[Chapter Sixty-Nine]

The members of Sibuna finished up their dinner and put their dishes in the sink for Mara and Jerome to clean since they were on clean up duty that night. "I'm gonna go bring Joy some dinner since she missed out again," as she grabbed the marshmallow sandwich she had made for Joy and headed upstairs. "Okay, well I think we should go test out this game board and see if we can beat it," Fabian suggested. They all agreed with him as they headed upstairs.

"Oh wait, Amelia I forgot to grab Joy a drink. Do you mind grabbing me a glass of lemonade," Patricia asked as she stopped on the stairs in front of them. "Yeah sure. Head on up, I'll go get it and just bring it to the room," she smiled as she turned around and headed back down the steps. She walked back into the dining room and grabbed an empty glass. She poured the lemonade and even grabbed a cupcake for Joy, before getting side tracked and taking a cupcake for herself.

Amelia didn't even take a second thought as she barged into Joy, Patricia and Mara's room, right in the middle of Joy and Patricia arguing. "This is still about Nina?" "I wrote that stuff about her hoping she'd just take the hint and go." "I got the lemonade," Amelia yelled as she walked in. The smile on her face fell as she noticed the tension between the two girls. Joy ignored her as she continued to talk.

"I know it was stupid and mean, but when someone's taken everything from you." Amelia scoffed as Patricia glared down at her best friend. "Stop being such a drama queen Joy. She hasn't taken anything from you." "You would say that wouldn't you; now she's your new best friend. Captain of your secret gang. Well I don't need you anymore," Joy finished as she went back to typing on her laptop.

Patricia dropped the plate of food on her bed and rushed out of the room, brushing past Amelia on her way out. "Joy you are way out of line," Amelia scoffed. "You of all people should understand where I'm coming from," Joy exclaimed as she pushed her laptop back over to the side. "What's that supposed to mean?" "You were gone too, and when you came back everything had changed. I mean Mara practically stole Jerome from you, just like Nina did with Fabian for me. I bet you feel exactly like me when you see them getting so close. And if you say you don't well then you're just lying to yourself."

"I'm taking the lemonade for myself," Amelia huffed as she turned out of the room and downed the entire glass of lemonade in the middle of the hallway. Joys words were stuck in her head as she headed back downstairs to put the glass away and steal another cupcake. She walked back into the dining room and grabbed a cupcake off the table that still hadn't been cleared off. She looked up just in time to see Jerome lean in to kiss Mara. The cupcake in her hand fell to the ground and she quickly dipped down so that they wouldn't see her.

She didn't get to see Mara pull away before he could get too close to kiss her. She didn't listen to Mara tell him that she still felt something for Mick. She didn't know that there was a reason as to why Jerome tried to kiss her, and it wasn't just because he thought he liked her. All she knew was that she didn't know if they had actually kissed or not. All she knew was that maybe Michael, and Joy and Eddie were right. Maybe she did feel something that she wasn't willing to admit, and it looked like she had just missed her window of opportunity.

She quickly cleaned up the mess she had just made on the floor, grabbed her trash and the empty glass and awkwardly walked into the kitchen. "Sorry, one more dish," she whispered as she placed the glass in the sink where the two of them were still standing. She walked back out to the dining room without another word as she grabbed the tray of leftover cupcakes and walked up to her room, where the others were wondering where she had gone.

"Sorry, was in major need of some comfort food," she told them as she walked in and sat down on the ground next to Patricia, who had only just arrived in there a few minutes before her. She handed a cupcake over to Alfie who was trying his best to reach over the circle and grab one and asked them how they were doing with the Senet game.