[Chapter Ten]

It was the morning of the bid and everyone was quieter than usual, but that seemed to be the theme of the house's meals the past few days. Joy was the only one up and running around, trying to make sure everyone was ready for the bid. "Right everyone, today's the big bid." Jerome stood behind Joy and started to mimic her. "Fabian film finished, Mara speech learned," she asked them. "Yeah, yeah," "What, oh yeah," they both replied, seemingly out of it. "Excellent, and we expect everybody to be there giving their full support. That means you too Jerome." Jerome smiled at her, handing over her clipboard that he had been messing with earlier, "Of course." Jerome walked over to Alfie and they started to whisper, their eyes bouncing from the clipboard to Joy.

Amber turned to Fabian and Nina, "Okay so back to actual important stuff. Nina, Fabian we need to reschedule your date." The pair looked at each other and then at the ground. "Um yeah, about that Amber, um," Nina started. "We're, we're not actually doing dates anymore," Jerome finished. Everyone in the room looked at them with shocked faces, except Joy and Jerome who both had smiles on their faces. Jerome crouched down in between them, "They've split up," he exclaimed excitedly. "Why on Earth are you so happy about this," she asked, this being the first thing she had said to him in the past two days.

"No seriously," Jerome laughed, placing his hand on Fabians shoulder. "What, no way," Amber said in disbelief, "This is all my fault isn't it? Me and double date gate." Nina rushed to make her feel better, "No, no, no Amber it's not you, it's us." Amber was speechless, her eyes drifting over to Alfie. "It's all your fault Alfie," she yelled. "Excuse me," Amelia scoffed, deciding to step in for Alfie, upset that Amber was all the sudden putting the blame on him for something that he had nothing to do with. Alfie was just as confused as Amelia, getting up and running after her, "Wait, Amber! We're still on, right?"

Amelia glared over at Jerome who still had an annoying smirk on his face. Jerome whispered something to Fabian, causing him to abruptly stand him. "You're a creep," he scoffed, storming out of the house. Amelia stood up to run after him, but stopped, her snarky side wanting to make one last comment. "Nice hair today Jerome, although I liked the way the gel made it look the other day, better." Jerome looked up at her wide eyed, but before he could say anything back to her, she had run out the door to try and catch up with Fabian.

"Fabian wait up," she yelled running after him. He was already halfway to the library when she finally caught up to him. "Fabian what happened with Nina," she asked, slightly out of breath. "The date was a mess. We were talking later that day about it all and we both said we wanted to be just friends. But I only said that because she pretty much said she thought the date was a mistake. I really like her Amelia, what am I supposed to do now? I've gone and told her I just wanted to be friends and mucked everything up," he sighed frustrated.

"Fabian calm down, it's going to be okay. You guys need to sit down together and really let your true feelings out. Don't tell her I told you this, but she really likes you. She's probably just nervous or overthinking it all." "She does have a lot on her mind these days," he told her. "You just need to sit her down, no gimmicks, no fancy date, just a talk between the two of you. Get your feelings out and don't be scared. Let her know how you truly feel and try not to let her talk you out of it. I know you really like this girl from the countless emails you sent me that were all based around her. You just have to try a little harder to let her know," she suggested.

Fabian hugged his best friend and didn't let go. "Thank you for that," he smiled, pulling away from her. "I'll try in the next few days to have a talk with her. She has a lot of stuff going on right now so hopefully I can find the right time to do it." Amelia smiled at him. "You know, I should start charging people for my advice," she joked, trying to lighten the mood. "Lately I've been giving a lot of it." "Do you take advice too?" Amelia looked at Fabian confused, not sure what he meant.