Chapter 14

You and Hizashi left the hospital happily, thankful that the visits went so well.

"Your friends are super nice," Hizashi commented. "It was a good thing they weren't too clingy."

"I did tell them about how you were annoyed by those kinds of people," you replied. The two of you walked back to your house slowly.

"How long have you known them?"

"Rina since elementary; she's my best friend. Lina and Kaito since middle school."

"No wonder Rina's so comfortable and teasing with you."

"Yep, I guess so." You glanced at his calm face as he asked the questions. It was hard to see the energetic, loud hero in him now. "It does get on my nerves sometimes."

You took out your notepad when he nodded and didn't say anything more. You tapped your pen on your chin, thinking about what to write. "Say, why did you kiss me on the cheek?"

"You seemed really sad that day so I wanted to cheer you up!" Hizashi answered, almost too quickly.

"That's it?"

"There may have been more to it." Hizashi shrugged. A tint of pink was on his cheek. Usually you weren't nervous about crushes and romance, but when you saw this you felt your cheeks heat up.

"Did you mean what you said about relationships?" you asked nervously.

"I mean, it's hard to maintain a relationship with three jobs going on in my life," Hizashi said slowly. "But it would be nice to get to be with someone. What about you?"

"To be honest...." You paused. "I think dating ruins friendships."

"We've literally been dating for the past 2 months."

"That doesn't count," you scoffed. You saw Hizashi raise an eyebrow.

"Why do you say that, though?" Hizashi asked. "Have you been in a relationship before?"

You shrugged. "I'm not sure if it was a relationship, honestly." You paused. "It was someone from high school. He was cute. We got together after a while of being just friends, but when we started dating other girls started getting jealous. He started seeing someone else and, well, stuff happened and we broke off in our own paths. Rina even warned me before, but I shrugged it off."

"Is that why you're so hesitant?" Hizashi asked. You nodded. "Mind dropping me the name of that guy?"

You giggled a bit. "Don't worry, I'm completely over him."

You glanced at Hizashi. First celebrity crush, ever since you first found out about him. Handsome, hot, an amazing singer, and played awesome music.

"You, though, I thought I'd never get to actually meet you in person, much less be in a relationship with someone like you."

"You know me now, though!" Hizashi said. "I really think you're just as talented as other famous artists."

"Thanks?" You wrote a few lines about a stray cat you spotted passing by. "I'm sure you've said the same thing to other people though."

"Trust me, I've had my fair share of fans and it's not everyday I meet someone like you."

"You were nothing more than a celebrity crush and an inspiration for me for a while, to be honest. Now you're still an inspiration and a great friend."

An awkward silence surrounded you two. You look around for more things to write about to distract yourself.

"You want to come over for lunch?" Hizashi questioned. His smile was still on his face, no longer that nervous.

"I-is that a date?," you asked, mentally slapping yourself for stuttering. "At your house?"

"No, no, of course not!" Hizashi waved his hands in the air, flustered. "I mean, you could put it that way. But I've been at your house plenty of times so I suppose I'd invite you over at least once."

"Sure, your house," you agreed, flustered like him. Your hands shook in excitement. You've known Hizashi for a while now, and yet you still could barely hold in your excitement at this, even though you weren't sure if you still wanted to have a relationship with him.

When you first met him you were filled with adrenaline and after getting to know him more you were more calm around him. Yet now it seemed that it was no longer only Rina that could make you as flustered as now.

Hizashi led the way, whistling a familiar tune. You listened closely to it, trying to figure out what the song was.

You murmured some of the lyrics. Hizashi looked at you curiously.

"Is that Resistance?" you finally asked, remembering. You loved that song and knew the lyrics, just couldn't immediately remember the name. Hizashi gave you a surprised look.

"It is, I'm surprised you know the song," Hizashi replied. "It's not a very popular song."

"It's not? You sang it!"

"It was one of the first songs I released, so not the best."

"Are you kidding?" You looked at him with wide eyes. "I love that song." You gave him a closed-eye smile and started to hum it. Hizashi started murmuring the lyrics.

(A/N:  Just ignore the random character there and just listen lol. Also, the singer is Present Mic's voice actor!)

Hizashi's singing voice started getting louder, forgetting that the two of you were literally in public. However, who wouldn't like some awesome music randomly in their lives? People looked over at the two of you, some with weird looks and some with loving looks. It was surprising that no one recognized Hizashi's voice. Perhaps it was because it was an unfamiliar song.

"I think that was the first time I've personally heard you sing your own song," you commented once he sang the last few lyrics of the song. "It's amazing."

Hizashi chuckled. "It's been a while since I've sang it, it was stuck in my head."

The two of you continued talking about music and songs, singing some songs randomly out loud without a care in the world.

You asked him about his relationship with Shota and how he came to be a teacher, a radio host, and a pro hero, songs and music preferences, and other life stories.

It was nice to hear him talk. You listened as he talked happily, smiling to yourself and decided it would be best if you two stayed as just friends, at least for now.

Though, as though fate read your mind and decided to do the exact opposite, you almost jumped when you felt a hand touch yours. Hizashi was holding your hand in his, fingers intertwined.

You almost pulled away out of surprise, but only twitched slightly. You allowed him to hold your hand as you two walked. Your other hand held your notepad and pen. Your face heated up and you looked down, only glancing at Hizashi once.

He had a huge smile and small blush on his cheeks. He would be glowing if that was possible.

The rest of the way to his house was in silent happiness.

~♪♫ ♪♫ ♪~
Chapter music question!
What's the least popular artist you know that should deserve more fame?