Chapter 46

You slept through the bell that rang when Lina and the twins arrived.

Trinket somehow managed to open the door with her paper claws, so that Hizashi didn't have to move from his position with you leaning against him.

Your friends saw the situation, and, not knowing anything, they were about to joke about it. However, the look on Hizashi's face told them something was wrong.

Hizashi sighed, and he explained everything from Shota's plan—since they had not heard it from you yet—to Rina's death.

You were up just a few minutes after Hizashi told them what happened.

You could see that their eyes were puffy. Yours were probably too.

You were still in Hizashi's arms, and you didn't plan on moving any time soon.

"Are you okay?" Mabel asked, sniffing uncontrollably. She certainly wasn't.

"Yeah.... Just needed some time to... think." You knew this was coming. It all felt rushed, like Rina was meant to die ever since the parasite was there.

The five of you were all silent, not sure what to say. You were the closest to Rina, and she was the only one who could possibly help you through grief.

You took a deep breath and let it out. "We should plan a funeral."

~♬~

Somehow, you went from talking about Rina and her funeral in a low, almost emotionless voice to music and writing in a more cheerful tone.

You were grateful for that, and Hizashi seemed to be more comfortable. He was happy to see you happy, and you the same.

"I have a sort of idea for a music video, you said. "You guys should be in it."

"We're heading back to America after the funeral," Mason replied, a small frown on his face. "We would love to do a small thing if it's quick, though."

"It probably will," you said. "I want all of you to be in it."

"What's the song?"

Trinket flew in, bringing you a harmonica, as if knowing exactly what you needed. You played a few notes, making them up on the spot. Paused, then continued for a while with new chords.

"Let me," Hizashi offered. You gave him the harmonica and cleared your throat.

Hizashi started playing and you started singing. He amazingly memorized the tune, playing it exactly like how you did.

Your friends looked at the two of you in amazement when you two were finished, clapping. Their eyes were still a bit red from crying, but it helped to focus on music, chatting, and friends.

"You made all that just now?" Lina asked incredulously. "That's amazing. No wonder you're also an amazing writer."

Soon, it was getting late and Lina and the twins had to leave. You had gone over your idea to them, and they planned to text you to discuss everything.

Hizashi stayed with you, keeping you company. You appreciated this, as you would have been lonely again without him.

You smiled, reviewing the lyrics in your head. You hadn't made a song in which you were the singer in a long time, but this was a special case.

"Hey [Y/N]," Hizashi started, wrapping his arms around once again. The two of you were still on the couch, both too lazy and comfortable to move. "I talked to that business guy that you applied for to get a singer. He said he could partner you up with a few people."

"Forget that." You had already forgotten about that. It was such a long time ago, the day you first met Hizashi. "I'll sing my own song. Even if I wasn't, I'd want you to be the voice."

Hizashi chuckled. "I knew you'd say that." He rested his head on your head as you rested yours on his chest. Trinket joined the two of you, nestling in Hizashi's hair.

You could hear and feel Hizashi's heartbeats. It reminded you of when you waited in a silent room, waiting for Rina to wake up, and all you could hear was her heartbeats and watch her chest go up and down.

You started crying again, but less shock and disbelief and more grief and heartsickness.

"C'mon, don't be like that again," Hizashi said soothingly. "You have things to work on. Rina would want you to focus on that."

You stayed quiet, knowing that he was right. You were about to get up, but Hizashi started humming. You paused, waiting for your brain to recognize the song. You hummed the tune, not remembering the lyrics.

Hizashi smiled, seeing you scrunch up your face trying to remember the song. "Don't matter where we've been, no, there ain't no better view, than you in my arms with my eyes on you."

"Halfway across the world...." You sang with him slowly, until you remembered. "Or the local corner booth." You snapped your fingers, careful not to accidentally activate your quirk. "Eyes On You by Chase Rice."

"Yeah, you guessed it, girl." Hizashi said that line instead of singing it, chuckling. "You know I've got my eyes on you."

You nodded your head to the rhythm as he sang. You sang under your breath. Your mood had been going up and down, but Hizashi seemed to keep it bright and high.

You wiped your eyes with your sleeves and slowly got up. Hizashi copied, slightly wincing when Trinket adjusted her position and pulled slightly at his hair.

You took another deep breath and let it out. Looking back to Hizashi you put a smile on your face as best you could. "I'm going to work on the story," you declared. "I have some ideas that just popped in."

"Cool, it might just be the distraction you need." Hizashi gave you a thumbs up. "If you need any help just tell me. I'm sure we can find something romantic."

You gave a genuine laugh. Hizashi put his hands on your chin and kissed you, enjoying the moment.

"I'm sure you can, 'Zashi."

~♪♫ ♪♫ ♪~
Chapter music question!
Any songs you can dance to?