Chapter 39

Hizashi came back after Shota left to keep you company.

"I tried to get Trinket back, but she seems to much prefer Shota's hair." Hizashi chuckled. You laughed, imagining Shota's hair as a nest.

"When do you have to leave for the hero mission?" you asked Hizashi.

"Not for a while, actually. I would want you to heal slower so that I could go to the other mission and you don't have to go, but I also do want you to get better soon."

"Even so, I want a part in it."

"We'll see." He stayed with you for a long time, until visiting hours were done.

After that, the doctor came in to speak with you privately. You waited anxiously for news on Rina.

"Rina is not doing very well, but we managed to keep her in a stable condition," the doctor said instead. He paused before dragging out, "She might not make it."

The overwhelming feeling of dread came back, causing you to feel both fear and determination. Fear that your best friend, partner, and unofficial sister, was going to die. Determination for capturing the villains that did this to her.

"We'll accept visitors when she's better. I know you're very close to her, but please try not to panic. Especially in your state."

~♬~

It wasn't long before the hospital released you. To be fair, you hadn't lost much blood at all, but the shock of the stab and everything else was enough to stress your body out.

You almost immediately went to visit Rina, when the doctors told you that they'll allow it if you just went home and rested. You did reluctantly, impatient and anxious.

Hizashi accompanied you, hoping that he'll help your mood.

Rina was asleep when you and Hizashi arrived.

It was late in the morning, and she was usually up by then. You haven't talked to her in a while, so you were a bit impatient.

However, to your excitement, the doctor told you that Rina was going to be released. They had done surgery on her to remove her voice box. It was because of a tumor, but you didn't pay attention to the medical reasons much.

You were more confused, to say the least. Wasn't Hami's quirk still in her? Or did the doctors find it and remove it? Did you still have to worry about the deal?

You sat by the window sill, looking out. Hizashi pulled a chair over and struck up a conversation, attempting to distract you.

"She really means a lot to you, huh?" Hizashi asked.

You nodded. Hizashi expected you to say something, but unfortunately for him you didn't, causing him to awkwardly stare out the window with you.

It was peaceful, to say the least. The room was the same, the quietness was the same, it was as if you lived here.

The window sill reminded you of when you would always take a crane with you and Rina would use her quirk on it. She would have her own, and the two cranes would fly here.

A crane folded with [F/C] paper and a crane folded with yellow paper. You felt a sense of déjà vu thinking about it.

"Let's make a poem," Hizashi suddenly said, snapping you out of your thoughts.

You paused. "Can't you see that I'm solemn?"

He smiled, able to get you to play along. "I can get you in the mood to be more fun."

"That's why you're my sun." You were enjoying this.

"Awe, I love you tons!"

"You're my number one."