Chapter 37

"They're with the fucking League of Villains!" Shota cursed. He had tried to get in the portal along with them, but it closed, cutting his capture weapon off.

You fell to your knees, the wound on your arm bleeding and hurting like crazy. Hizashi ran up to you and held you in his arms.

It was a good thing you three were right near the hospital, and Hizashi carried you there while Shota went to explain everything to the police that came.

You weren't paying attention, instead thinking about what Hami said. You could have saved Rina from the parasite 100% in return for Hami using her quirk on Hizashi. It probably would have been removable with Shota's quirk or something since Hizashi didn't have any cancer or sickness. Unless Hami was lying, but why would she?

But why would she tell you that in the first place?"

"[Y/N]?" Hizashi called, snapping you out of your thoughts. "[Y/N], stay with me! The hospital is right here!"

"Hizashi, I'm not dying." You grimaced in pain. "I was trying to stop her...."

"I know, save your strength and stay alive!"

Everything was a blur as Hizashi said something to the doctors and nurses in a panic. You couldn't make out what they were saying, and you couldn't care less. You just had an arm wound; you figured it couldn't be too bad.

You felt yourself being lied down on a cart and rolled away.

You were starting to lose consciousness, but you definitely heard Hizashi's loud protests as you were brought away. Perhaps they didn't allow him to come with you at that moment.

~♬~

Hizashi waited outside, pacing back and forth until a doctor came up to him. Hizashi nearly ran him over looking for answers.

The doctor led him to your room, trusting him that he was your boyfriend. Otherwise it would have been an interrogation because of his hero status.

Hizashi looked into the room frantically.

You were up, looking fine other than the bulky- and uncomfortable-looking cast that was on your left arm.

Hizashi watched as you looked around the room groggily. It looked just like Rina's. You sat up quickly, wanting to get off the bed and out. You finally saw him standing by the door.

"[Y/N]?" Hizashi exclaimed. You waved at him.

"Are you okay?" Hizashi asked panically, running up to you. "Jesus Christ, don't do that again!"

"Did they escape?" you asked, ignoring Hizashi's worried question.

Hizashi nodded hesitantly. "But you're safe. I'll find Hami if it's the last thing I do and make her regret hurting you."

You looked down, frustrated. "Is Rina okay?"

"Yes," the doctor said. "What matters right now is you. Your arm is okay for now, but you should let it rest for a bit. About Rina, we'll talk about it later."

You nodded, impatient and disappointed. The doctor then left, leaving just you and Hizashi in the room.

"How long was I out?"

"Not long, a few hours."

"Did you know Toga?" you questioned, staring up at Hizashi. He nodded.

"She's part of the League of Villains. They've been planning on taking down All Might and other things." Hizashi made an annoyed face. "Now that their boss is taken down and All Might's been out of commission and retired, we don't know what they'll be up to."

"Sounds like you heroes have it hard."

"You do, too." Hizashi sighed, stroking your hair. "I hope Rina's okay."

"Yeah." You paused. The room was silent, the only noise being the breathing of you and Hizashi. You muttered something about hospital bills and insurance.

"Just wondering, why haven't Rina's parents been visiting?" Hizashi asked carefully.

"They're dead," you said simply.

Hizashi mentally facepalmed, knowing he messed up.

"Her mom died in hero work," you added. "And her dad died from cancer."

"Oh boy," Hizashi muttered. The silence after that short conversation was even more awkward.

Hizashi tapped his knee with his fingers and his other hand ran through your hair. He stared down at the sheets, avoiding your gaze. He finally looked up to see that you were asleep.

He crossed his arms and sat back, closing his eyes. Why couldn't villains just leave them alone? Perhaps being a hero in a relationship was the wrong choice.

No. This was a great choice. You two were perfect for each other. You two were the perfect pair. You two supported each other and made everything work out.

Hizashi ran his fingers through his hair, letting out a huff of air.

"Hizashi."

A gruff voice interrupted his thoughts. Hizashi turned to see Shota standing by the door, Trinket in his hair.

"Oh hey," Hizashi said, trying to contain his laughter at Shota's expression of annoyance at Trinket. "What's going on?"

"They're asleep?" Shota nodded to you.

"Yeah." Hizashi stuck out a finger and Trinket flew out of Shota's hair and onto his finger. "How's it going, Trink?"

"Thank God," Shota huffed, ruffling his hair, as if that changed anything.

He then got out a small bottle and held it to his eyes. Eye drops. The room was silent once more as Hizashi waited. Shota rubbed his eyes, putting the bottle away. He walked outside to the hall, beckoning Hizashi to follow. He did so, closing the door quietly behind him.

"You sure the villains said one week?" Hizashi asked. "One week until Rina dies?"

Shota had overheard your conversation with the villains last time. He paused before he stopped them, and only jumped in when Hami started attacking you. He told Hizashi about that just before the fight between you and Toga.

"Yes. We might be able to move her to another location if she doesn't get better, just in case [Y/N] decides to tell her about it. We can't let them know if Rina moves, though."

"Why not? [Y/N]'s worried sick!" Hizashi sighed. "Why don't you want them to know that we know?"

"I have a plan to capture the villains." Shota paused, looking to the door of the room you were in. "They could help."

Hizashi followed his gaze, a concerned frown on his face.

~♪♫ ♪♫ ♪~
Chapter question!
What do you think the plan is 👀?