Chapter 21

You and Hizashi visited Rina the next morning, you being annoyed but appreciated by the fact that Rina managed to get you two together somehow. She had even sent you a crane last night with nothing but a winky face and her name signed.

Before you or Hizashi could even show any signs of the confession, Rina took one look at the squawking cockatoo on Hizashi's head and smiled.

"Let me guess, you two—"

"Shhhhush." You pouted as she stuck out her tongue and Hizashi laughed.

"Congrats," Rina said. You noticed how her voice was a bit raspy, but she was too excited to worry about it. "Took ya long enough. It's been almost two months."

"We were busy working on a song, okay?" you grumbled.

"How'd you know?" Hizashi asked Rina, confused.

"She can understand her origami animals. Like telepathy," you answered for Rina. You pointed at Trinket. "She's like a stalker now."

Hizashi raised a curious eyebrow, noy sure whether to be disturbed or impressed. Rina laughed. "What, it's not like I'm actually there or have a live camera. She can remember and tell me stories whenever she wants to. I made her way too realistic."

You chuckled, looking up at Trinket.

"You want to hear the final product for the mashup?" you asked Rina.

"We finally finished!" Hizashi exclaimed. "I got [Y/N] to sing some of the parts."

Rina gasped dramatically. "[Y/N]? Singing? I definitely want to hear that. I haven't heard you sing in so long, only hum."

You were trapped as Rina and Hizashi looked at you expectantly. "Fine. Hizashi's also singing."

"Fine by me." Hizashi brought out his phone to play the instrumentals.

Hizashi sang his parts and you cleared your throat. You sang, closing your eyes so that you didn't have to see the awkward stares from Rina and Hizashi. Hizashi, Rina, and Trinket joined in on the song.

Once the song finished, Rina clapped her hands and looked at you with a face of amazement, much like the look Hizashi had when you sang with him the first time.

She wiped a fake tear from her eyes. "So proud...."

"Oh shush up," you scoffed, looking away. "You've heard me sing plenty of times."

"Not in a long time," Rina argued. "With this song you two are sure to win!"

"Definitely, now that we have this amazing cockatoo." Trinket perched on Hizashi's finger and he raised her high in the air. "Her voice is really not bad."

"It's perfect," Rina agreed. "Hey, so how'd the confession go? You guys are official now, right?"

"Darn, you still remember." You hoped that changing the subject would bring her mind away from it. You took out your notepad reluctantly. "Here." You flipped to the page where Hizashi wrote the poem.

"Wow. Cute." Rina read the poem, smiling. "Very cheesy, but cute."

"I'm not the best at rhyming on the spot so I just chose a word that had a lot of rhymes," Hizashi explained. He swung his arm around your neck and pulled you closer. "Not bad, right?"

You nodded, blushing as he planted a kiss on your cheek. Rina giggles at that. "You two are such a cute couple."

Hizashi chuckled, thanking her while you stuttered out words in general.

God, why did it have to be Rina and Hizashi to be able to make you flustered. That's what friends are for, you figured.

"Maybe you can start continuing your romance novel!" Rina suggested. "You now have personal connection to your protagonist and have a personal experience."

"Maybe. I'll try to work on it once the Battle of the Bands event ends." You wondered if it would actually help if you were finally in a relationship.

"You should make it romance and comedy," Hizashi recommended. "You do some really mean pranks."

You couldn't help but smile at that. "I got most of the ideas from Rina. She did most of those pranks a long time ago in college."

"You mean those bathroom pranks?" Rina gasped, excited. "Those pranks were the best part of the college years! Tell me about it."

"Oh right, I completely forgot to tell you yesterday."

You and Hizashi told her about it. You told her about the tape on the sink, the shampoo and hair gel swap, and deodorant and soap bar swap. The toothpaste in the hair drying towel and the spider drawing on the toilet paper roll were ones you thought of on the spot.

You and Rina jokingly made fun of Hizashi for falling for all of those pranks.

"You're a hero," Rina said. "You should be more cautious."

"You think I'm that type of hero?" Hizashi scoffed. "I just go for it, you know."

"Why did you do the pranks anyway?" Rina asked you. You hesitated before telling her.

"Just to get him back for threatening me into singing." You shot a glare at Hizashi, silently telling him not to tell Rina what he threatened you with. He did it regardless, giving you a smile in return.

"I threatened them a bunch of times before one actually got them to sing," Hizashi explained. "I told them I would kiss them, or wouldn't kiss then."

"That doesn't make sense." Rina laughed. "What'd you say, [Y/N]?"

"I didn't say anything and he didn't find out which one until yesterday," you replied, sighing. "I just sang. I thought he was just joking around."

"Only me and sometimes Lina and Kaito have been able to convince [Y/N] to change their mind about something," Rina told Hizashi. "It's amazing how stubborn [Y/N] is."

"Am not," you muttered.

"I had to beg to get you to come to a music college rather than a creative writing one!" Rina exclaimed. "And bribe you with food to do a few concerts with me!" Rina looked at Hizashi. "Do you know how hard it was to persuade [Y/N] to not use my name for this book they were writing too?"

Hizashi nodded. "Now that I think about it, they really are stubborn."

"I still can't convince them to reveal their face more on the media for their songs, and stop using their pen name for books, and continue the romance novel, and⁠—"

"You can stop now!" You stopped her, embarrassed. Rina was like a mom showing someone baby photos. "I get it. Also, I am continuing the novel. It's just... taking a while."

"Well, the only ones waiting on you are your friends," Rina said. "Just be sure you don't reveal that to your fans or they'll go crazy."

You nodded. "The event is in two days," you told Rina. "Lina said that they'll record our part and show it to you."

"That's great! I just wish I could see it personally." Rina sighed. "The doctors don't know what's wrong with me and won't let me out!"

"That's why you should stay put," you said. "You almost fainted last time you got up."

"Have any of the healing quirks worked?" Hizashi asked.

"No, sadly," you answered. You changed the topic. "Hey, you should ask Shota or Nemuri to come over for the event."

"He's at a summer training camp with his students." Hizashi pushed up his glasses. "I'll ask Nemuri though."

"Too bad for Shota." You frowned. "Though he might not enjoy it either way." You looked over to Rina. "I might not be able to come over on the day of the event, since it's early in the morning and who knows how long it could take."

"No problem, just give me the news when you can. Although I can probably watch it on my phone."

"Sure, go for it," you said, and the three of you continued talking in excitement over the upcoming event.

~♪♫ ♪♫ ♪~
BNHA discussion question:
Would books written in the BNHA world have characters with quirks or not? Or an even mix of both?

They would be so much more interesting when the authors created their own quirks for characters, but then things like plot holes wouldn't work, and mysteries and thrillers wouldn't work.