Chapter 42

You sat at the counter alone, suddenly feeling completely out of place. You looked around, seeing what they served. Surprisingly, it was all pretty tame. The bartender seemed to be strict with the alcohol to the other guests, and the other drinks were just juice, tea, and water.

Shota was right, you thought. You should trust him more with his plans.

Just then, a voice was directed at you. "Hey there, beautiful."

It wasn't the drunk, dirty talk voice you expected to hear at that place, but more of a charming and inviting voice. It belonged to a man that looked pretty cute—no more than Hizashi, however—and a smug face.

The song changed in the background as he sat down next to you. As if in a trance, you let him pull you up to the stage where the karaoke singers sang. It was cleared, leaving space for you and that other guy.

"Can you blow my whistle baby, whistle baby," the man sang. "Let me know. Girl, I'm gonna show you how to do it and we'll start real slow."

He whistled the tune and sung the song so well you thought he made it.

"You just put your lips together and you come real close." His face went closer to yours.

You gasped, snapping out of your trance and pushed him away, blushing hard. What was happening to you? You almost fell over if it weren't for the arms that caught you.

Another man that looked similar to the other, but younger, helped you regain your balance.

The song changed again, now drums beating in the background.

"I hear your heart beat to the beat of the drums!" He sang, then glared at the other man. He took your arms gently and led you away. "Oh what a shame that you came here with someone."

You snatched your arms away and almost jumped off the stage and into the crowd. The only thing stopping you was the craziness of the audience and the expectant looks of the two men that seemed to be rivals.

"Jesus fucking Christ," you muttered. This was not what you wanted.

One of the singers noticed your panicked expression, thankfully, and sympathetically led you offstage. The other man followed, leaving the stage empty. It wasn't for long, for people jumped in to finish singing the song.

Ready to cuss them out, you paused when the two of them nodded their heads down at you.

"Sorry about that," he apologized. "We had a bit of an argument and we couldn't resist getting a beauty like you to try and settle it. And that brainwashing trance effect was my quirk."

"Boys," you huffed, crossing your arms. "It's fine, I love the singing by the way. Lovely voices." You wanted to be nice, after all they did apologize. You attempted to walk away.

"Thanks," the other man joked. "But still. C'mon, we don't bite." He took your hand and tried to lead you back on the stage.

"I do." You felt arms wrap around you protectively and you turned your head to see a blue-eyed, darker-haired Hizashi, handsome as ever. It was difficult to tell, but you could recognize him wherever and however he looked. You sighed in relief, not even wondering why he was there.

"Meet my boyfriend." Your arms hugged his arms as you turned your head to kiss him.

"Shit," the stranger muttered. "Sorry, sorry."

"You better be," Hizashi snarled. "You don't know who you're messing with."

"Alright, alright," the older of the two said.

"Alright, alright," the other repeated nervously.

"It's a hell of a feeling though!" The two chuckled nervously, then dipped.

"Nice try," you admitted, calling to them. You looked up at Hizashi. "Why are you here?"

"Ah... well, you see...." Hizashi stuttered over his words, then said quickly, "Ectoplasm got a trail and needed someone to be here because he needed a lot more clones than expected. My mission was covered by another hero."

You stared at him suspiciously, but you weren't complaining.

"So Ectoplasm is catching the villains?"

"Yep. I just came to pick you up and tell you that."

You sighed. You didn't get to do anything. "Cool, cool." You smiled up at him regardless. "You came at the perfect time though."

He laughed. "You looked like a deer in headlights." He grasped your hand and checked his watch. "Karaoke? We have time, right?"

You paused. "Totally." You were going to question him about how he got another hero to cover for him and how he got into this party later.

Hizashi went up to the stage, grasping your hand. He cleared the stage and nodded towards the DJ. He seemed popular around here. The disguise, more like it.

Hizashi said something to the DJ and backed away, winking at you. The DJ scrolled through his phone and soon, the music started. Hizashi tossed you a microphone.

"Hey, hey, hey," Hizashi sang. "Your lipsticks stains; on the front lobe of my left side brains."

You gasped excitedly. It was a slow song and old, but people seemed to like it anyway. A screen showed the lyrics that had to be sung and you glanced at it.

"I knew I wouldn't forget you, and so I let you go and blow my mind," you continued for him, signaling you knew the song.

Hizashi offered his hand as the music started to get faster. "Care for a dance?"

You had no idea how to dance to this type of music. Not that you didn't like it, it was just that you never tried it. It wasn't a problem, however, as Hizashi led.

His eyes looked at you half-closed, a soft smile on his face. You let him guide your arms, and you moved your legs where it felt natural. You couldn't help but smile at how much fun you were having.

Hizashi sang along with the song, letting you get lost with both the music, dancing, and his voice.

The two of you took turns singing, using the mic when the lyrics were needed and then dancing when it was just the instruments playing.

"Your sweet moonbeam," the two of you sang it together. "The smell of you in every single dream I dream."

"I knew when we collided," you sang this line. "You're the one I have decided, who's one of my kind!"

"Hey, soul sister! Ain't that Mr. Mister on the radio, stereo?" Hizashi pointed at the previous two people that were sneaking away. He then gestured his hands to you. "The way you move ain't fair you know!"

Then the two of you together again: "Hey, soul sister, I don't want to miss a single thing you do, tonight."

The rest of the song was in rotation, sometimes Hizashi solo, sometimes you solo, but most of the lines were both of you together.

The two of you danced and sang, enjoying the song and feeling confident and carefree.

"Sorry that song was old," Hizashi murmured after the song ended. "You might not have known it."

"What's wrong with that? Old but gold," you replied, kissing him. "Think I can get a song next on queue because of your obviously high status here?"

Hizashi laughed. "Go for it, my songbird."

~♪♫ ♪♫ ♪~
Chapter music question!
What song cheers you up?