Chapter 34

You two took a hot bath right afterwards, letting both the water and each other warm the skin. You washed quickly, feeling sleepy, both from tiredness and the warmth. Hizashi hummed in content with you, rubbing his hands on your skin.

You realized Hizashi put a lot more hickeys on you than you did to him, and you would have been annoyed if you weren't so tired.

The next few minutes were a blur, as you almost fell asleep then. Hizashi gave you a towel and carried you back to his room, wishing you goodnight and kissing you.

You didn't allow him to leave, however, until you were fully asleep. He didn't mind, wanting to spend more time with you.

You didn't plan on giving him up any time soon, ever.

~♬~

You woke up hearing a familiar song*. You couldn't make out the words due to your morning sleepiness, but after being conscious for a while you made out the lyrics.

"Can we pretend that airplanes in the night skies are like shootin' stars."

You opened your eyes and looked over to the source groggily and saw Hizashi tapping his fingers to the beat, his eyes on his computer screen and a radio on his side.

"I could really use a wish right now, wish right now, wish right now," you murmured sleepily, smiling towards him. It was one of the songs that you and Rina sang. Hizashi looked over to you with a large smile.

"Goooood morning!" Hizashi exclaimed. "How are you feeling?"

You stretched and yawned. "Amazing, but sore," you muttered. You noticed you still had a towel around you from last night.

You blushed, looking around for your clothes.

"They're in the laundry," Hizashi said, noticing you look around. "You can wear one of my shirts and underwear if you'd like."

You nodded and he tossed you a change of clothes. You put it on, seeing that they were unsurprisingly too big for you. You shrugged it off, then walked over to Hizashi slowly and hugged him from behind.

He looked up to you with a loving smile. "You're beautiful, you know that?"

"I just woke up," you groaned. You smiled slightly, setting your chin on his soft hair. "Thanks for yesterday," you murmured into his ear. He flinched as it tickled him. You had a sly idea and bit his ear lightly.

"[Y/N]!" Hizashi yelped, flinching away further. "I thought we were over this."

"You gave me more hickeys than I did you." You pouted, then giggled. "I'm kidding. What time is it?"

"A little after five. I just finished my radio show and was just listening to one of your beautiful songs again." Hizashi kissed you despite your morning breath. "I put it out on the radio."

"Thanks," you replied. "What's for breakfast?"

"Up to you," Hizashi said. "I can go cook."

You heard a buzz and looked to see where it came from. Your phone was ringing and you quickly spotted it on Hizashi's table. You grabbed it, excusing yourself from Hizashi.

"Hello?" You asked, trying to sound more awake.

"Hello, is this [Y/N] [L/N], friend of Rina Mitsu?"

"Yes." You held your breath.

"This is the Hosu General Hospital. We're calling to tell you that Rina is currently in a stable condition and we're accepting visitors for her. The doctor is going to explain to you about her condition. She isn't awake at the moment and her health is drastically going downhill, we're sorry to say. We are keeping the visiting hours for her short."

"Alright.... I'll come by soon. Thank you." You hung up, breathing a sigh of relief. If the hospital were allowing you to visit her, she must be okay for now. You had time.

Hizashi gave you a concerned look. "It was the hospital," you told him.

"What'd they say?"

"They're allowing visitors for Rina." You set the phone down. "I'll have to visit her as soon as possible."

Hizashi chuckled. "Wearing that?"

You paused. "When are the clothes done?"

"Not in another... half an hour," Hizashi answered, checking his watch. "We can eat breakfast as we wait."

You nodded, sighing and a bit impatient.

"C'mon [Y/N], cheer up." Hizashi stood up and gave you a hug. "I'm sure Rina will be fine."

You really did hope so. "Are you back to hero and teacher work?"

"It's Saturday, so no school," Hizashi said excitedly as if he were a student. "But I'm back to patrolling and hero work in a few hours. I'll have time to visit Rina with you though."

"Awesome," you murmured. "Let's go, I want food."

Hizashi laughed, taking you in his arms and carrying you bridal-style to the dining room.

"Eggs, pancakes, waffles, bacon, or just cereal?" Hizashi asked.

You haven't had cereal in a while, honestly. "What cereal do you have?"

Hizashi opened a cupboard and raised an eyebrow at you. There was a whole variety of cereal. Cinnamon Toast, Lucky Charms, Cocoa Puffs, Fruit Loops, and a whole lot more.

"You didn't have lunch, but you have this much variety of breakfast?" You exclaimed.

"I usually have lunch outside when I'm working," Hizashi replied nonchalantly.

Now that you think about it, when you two had been working on the mashup, Hizashi always came early in the morning and left before lunch, or came after you ate lunch until dinner. Sometimes you'd offer him lunch at your place. That was during the weekends. Weekdays varied, since he had teacher work.

"Makes sense," you said. You chose your breakfast and the two of you ate, chatting a bit and you worrying less about the villains and Rina.

~♪♫ ♪♫ ♪~
Chapter music question!
Do you like nursery rhymes or find them annoying?

*Song is Airplanes by Bob McGrath, go listen to it if you haven't already!