Chapter 13

You and Hizashi finished the song mashup, including the lyrics, leaving a little over a week before the event, allowing you two time to practice singing and playing.

"Can you do me a favor?" you asked one day. It was early in the morning before you went to visit Rina. Hizashi had come early. "Can you come with me to visit Rina?"

"Sure," Hizashi said. "Why?"

"Rina's a huge fan of you like I am," you explained. "I told her about you, how you come over often, and how nice you are. She hasn't gotten any better and I thought I'd surprise her and cheer her up with a visit from her—and my—favorite celebrity."

"I'm flattered." Hizashi laughed. "Let's go then!"

You smiled at his cheerfulness and you had a good feeling inside.

~♬~

You had told Hizashi to wait outside while you talked to Rina. When you came in Rina looked super tired, but when she saw you come in she forced a smile. Her voice and body didn't hurt as much today, thankfully. It kept you hopeful.

"Rina, I've got a surprise," you announced. You knocked once on the door to signal Hizashi. He came in, loudly.

"Hey, listener!"

Rina was speechless, as you expected, but not for too long. She squeaked out a "hi" and "OMG [Y/N] what the fudgesicle!?" when she saw him. He was not in his hero costume, but Rina recognized him instantly.

"Hizashi, this is Rina. Rina, this is Present Mic, or Hizashi Yamada." You patted her shoulder. "Say hi, Rina."

"Hi, Rina," Rina repeated, barely thinking at that point, then reddened at her blunder.

You and Hizashi laughed and the two of you waited until she calmed down. As if things couldn't get better, you heard the door open and in came Lina and Kaito.

They couldn't see who Hizashi was from the angle the door was to him, but when he turned to look at them, his green eyes and small mustache gave it away. Lina gasped and froze while Kaito blinked and literally stiffened—his quirk accidentally activated, causing his arm that held the doorknob to turn into the same metallic material.

"Yo," Hizashi said, not showing any signs of annoyance even though he could tell that they were crazy fans. Not that he hated them, but some got on his nerves once in a while.

You nudged him, giving him a reassuring look.

"We came to visit at the perfect time," Lina breathed.

"Sorry about this," you whispered to Hizashi.

"It's no problem," he said back. "It's nice to hang out with fans of mine."

A nurse passed by, popping in to give a quick "shush" before leaving. Since you came so often, most of the nurses and doctors knew you and trusted you to not disturb the other patients.

"Why and how did you get him to come?" Rina asked once she calmed down. She stared at you and Hizashi with wonder.

"I thought I'd cheer you up after your depressing monologue every morning," you said jokingly. "You love this guy."

"Not as much as you," Rina teased, winking at you. You shot her a glare and glanced at Hizashi to see his reaction.

"You're lucky to have such a friend," Hizashi said to Rina, dismissing the comment.

"Ah, Mic, Present Mic, PM," Lina stumbled on her words. "What do you—?"

"You can call me Hizashi," Hizashi said happily. "Friend of a friend is your friend, right?"