Chapter 11

Hizashi started coming over to your house to work on the song. You two finished the mashup fairly quickly, considering the pro hero's busy schedule. Within a month, you two had finished the instrumentals and had to work on the lyrics.

Hizashi was going to sing all the lyrics while you played. You were going to have to use auto tune for the different voices. You two had exchanged phone numbers—you excitedly got his personal one this time—and sent him the instrumentals and lyrics.

You hadn't mentioned the kiss on the cheek yet, and probably never will to avoid the awkwardness and embarrassment. You told yourself it was only because he was trying to cheer you up.

Hizashi was an amazing singer, being able to control his voice fluently and consistently. Part of his quirk, you guessed.

You had told Hizashi about the villains, which he already heard about from Best Jeanist. "Don't worry about it, we have it under control," Hizashi insisted. "At least, the other pro heroes."

You weren't worried about the villains running loose, but more about the fact that you saw Hizashi more than you saw him on patrol as Present Mic. He insisted that he had time when you asked about it, though.

A month was left until the Battle of the Bands event and Hizashi sometimes hung out with you just for fun and hanging out and not for practicing.

"You made Jiro's ear bleed?" you cried when Hizashi told you about the final exam for class 1A. "How could you?"

"What, I was doing my job," Hizashi defended. "The whole point of the exam was to make the students get out of their comfort zones and do something new."

"And you thought screaming for them to come out was a good idea. Poor Koda, too," you muttered. "I'm glad you got swarmed by bugs."

"How could you say that?" Hizashi shivered. "That was the worst part!"

You shrugged and giggled at his fear. Though you were scared of bugs too, it was funny to hear a grown man faint at them. To be fair, it was a large amount of bugs crawling up his leg.

You sat at your desk while Hizashi strung your guitar's strings and examined your other instruments. You were working on the romance novel after Rina talked you into continuing it. Hizashi being here kept distracting you, but it was really nice to have him talk to you and conversing.

"Hey Hizashi," you asked more seriously. "Have you ever read any romance novels?"

"Ah, maybe?" Hizashi dragged out the words. "Why?"

"Any ideas for my romance novel? I've got a plan for the whole story and where I want to go, but writing each chapter for filler is more difficult than I thought." You tapped the keys lightly, thinking.

"Dunno, how long have you been working on it?"

"About a year."

"Holy fuck!" Hizashi burst out. "And you stuck with it?"

"I take breaks in between writing spurts," you explained. "Motivation is a pain."

"I can agree with that. But seriously, does it usually take that long? You've written other books."

"I've actually written, like, 5 chapters of this novel in a week and stopped for a few months with nothing at all," you commented. "It takes at least a year or more to write a book depending on the book. I prefer to write mystery and thriller, which is why the romance one is taking so long."

"No ideas, huh?" Hizashi asked. "It's like making a song of a different genre."

"Exactly!"

"Do you have any guitar picks?" Hizashi asked quickly, looking around. You pointed towards your collection on a shelf, with many pick holders displaying them.

You watched as Hizashi looked through your collection of picks from a holder. "I like rock, pop, and all that but I tried doing ones with a really slow beat and just... no."

Hizashi laughed. "You should just stick with one genre if you really can't do it. It might rob you of all your motivation altogether." He started picking out certain picks from the holder.

"Who knows, maybe I should add some mystery and thriller to this romance novel. Perhaps supernatural things too," you said, mostly to yourself that time. "But then there's too much stuff...."

"These are some really nice picks," Hizashi commented.

"Thanks, I enjoy collecting them."

"I really love these in particular." Hizashi showed you the ones he picked out—Present Mic-themed ones. Most of them had his face on it, some with his hero costume and some with his casual attire. Others were just lines from some of his songs.

"Hey!" You blushed, wanting to get up and attempt to take them away, but he was too far away and you were too lazy to get up.

"Don't tell me you have more of my merch?" Hizashi got up and headed towards your bathroom.

"Hizashi! Stahp!" you shouted, reluctantly but quickly getting up. By then he was already in your bathroom looking at your shampoo and conditioner bottles like the weirdo he was.

"You do!" The shampoo brand was his and so was his large smile, branded on his face.

"Come on, Hizashi!" Your face reddened and snatched the bottles from his hand and put them back where they were. "You don't just look at people's stuff like this!"

"I don't, just you." Hizashi laughed. You gave him a punch on the shoulder, hard.

~♪♫ ♪♫ ♪~
Chapter music question!
What's your favorite line from a song?