[Chapter Six]

Amelia sat down at the dining room table, reaching out for one of the biscuits that were laid out on the table. "Oh, how I missed Trudy's biscuits," she mumbled as she bit into the delicious treat. Fabian walked out of the kitchen mumbling about how he was a 'total pushover.' Nina's gran stood up and placed herself in front of him, "Written your poem yet Fabian?" "Oh, so you write poetry now huh Fabian," Amelia laughed. He glared down at her before turning back to Nina's gran. "Yeah, yeah of course," he told her, his voice getting high as he spoke, showing that he was nervous. "After school, assertiveness 101, bring the poem," she finished, leaving him behind to go help Nina in the kitchen. "Sounds great," he muttered walking out of the room.

Mara walked into the room and headed straight for Mick, "Hey." "Oh, uh I'm off to see my folks now so um I'll see you later," "Good luck." Mick placed a small kiss on Mara's cheek and then left. As soon as he left, Patricia spoke up. "Why is Mick going to see his family so soon after the holiday?" Jerome took his plate and headed for the kitchen but not before putting his own two cents in. "Forgotten his blankie?" Amelia rolled her eyes at his insensitive comment. "Yeah, is everything alright? Does it have anything to do with that phone call from yesterday," she asked.

Mara walked around the table and sat down next to Joy. "His family's relocating to Australia." "And Mick's not going with them," Patricia asked baffled as to why Mick would pass up such a great opportunity. Mara shook her head like it was nothing, "No way, he wants to stay here. He's telling them today." "Wow I hope it goes well then; this can't be easy for him," Amelia sighed. "Jocks and crocks; I'd be over there like a shot," Joy laughed. "Then again," she mumbled as her gaze wandered off to Fabian who had walked back in to grab his jacket. "Australia does seem like a great place, plus I remember Mick telling me once that he's always wanted to visit there," Amelia told the group.

"Aye Jerome, Amelia, I got some responses to the pics I sent out yesterday," Alfie interrupted, excited to see if he had gotten any yes's. "Right," "Ooo what'd they say," she asked looking over his shoulder. "Oh, it's a no, no, another no. Oh, yes we got your email and -," Alfie exclaimed excitedly. As he continued to read the rest of the response his shoulders sagged, "No." Jerome started to laugh, "Alfie, maybe you need to go a little bit niche. Amber never said what type of magazine. Se the bar nice and low," Jerome motioned toward the ground and then walked out laughing. "Have you sent every picture," Amelia asked him. Alfie shook his head no, "Well send every single one of them out to any and all magazines. I'm sure you'll get a yes from somewhere."

Amelia got up and walked out into the hallway where she heard yelling coming from Jerome and Alfie's room. The younger girl that she had seen the other day in the hallway ran out of the boy's room, clutching onto her phone. Amelia quickly realized that she was Jerome's little sister Poppy.

"You're Poppy right? I've seen you in pictures and heard a lot about you." She looked up at Amelia surprised. "You've seen pictures of me?" The two girls walked out of Anubis house and toward Amun while they continued to talk. "Yeah Jerome showed me a couple, a few years ago when I still lived here. When I saw you in the hall the other day I thought I recognized you and then when the others told me they found out Jerome had a sister, I knew it had to be you." 

Poppy smiled up at her, "Are you Amelia?" Her eyes widened, not expecting Poppy to know who she was, "Yeah that's me." "Jerome's told me about you too. Over holiday, after his first year here, he told me and my mum all about his friends. He spoke a lot about you and Alfie." "Yeah us three were practically inseparable until I had to leave," she sighed.

"Anyway, is everything okay with you and Jerome; I heard yelling." "Yeah I was just trying to steal my phone back. He took it the other day when I gave out baby pictures of him to a bunch of students," she laughed. "You totally need to send me some since I missed out on it all," Amelia chuckled. "Oh definitely! Well I need to get to class, but it was really nice talking with you Amelia." "Yeah you too Poppy. I'll see you around," she waved as Poppy and her split up.