson, though. The students asked about what you did, and you explained it pretty simply. Jiro was the one who was the most fascinated with what you did.

You did explain your quirk, though, giving an example by snapping at the blond boy that couldn't control his temper.

You could alter the sounds you make from yourself, using the sound frequencies and waves for different purposes. You could 'purr' or hum that could heal, snap your fingers to create a "bullet" of sound that went in the direction you hand pointed, clicking your tongue stunned a person, and clapping creates a large sound wave that could knock someone over.

Afterwards, before the class was dismissed and you left, you hung out with Eraserhead, who turned out to be a lot more interesting than you thought. He probably thought the same thing about you, thankfully.

You two walked through the hallway as he guided you out, talking crap about the students—not all of them, just a select few—and other nonsense.

"Have you and Hizashi been able to track down that villain from before?" you asked, remembering the incident from a while ago.

"No, but I did tell other pro heroes about them. Those villains aren't a priority as of now though."

You wondered if anything was a priority to him.

"I'm surprised you were with Hizashi though," you commented. "You two are like polar opposites."

"Meeting Hizashi probably wasn't the best idea I've had," Shota said. He didn't mind you calling him by his name when you asked, saying that he honestly didn't really care.

"He's an optimistic friend."

Shota huffed, muttering something about Hizashi's clinginess as the two of you walked through the halls.

As if you two summoned him, you spotted said yellow-headed, yellow-mustached man. You've seen him once in a while when you went outside. He seemed to be doing patrol, but for some reason it became more frequent around your neighborhood. It was also weird that it started after the first villain incident when you helped him. You presumed it was because of the villains.

"Hey!" you called to him.

The hero noticed you and waved, a big grin on his face. "Hey, [Y/N]! I heard you met Jiro."

"Yep, she's an interesting girl. Not that the class wasn't." You shivered at the thought. "But they are some chaotic group of people. How do you even deal with them, Shota?"

"I use my quirk," he says simply. Hizashi joined you two and you continued walking, slower.

"He's really scary when he uses his quirk," Hizashi commented. "But honestly, he's scary already."

You giggled as Shota glared at him. "That's true. When I first saw you on the Internet I thought you were a villain. People are actually speculating about this."

"What do you mean?" Shota questioned. "I'm barely in the media."

"Well, I was writing this thriller story and made a character who's just like you," you explained. "I actually found a page about you and decided to base the character off of you."

"I see, I probably haven't read that one yet or I would've noticed."

Hizashi laughed at that. "I doubt you would notice since you barely notice what you're like yourself. You have literally no dignity."

"I do too," Shota argued. "I just don't care."

You examined his appearance: unkempt hair, scruffy chin, black clothes with a tint of green, the sleeves ripped at the end, and just an overall hobo look.

"Well, this is a world where sludge monsters exist," you admitted.

"Exactly," Shota declared. "And have you seen Nemuri's costume?"

"He makes a fair point," you said, now siding with Shota.

"Fine," Hizashi huffed. "But still...."

"I think it's the women who have to worry about their public appearance more, honestly," you remarked. "I've always been self-conscious about it so I don't usually show my face when publishing things."

"Oh boy," Hizashi started. "You have no idea how much bullshit and hate I get about my long hair."

"The Internet's a damned place alright," you agreed. "You're lucky you're not that famous, Shota."

The three of you finally reached the exit of the school after more conversing. It was nice to talk about those simple problems with others, since they have the same problems and understand.

"I'll see you guys later then!" You and the heroes parted ways and you waved happily. Maybe you'll visit the school again.

~♪♫ ♪♫ ♪~
Chapter music question!
What instrument do you like most?