Chapter 30

You left without a word, and neither Mason nor Mabel stopped you. Lina had opened her mouth to say something, but stopped when you gave her a look.

You wondered if Rina would have been able to stop you and calm you down. Your fists were clenched and you had a deep frown on your face. You wanted to break down and cry.

You had forgotten to take your umbrella, but thankfully the rain had stopped. You probably wouldn't have cared if it hadn't either way. Even without the rain clouds, it was dark out, since it was really late.

Your thoughts were interrupted by a voice calling your name. You looked over to the source, ready to snap at whoever it was that somehow knew your name that you weren't in the mood. However, your eyes widened when you saw Nala Hami.

She was standing next to another woman with pink hair and a serious look in her eyes.

Your blood boiled and you stormed over. "You fucking—"

The other woman ran up to you faster than an average person and knocked you down. You grunted and glared at her. Pink hair... would it be the villain Lina?

"What the fuck do you want?" You demanded. You glared at her and Hami.

Hami let out a loud giggle and sneered down at you. "Look at you, so—"

"Shut up, Hami," Villain Lina—you decided to call her Linain—Lina and villain—snapped without looking back at her. "We're here to make a deal."

"No," you said immediately. You were about to use the offensive part of your quirk, but Linain held your arms down by the wrist.

"Maybe if we explain more you'll accept it," Linain stated. She nodded at Hami.

"Rina's sick." Hami smiles innocently at you.

"All because of you," you spat. "The twins explained all of it."

"No, not all of it." Hami walked closer to you. "Rina was already sick before I did anything. She had cancer. I just... sped it up, made it worse."

You stared at her, not believing it. Rina's health had been going down consistently, and it hurt you to know that.

"She had something along the lines of laryngeal." Hami giggled again. "Or hypopharyngeal. My parasite quirk messed up the doctors' ability to pinpoint what was wrong with her."

You knew Rina had some sort of disease or cancer, but the doctors could never figure out what it was.

"Why... why couldn't they find the parasite?" You stopped struggling against Linain and your wrist hurt from the pressure. "A quirk like your's...."

"Yeah, it should've been detected and traceable, right?" Hami rolled her eyes. "Well, this is the disappointing part. I had to do it slowly. But, since your little Rina already had cancer, my parasite was covered."

"Why her?"

"She was just a random test subject."

That answer made you snap. Mentally and physically. You would've been successful if Linain hadn't quickly held your palms and fingers down so you couldn't snap and use your quirk. You couldn't even give her the finger.

"Test subject?" You repeated angrily. "A random fucking test subject?"

"Yep!" Hami said cheerfully. "And a lucky one, too. She was friends with you! And you're friends with the lovely Present Mic!"

"What the fuck does he have to do with this? How do you know this?"

"My parasite can listen in on you, not always, but I hear some things." Hami giggled.

"We're blackmailing you," Linain said in annoyance, impatient. "You know I get more powerful from sound, yes? And I need more power. Present Mic is the man who can give me power because of his quirk."

"Then just attack him! I'm sure he'll give you all the yell you need and burst your eardrums!" You cried. You doubted your own words.

"He'll stop before I get what I need." Linain nodded at Hami. "And she wants him too."

Hami nodded excitedly. "Rina will die in a week."

"Maybe sooner," Linain added. You froze.

"I don't know how far my quirk can go or if it can kill, but once she dies, if she does, I'll be full of energy," Hami cheered. "I could take it out now if I wanted to and I'll get my energy and Rina will be fine minus the cancer, but that depends on how you want to make this deal."

"If she doesn't die from Hami's quirk in a week, I'll kill her myself," Linain added.

"How do you expect me to just 'give' you Mic?" You shouted desperately.

Linain gave an evil smirk. It was the first sign of emotion and you didn't like it. You hated it. "You help us catch him. You're close to him, after all. His significant other. And I'll take power from his voice until he loses his voice. And Hami can get whatever's left of him."

These people were crazy. You definitely weren't going to do that. You looked at Hami. "Why do you want him?"

"It's obvious." Hami laughed. "I love him! I love him so much I want part of him. He's perfect. I want him. But you took him from me." Her voice dropped at the end. "And I would want revenge because of you, but Lina promised me to get him back for me if we used you."

You were speechless. You didn't know what to do. If what they said was true, you had less than a week to decide whether you stick with Rina or Hizashi. The mystery of when she dies frightened you.

"If you tell any other heroes, police, or anyone else," Linain warned, "Rina will die."

Her voice was coated in venom. Your body shook and you felt so helpless.

"I've used my quirk on you," Hami whispered in your ear. "I think I'll know if you say anything and I'll sap your energy if I do.

"You meet here again when you have your answer," Linain said. She got up from you carefully. Your body twitched.

"'Zashi will love me," Hami teased. "I'll parasite him if I have to and have him all to myself."

She winked at you and followed Linain started to leave.

Gathering all your courage, you sat up and yelled at her. "He'll never fucking love you!" You saw Hami pause. "You fucking psycho, yandere, bitch!"

You saw her eyes seem to flash red behind her cat-eye glasses. She darted towards you, a crazed and angry look in her eyes. You shielded your face with your arms.

However, before you could feel any impact of the attack, you felt wind rush past you and partly uncovered your face to see her bound in a gray, scarf-like wrapping.

Eraserhead. He jumped down in front of you from above you. "[Y/N]! Go!"

~♪♫ ♪♫ ♪~
Guess the song:
"But storms always have an eye, have an eye...."

Song suggestion: Runnin' by Adam Lambert

A/N: You bet Hami and Toga know each other.

And also I've never really written a yandere-ish character lol.