Chapter 36

In a few minutes you got dressed and headed for the hospital with Hizashi.

You hadn't brought your notepad when you came over to Hizashi's yesterday, thinking that you'd stay focused with Hizashi and come back to your home on the same day. You wondered whether or not to stop by your house to get it.

You realized that you should, not just for your notepad to work on your poems, but also to pick up Trinket and put in some makeup or a different shirt that could cover all the lovebites Hizashi left.

"But others can't see that you're taken," Hizashi protested when you started putting on foundation.

"Yeah, says the one who covered his neck." Hizashi had worn a turtleneck that covered his neck and part of his face, despite it being the middle of July.

"I don't want people to recognize me!"

"Yeah, sure." You managed to blend the bruises with your skin and hide it. The others would be hidden under your clothes. You didn't mind those.

Trinket listened in on your conversation, her head crest raising in interest.

You headed out again, Hizashi by your side and Trinket on his head. You held hands, humming a random song and just enjoying each other's company.

You needed to tell Hizashi about the villain encounter, you decided. Soon. Maybe now. You could make it to Rina's room right afterwards and stop Lina the Villain if she attempted to kill her.

However, the chance was ruined when you spotted a familiar brown-haired girl. Hami was standing by the ramp that led to the doors of the hospital, arms crossed and a frown on her face, glaring at you.

Did Shota not catch her?

When you and Hizashi approached closer, though, she put on an excited smile. Your blood boiled, but you can't exactly say anything when Hizashi was here.

"Hey!" Hami called, waving at the two of you. "Oh my God, are you Present Mic?"

Hizashi didn't seem to recognize her. You paused. She seemed so out of character for some reason, but she still made you angry.

"Hey, listener," Hizashi said quietly. "If you could, keep it down, would ya?"

Hami fangirled over him, knocking your hand out of his and hugging him tightly, attempting to kiss him on the cheek. When he pushed her away, she didn't try again. Trinket flew off Hizashi's head and landed on your's, squawking a "HEY!"

"You don't remember me?" Hami pouted, ignoring Trinket. "I never got to return the favor for you saving me months ago! I never saw you again."

You could hear the venom in her voice and her fake sadness. "Hami, he has hero work soon and we have to get somewhere."

She ignored you. "Hizashi, baby, why don't you dump this awkward woman for a bit and I'll return the favor?" She licked her lips and tried to wrap her arms around Hizashi.

He looked extremely uncomfortable and pushed her away again. "No thanks, I was just doing my job." He frowned. "And don't talk shit about her like that."

"C'mon, is that the language you use around your fans? We'll have a great time."

Your fists shook in anger, and you prepared to snap your fingers at her and use your quirk.

And you did, but nothing happened. You saw Shota suddenly appear, his eyes flashing red and hair floating up. He wore his hero costume. He came to the rescue, you thought.

However, he gave you a look and slightly shook his head, then tapped Hizashi on the arm and whispered something to him.

You noticed Hami stare at Shota, but did nothing. What was going on?