Chapter 43

You didn't care at that moment to think about the purpose you were here, mainly because it was most likely taken care of according to Hizashi. You just wanted to spend some time with him now.

You told the DJ the song, and the song started. You grabbed Hizashi's hands and just started to dance again. The crowd cheered when they heard the familiar, popular song.

Hizashi chuckled when he heard the song and looked back at the DJ, giving him a thumbs up as a thanks.

You smiled. "Oh, don't you dare look back, just keep your eyes on me."

"I said you're holding back, she said...."

"Shut up and dance with me!"

"This woman's my destiny!" Hizashi announced, slightly using his quirk. "She said...."

"Oh, oh, oh, shut up and dance with me!"

This was one of your favorite songs, and it fit the situation perfectly. The screen with the lyrics wasn't even needed.

The two of you sang the next lines together. "We were victims of the night; the chemical, physical, kryptonite! Helpless to the bass and the fading light. Oh, we were bound to get together!"

"Bound to get together!" you echoed, along with the crowd.

"She took my arm," Hizashi sang. I don't know how it happened; we took the floor and she said...."

"Oh, don't you dare look back, just keep your eyes on me!"

"I said you're holding back, she said...."

You raised your arms, signifying the audience to sing it with the two of you. "Shut up and dance with me!"

"A backless dress and some beat up sneaks. My discotheque Juliet teenage dream. I felt it in my chest as she looked at me."

"I knew we were bound to be together," you sang together with him, then pointed at the audience for the repeated, "Bound to be together!"

"She took my arm," Hizashi sang. "I don't know how it happened. We took the floor and she said...."

"Oh, don't you dare look back, just keep your eyes on me!"

"I said you're holding back, she said...."

"Shut up and dance with me!"

"This woman is my destiny! She said...."

"Oh, oh, oh, shut up and dance with me!"

"Oh, c'mon girl!" Hizashi danced in sync with you, fluent and agile as if he'd done this a million times. "Deep in her eyes, I think I see the future; I realize this is my last chance! She took my arm, I don't know how it happened. We took the floor and she said...."

"Oh, don't you dare look back, just keep your eyes on me!" You sure didn't know the moves of the dance, but it was working well for you to make them up as you go.

"I said you're holding back, she said...."

"Shut up and dance with me!"

"This woman is my destiny! She said...."

"Oh, oh, oh, shut up and dance!"

"Don't you dare look back," the last few lines were sung together. "Just keep your eyes on me! I said you're holding back, she said shut up and dance with me! This woman is my destiny! She said oh, oh, oh, shut up and dance with me! Oh, oh, oh, shut up dance with me! Oh, oh, oh, shut up dance with me!"

You raised your arms once again, Hizashi copying you. The two of you bowed as the audience clapped and cheered.

You had a huge smile on your face like Hizashi, the feeling almost matching the experience a few days ago. You haven't done karaoke in a long time, you forgot how amazing it was.

When the song was done, the two of you went off somewhere else to avoid the crowd.

"That. Was. Amazing!" You clapped your hands together, staring at Hizashi with sparkling eyes.

"Agreed, it was a blast! You have to sing more." Hizashi hung his arm around your neck, smiling widely.

"Why were you wearing a disguise anyway if the villains were elsewhere?" You questioned, remembering why you were there in the first place.

"This is a big place, and if people were to recognize me here it would be annoying." Hizashi took off his wig and ruffled his hair. "They almost recognized my voice and got crazy." He paused, then pulled out his phone from his pocket. He glanced at the screen then frowned a bit. "Shota and Ectoplasm needs me, I have to go." You watched as he took off his contacts as well.

"I'll come with you!" You said immediately.

Hizashi typed something, then looked back at you to give you a reassuring smile. "Leave it to the pros!"

"But...." You crossed your arms, ready to try and convince Hizashi to let you go with him. However, your phone rang.

"Better get that," Hizashi commented. He waited until you picked up, then kissed your cheek and shot you finger guns and started walking away, out the building. "Cya."

"Hey!"

"[Y/N]?" the caller asked. It was Mason.

"What?" you asked, your cheerfulness dissipating.

"Ah, you see...." He was taken aback from your tone through the phone. "We're at Lina's place. We have something important to tell you."

"Tell me now."

"Show you, I mean."

"It can wait."

"No, it can't. Literally. Please come."

Mason sounded really desperate. Why should you go? You wanted to go help capture the people who hurt Hizashi. The person who killed Rina . The person the twins helped. You clenched your fists, unable to choose.

"It's something to do with Rina." That got your attention. "She's in danger."

"What the fuck Mason?" You walked out the building and started jogging towards Lina's house. "She's... she's dead!" There was silence on the other end. "Hello?"

You started running, phone held up to your ear and a panicked expression on your face. You passed the villain's place where you were supposed to meet and make the deal. It's only been five days, Rina was already dead, they couldn't have expected you to do something, right?

The phone cut on the other end. You cursed, running faster. Gravity Falls was definitely going to fall to their doom once you got there.

It wasn't long before you arrived, considering how fast you were running. Before you could enter the apartment building, however, a purple cloud suddenly appeared in front of you.

Today has certainly been one hell of a rollercoaster.

~♪♫ ♪♫ ♪~
Chapter music question!
What music artist do you want to meet most?