Chapter 5

'Hello,' you mouthed, the paper too far to write a reply.

He walked in without your invitation, not even letting you move out of the way as he pushed past you.

Rude, you thought, clicking your tongue. The hero suddenly stopped.

"Rude," Present Mic echoed your thoughts. You silently laughed at this.

"Sorry for barging in," the man said over his shoulder, looking confused but regaining his composure.

You nodded, fearfully and excitedly. There were two pro heroes in your house. And you had helped one of them. Not that being injured was a good thing, but you were glad you contributed to the hero society in some way.

"I'm Eraserhead," the man introduced. He didn't show up in the news much, but he was a pro hero and teacher. He put his hands in his pockets, then stood there waiting.

You gestured to the couch, telling him he could sit. Your face flushed from embarrassment. You wished you could talk without hurting. You sat down next to them, then grabbed the paper and pen.

"Shy?" Eraserhead asked Present Mic. "They don't seem like one to rush in and help."

"They're not shy, they just don't like talking," Present Mic explained. "This listener's name is [Y/N] [L/N]. Should we tell them about the villain stuff?"

"Why?" Eraserhead scoffed. He seemed to be really annoyed, just like in those photos you've seen in the news.

"They might know something, who knows," Present Mic said. "They helped."

Eraserhead sighed, then turned to me. "There's this villain that we're trying to track down and one escaped."

'Who is the villain?' you wrote, curious.

Eraserhead was hesitant to tell me, but answered my question with a question, "What's your quirk?"

You showed him the part where you told Present Mic about your quirk. He read what you wrote, then nodded.

You desperately wanted to know what was going on and help the heroes, but it wasn't their fault they were wary, at least Eraserhead was.

"Hey, Shota," Present Mic said. "They wrote that book you liked so much. Ah, what was it again? Insomnia?"

[Quick A/N: For people who've read my other story called Insomnia, that story and this one are in no way connected. I just needed a random title.]

Eraserhead immediately looked more interested in you. "You're [P/N]? You said you were [Y/N] [L/N]."

You rolled your eyes. 'There's a thing called pen names,' you wrote.

"You write amazing stories," Eraserhead commented.

You smiled and nodded in gratitude.

Present Mic laughed. "Honestly, I never really knew you read books until Nemuri told me, considering you're always sleeping."

You waited for their conversation to end, then asked again, on paper, about the villains.

"We were chasing a villain called Kaito, but he escaped somehow," Eraserhead started, but stopped when he saw you tense up.

"Kaito... who?" you asked quietly.

"We don't know, we just know it's Kaito. Do you know any Kaito?"

You nodded your head hesitantly. 'Editor's husband, Kaito Chang,' you wrote.

"Who's your editor?"