Chapter 28

"Right, where was I?" Hizashi watched you come over to him and sat down on the arm of the couch. "Bakugo was saved a few hours before I was attacked. I went to help with casualties and then heard there was a stray Nomu near my place during the meeting so I left early. The rest of the meeting wasn't very important and the other pro heroes were at the villains' hideout. I planned to head to the concert straight after dealing with the Nomu. And I was, but I was attacked by those sound villains."

"The other Lina and Kaito?" You asked. "I forgot to ask last time, how did you heroes find out the names of the villains?"

"Basically one of the police in the force had a quirk that could see a person's name and date of death, which is not important," Hizashi explained. "But the name is only the first name, which was why we weren't sure whether or not your Kaito and Lina were the same. We also saw them so we know what they look like, but we didn't find out their quirks."

You nodded. "You barely told me anything about them, honestly."

"I kinda figured out Kaito's quirk when I got attacked last time, when I was helping the other woman." Hizashi coughed. "He can 'sharpen' sound, so when he yelled at me it was like a knife piercing through me."

"Couldn't you have drowned out the sound?"

"Last time I was using my quirk towards your house, remember?" Hizashi grinned. "I didn't want to hurt your ears."

You nodded again, looking away. He was thinking of you even before he got to know you more. "What about last night?"

"I was in my house so that I could get my disguise for the concert. He caught me off guard before I could use my quirk." He scratched the back of his head sheepishly. "And you already know Lina's quirk," Hizashi continued. "She gains power from sound."

"And you came here because...?"

"He brought the fight outside and I was injured when he cut my stomach. I managed to lose him and got to your house."

You nodded. You wondered if they were going to be caught any time soon.

"Sorry I snapped at you," you apologized after a few moments of silence.

"No, no, it's completely fine," Hizashi quickly said. "I'm sorry I didn't listen to you when you said you wanted to be alone."

You looked down at Hizashi's face, sighing. "I really didn't."

Hizashi stayed silent for a while when you said that, staring back up at you. Your mouth was in a deep frown, and he hated to see you like that.

"I can fit the whole world in the palm of my hands," Hizashi suddenly said.

You raised an eyebrow. What?"

Hizashi raised his arms and his hands cupped your face. "See?"

You smiled and blushed a bit. "Seriously?"

Hizashi widened his eyes and pointed at them. "What do you see?"

"Uh, your eyes?"

"And what are my eyes showing?"

"I just see a reflection of me."

"Yep, because you are all I see!"

You almost choked on your own saliva.

Hizashi chuckled. "Guess what drums are my favorite?"

You shrugged, liking his dumb jokes somehow. His hands moved down to your butt as he smirked. "Your bum drums."

You slapped them away, blushing harder. "Okay, you just ruined that."

Hizashi laughed, holding his stomach in pain from both laughter and his injury. He then took the flute back out so that you could see it.

"Where'd you get that?" You questioned. "Isn't that mine?"

"Yep, Trinket brought it to me." Hizashi held it up. "I'd like to see you play it. I've actually never seen you play the flute."

"Yeah, no." You shook your head. "Not in the mood." Hizashi pouted.

"But you're flutiful."

You shook your head again, disappointed. "Nice try."

Hizashi frowned. "I'll play a song then." Hizashi put the flute to his lips.

You nodded hesitantly. How many instruments could he play?

Hizashi paused for a bit, thinking, then started.

You knew the song, and clapped your hands, careful not to accidentally activate your quirk, and nodded your head to the rhythm. Trinket clicked her beak, leaving only lyrics that needed to be sung. Hizashi nudged you. You shook your head.

You probably would if your throat didn't still hurt a bit.

You could see his chest move up and down as he took breaths, and Hizashi seemed to have no trouble with his injuries. You knew playing the flute while lying down made breathing easier, so maybe that was helping.

"Wow." You gaped at him incredulously. You were smiling again, Hizashi noticed.

"I never got to thank you for saving me last night, babe," Hizashi said, the nickname sounding nice from his lips to your ears. He placed the flute on the table next to the couch.

"Well, what was I supposed to do?" You chuckled. "Watch you bleed out in front of me?"

You looked down at his face as you sat on the arm of the couch. Last time he was here he was injured and bleeding. You brushed his soft blond hair away from his face as he looked up to you.

"I feel like I'm just always so sad all the time, more than usual," you murmured.

"You needn't worry," Hizashi said. He yawned and closed his eyes. "Because I am here."

"You just copied All Might's line."

Hizashi smiled. He looked ready to fall asleep. You smiled to yourself, then started humming and activated your quirk. 

"Thanks for cheering me up again."

~♪♫ ♪♫ ♪~
Chapter music question!
Can you focus better while listening to music?