Chapter 7

You looked forward to seeing Rina again. You've told her about the villain incident and how you met Present Mic during the times you visited her, and she was also jealous. Your friends were all Present Mic fans, and you decided to ask him the next time you saw him if he would visit them some time. You were on good terms with him, you supposed.

Once you left Lina's home, it was late and dark out. You got out your notepad and decided to do some more poems as you walked home. You were done with your quota, but exceeding it would be nice.

Sunset,
Dark corners and alleys.
Noises, breaking out in cold sweat.
Mysteries, the night carries.

There were not many people or cars around at the time, which made you feel a little less safe. You got out your earphones and phone from your bag and put your music list to shuffle.

However, before you could press play, you heard a loud crash come from ahead of you. You spotted three figures that seemed to be fighting each other.

A girl with black hair wearing a black leather jacket and white fingerless gloves was being attacked by two other people. She seemed to have long earrings that she could control. The men both seemed pretty muscular and wore headphones.

You hurriedly put away your earphones and ran up to the fight, wanting to help.

When you were closer, you saw that the girl's hair was a dark purple and the earrings were part of her actual ears. They were earphone jacks. You recognized her from somewhere.

Trying not to catch the attention of the two men, you hid in an alleyway and watched the fight. You watched and waited, thinking about what you should do.

"Here's the payback for before!" One of the men shouted.

A loud crash followed. The two men had the girl surrounded, but she didn't back down. She clenched her teeth and plugged her earphone jacks into her shoes.

"Not gonna work, bitch," one of the men said. "We've got headphones to block that out."

"And the vibrations won't work against us." The other man swiftly grabbed the girl by the collar of her red shirt under the jacket.

The girl muttered under her breath and you suddenly stepped out, deciding that you should do something. You raised a hand up at them and clicked your tongue. They suddenly paused for a moment and let the girl down. They were caught off guard and looked at you with a mean face.

"Oh, who's this?" The two smirked, thinking that they could win.

You snapped your fingers, activating your quirk. The action seemed to create a wave that knocked the villains from their feet.

You saw the girl plug her earphone jacks into something on her arm and slam them onto the ground. The ground vibrated and shattered under the villains, making a hole in the ground in which they fell into.

One of them was able to climb out rather quickly since they had clung on to the ledge.

Before you or the girl could do anything, another person appeared. It was a tall man with a muscular build and spiky white hair. You recognized him as the pro hero Death Arms.

The hero grabbed the man with his large arms and threw him into the hole. That was unnecessary, you thought. He could've just pushed him in. The two villains seemed to be unconscious.

"Are you two alright?" The hero rushed over to you and the girl. "Sorry I took so long, the other villain was being stubborn."

"I'm alright," you said, relieved that everything was under control.