Chapter 47

"Money, setting, cameras, permissions, and then there's editing afterwards," you muttered under your breath. "Ugh, this is why I rarely do these kinds of music videos."

Hizashi let out an amused chuckle as you struggled on sorting the papers in your arms.

It was a bright day, but the brightness wasn't from the sun. Instead, it was from a certain fire and ice teen, Todoroki, whom you've asked to do some lighting work with his quirk. It would have been too cloudy without the pretty light from the fire.

Hizashi offered to get his class students to help with the video as a sort of project, and you were appreciative of that.

Worrying about the music video wasn't as bad as you thought, since it distracted you from Rina's death, but not completely. Her funeral was just yesterday, and you were fueled to do this.

"You want to sing all of it?" Hizashi asked. "You seem to be a lot more confident."

"I mean, it's not that many lyrics." You sighed. "It's mostly just the acting that will have meaning."

"Everything has meaning in music."

You nodded, agreeing. You waved to four figures running towards you. It was Lina, Kaito, and the twins. The couple were ready for the shoot while the twins were carrying a bunch of bags and lugging around suitcases.

"Hey [Y/N]!" Mason called. They ran up to you excitedly.

"I see you're heading back to America," you commented. "I'll miss you twins."

"Yeah, us too." Mabel tackled you in a hug after dropping all her luggage. "We're sorry for all the trouble we've caused here."

"No worries, you guys saved me from the villain Kaito. I know you guys didn't mean for it to go that far." You gasped for breath. "But right now you're choking me!"

Mabel released you from her death hug and smiled sadly. Mason chuckled, then hugged you as well, less tightly.

"Till next time, music rival?" He asked, putting his hand out forming and L. Mabel did the same, putting it next to his and forming an M for music. "And fairly."

"Till next time, music rivals." You formed an L with your hands, then paused. You nodded at Hizashi, who was happily watching the three of you rekindle your friendship and rivalry. Surprised, he raised an eyebrow.

You rolled your eyes, then grabbed his arm and made an L again. Hizashi did the same, and the twins put the ends of their M to yours and formed a shape.

"Aw, no fair, now we have to compete with Present Mic!" Mabel joked.

You and Hizashi laughed, and you all waved them off when they had to leave. However, not before a few of the students and teachers got their autograph.

"Alright," you announced, getting back on track. Jiro helped out the most, as she was your favorite and her love for music made her excited to be part of this. "Who's good at art?"

Two girls raised their hands, Mina and Hagakure. You told them what you wanted and they went off to work on it excitedly. You didn't want there to be too many sets, so the other students were just hanging around

"Bakago, you're going to be the officer."

"What did you call me?" The blond hedgehog shot explosions from his hands angrily, but refrained from aiming it at anyone.

"Sit your butt down," you told him, ignoring his question. He did so angrily.

The other students looked at you, out of shock at how you were acting around Bakugo and how he was actually listening to you. You did his hair, almost exactly like how Best Jeanist did it.

Shota, who was normally asleep in his sleeping bag, had opened his eyes tiredly to watch you do it, ready to erase Bakugo's quirk if he got out of control. However, he raised an amused eyebrow at you. "I've never seen anyone keep him calm like this other than his mother." Trinket, who was snuggled up in his hair, squawked out an agreement.

You laughed. "He's not calm at all."

"I'M RIGHT HERE!" Bakugo yelled. His hair threatened to explode out again, but the amount of gel you used, which you had gotten from Hizashi, kept it from doing so.

In a few hours, the roles were all determined and everything was in place. The video recording took longer than you expected, but you were excited to shoot this, especially dedicated to Rina.

It was late when you all finished, but the students didn't mind and they had fun. Not everyone had a role, but they usually hung around to help with small things. Even Bakugo had calmed down and somehow got used to you calling him Bakago. You had to kick Mineta out, however, because of how immature he was being.

The class 1B students had a bit of an argument, caused by Monoma, but you managed to keep it under control.

"I'm jealous of how good you are with these kids," Sekijiro Kan, class 1B's teacher, commented. His arms were crossed and he had a large smile on his face. "I can never get them to listen like this."

"I'm sure 1A is much more crazy," Hizashi replied.

You shrugged. "Maybe they just like me more than you."

"That's not true! Shota can get them under control and they fear him!"

You glanced at Shota, who was still in his sleeping bag. If he heard, he didn't care.

"You just have English with them."

"Mx. [L/N]!"

Before all the students were dismissed, Jiro gave you a request you couldn't deny.

"Group photo?"

You nodded immediately, then snapped, aiming up. It was loud, catching all the students' attention.

You all grouped up behind Shota, since he was too lazy to move, and Ibara Shiozaki, the vine quirk user, helped get the camera positioned from afar and took the photo.

A few "I'm sorry for your loss," "I hope you're doing well," and "I'm sure you'll make it through this," later, just you and the teachers remained, cleaning up and gathering the leftover supplies.

You stretched, appreciating that everything was in one place neatly. "This was a productive day. Thanks for everything."

"No problem," Kan said. "Not only did the students have fun but we did too."

"Shota sure had fun sleeping," Hizashi joked. "But I guess he does deserve a break."

Shota had gotten out of his sleeping bag and was preparing to leave for his underground hero work. Trinket left the comfort of his hair and landed in Hizashi's. "I don't get paid enough to manage and deal with these things."

~♪♫ ♪♫ ♪~
Chapter question!
Anime watcher, manga reader, or both?

(I'm an anime watcher and at the time of writing this season 4 has not come out yet.)