Chapter 19

Unfortunately, the hospital didn't allow visitors for Rina when you went over because of some emergency situation with a quirk near her room.

Lina and Kaito were also unavailable, so that left Nemuri and the other teachers. Hizashi suggested going over to Nemuri's.

On the way there, Hizashi had way too much fun with Trinket that you were starting to have second thoughts about giving the bird to Hizashi as a birthday present. Perhaps it was Rina's fault, since she made the personality.

You laughed when Hizashi was attempting to get Trinket to say his name, but it seemed like she was saying it wrong on purpose. She screeched "HAZAH" and spread her paper wings out and picked up a foot, as if dancing and showing off.

"How come she can say your name and not mine?" Hizashi complained. He pouted, watching as Trinket nuzzled her head in your hair.

"Maybe she has favorites," you replied. You gave him an innocent look. "Ask Rina, I guess."

"Night! Night!" Trinket said, bobbing her head and raising her crest. You and Hizashi looked to see where she was looking and saw Nemuri.

She was in her hero costume, looking sexy as usual. She waved towards the two of you with her flail when she heard Trinket.

"Hey, Nemuri!" Hizashi yelled. You waved back.

"Hey Hizashi, [Y/N]!" She looked towards Hizashi. "Happy birthday! Is that a cockatoo?"

"Thanks!" Hizashi nodded at Trinket. "[Y/N] and her friend made this fabulous bird!"

"Looks like she can recognize popular heroes!" you added. "What are you up to?"

"Patrolling," Nemuri said simply. She looked towards Hizashi. "You free the rest of today?"

"Yeah, why?"

Nemuri ignored him, then looked over to you. "You free the rest of today too?"

You nodded, confused.

"Great, you two have fun together 'cause the rest of us are busy with hero work!" She waved you two off and ran off somewhere, leaving both you and Hizashi dumbfounded.

"Why is everyone trying to get us together?" you wondered, laughing lightly.

Hizashi shrugged. "Dunno, but I'm not complaining."

"Does she always patrol in that hero costume?"

"Yep."

"In public, in front of kids?"

"Yep".

"Wow."

"Yep."

People sure had confidence, you thought. "So... where do you want to go for your birthday?"

"You don't have to make such a big deal out of this, jeez."

You and Hizashi started walking aimlessly around a park as Trinket hummed a song.

"Birthdays are a big deal!" you exclaimed. "We should do something special."

Before Hizashi could reply, a screech was heard, and it wasn't from Trinket.

"It's Mic!" a woman yelled loudly, just like Hizashi usually does.

A large group of people that the woman was around looked towards the two of you, and started running over. Usually people would pause and see if Hizashi was actually him, but Trinket liked nestling in Hizashi's hair so the hat was off.

The hoard of people pushed, consisting of very loud fans of Present Mic.

"He's with [Y/N] [L/N]!" another voice called. You spotted a teen you didn't recognize pointing at you. Perhaps a fan?

Not a lot of other people paid attention to him, instead swarming around Hizashi. Most of them held some sort of gift and shoved them into his arms.

"This is really starting to get more attention," you muttered. Hizashi held the gifts messily, but managed to remain calm and energetic at the same time.

"Hey, listeners!" he yelled, winking at the fans. The pile of gifts in his arm covered most of his face, so the smoochy people weren't able to get in, which made you feel thankful for some reason.

"Happy birthday Mic!"

"I'm such a big fan of yours!"

"Could you sign my shirt please?"

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

"Oh my gawd this is amazing!"

"I love you!"

"Could you sign my face?!"

The yelling and whistling was making your ears hurt, and that was saying a lot considering you hang out with Hizashi a lot. These fans radiated the same energy, if not more, as Hizashi.

Deciding to leave Hizashi to deal with his fans for at least a little bit, you managed to get out of the crowd and you noticed a few people on the outskirts of the crowd, seemingly too shy to go up to talk to him.

You were about to go up to them when you were surrounded by people. Not as many as Hizashi, but at least ten people.

"Excuse me, you're [Y/N] [L/N], right?" a man asked, standing next to a woman who seemed nervous and hesitant. You nodded.

The woman's eyes immediately sparked with interest.

"I love your songs and music!" she exclaimed, grasping on to the man's shoulders as if trying to contain her excitement.

You smiled at her. "Thanks! I'm not that popular so I'm kind of surprised there's some fans here."

"See, I knew I saw their face somewhere before!" the man told the woman.

The group surrounding you began getting closer, but not in an uncomfortable way, and started asking questions. You really didn't mind, realizing this is what Hizashi had to go through, just on a smaller and less crazy scale. It was just unfamiliar and you weren't used to it.

It was getting so chaotic and loud in the park that the police had to interfere and separate you and Hizashi from the fans in a few minutes. They managed to sneak you two away with some kind of quirk.

"Holy hell is that what you go through all the time?" you asked, speed walking away with Hizashi. Trinket had to make do with resting on his hat.

"Yeah, but I try to stay away when I'm in public," Hizashi replied. "And when I'm with you."

"What? Why?"

"Like I said before, I didn't think you'd like attention." Hizashi gave you a nervous look with a tint of pink on his cheeks. "Though I saw that some people recognized you!"

"I don't mind as long as they're not trying to kiss me. Or you," you muttered the last part quietly so that he didn't hear.

"Well, that was one hell of a walk," Hizashi commented. "What were we talking about?"

Trinket started to sing Happy Birthday.

"Your birthday!" you exclaimed, signing along with the bird and giggling.

"Why not celebrate somewhere less populated so we don't get interrupted?" Hizashi laughed.

The way he said that made you feel embarrassed that only you were with Hizashi to celebrate his birthday. Some friends he has.

"We can head over to my house," you offered. "Cake?"

"Sure! Thanks so much!" Hizashi grasped your hand gently and you fell silent.

"Piece of cake," you whispered, smiling embarrassedly.

~♪♫ ♪♫ ♪~
Chapter question!
Do you like these chapter question prompts?

Just wondering, cause I actually read the comments and they're interesting!