[Chapter Nine]

Amelia woke up early and immediately ran downstairs, wanting to get her plan done as soon as possible, before anyone could stop her. She walked into the boy's bathroom and looked for the bottles marked Jerome. "Hmm shampoo, no. Ooo, yes hair gel, perfect," she smiled. She opened up the cap and poured some superglue into the container. She placed the bottle back where it belonged and quickly ran back up to her room to get her backup.

When she walked in, Nina was looking at the dollhouse. "Oh Nina, I forgot to tell you guys but I was looking at the dollhouse the other morning and saw that there was a drawer at the bottom. I didn't wanna look in it because it's not my property, but I figured I'd tell you guys, in case you hadn't seen it!" Nina's widened ever so slightly but she quickly covered it up. "Oh yeah, I checked the drawer the other day but there was nothing in there." "Oh, that's a bummer; well I'm going to go get changed now."

Nina grabbed the map she had found the night before in the dollhouse and stuffed it in her bag. She walked down to the dining room and sat down next to Fabian. She pulled out the map and told him that she had found it in a tiny drawer in Amber's dollhouse. Fabian looked over the map," So, because you found the map under the dollhouse, you think that -," "The mask is hidden under the house, yeah," Nina finished.

They quickly shut up, Nina throwing her bag over the map, as Amelia walked in. "Don't mind me, just grabbing an apple and leaving." They watched Amelia reach over and grab an apple, heading out the door shortly after. Nina leaned in closer to Fabian, "You know she told me about the drawer this morning. I hadn't even noticed it myself until last night when I asked Sarah to help me." "Well that's interesting. Maybe she's just very observant? But Nina, I have to tell you something about her."

Before Fabian could explain, they were cut off by screaming, Jerome's screams to be precise. Jerome ran into the dining room, his hands stuck in his hair. "What happened," Nina asked him, trying to muffle her laughs. "Someone put superglue in my hair gel and now my hands are stuck. Trudy," Jerome whined. Trudy ran in quickly, "Oh Jerome, what have you done now?" They ran off into the kitchen where Trudy stuck his head under the faucet, trying to get the glue out.

Alfie walked out of the house with Patricia and Joy. "did you guys see Jerome this morning? His hands were stuck in his hair. Says someone put superglue in his hair gel." Both girls turned toward Alfie, suspecting that he had been the one to do it. He put his hands up, "What, hey it wasn't me. But I think I know exactly who the culprit is." They walked into school, in search of the superglue culprit.

They walked into Ms. Andrews class, Alfie walking straight over to Amelia's desk with a big smile on his face. "So, I see you didn't need any help with your welcome back prank." The girl's eyes widened as Amelia laughed, not surprised that Alfie had realized it was her who had pranked Jerome. "You did that to Jerome," Joy asked in disbelief. "Getting revenge is so much more fun than talking it all out," she sighed. "You have to admit, he does deserve it after what he did last night at dinner," Patricia admitted. "I don't really care at the moment if he's mad at me or if anyone thinks I'm horrible for doing it. At the moment I'm infuriated with him and I needed get through it somehow," Amelia shrugged her shoulders.

"Good luck," Patricia laughed, her and Joy walking over to their desk. Alfie gave her a high-five before sitting down in his own seat. Amelia sat back, nervous for Jerome to come in. She knew how he could be, and she was hoping he would leave all his angry and snarky comments until after class.

Jerome walked into class ten minutes late, his hair slightly wet and flat. All of the Anubis housemates started to laugh quietly, all of them knowing why he was late. Jerome didn't look mad, just frustrated. He glanced over at Amelia, but he didn't give her the stink eye or glare at her like she expected. He merely just looked at her for a split second, tearing his gaze away from her as he explained to Ms. Andrews why he was late. Amelia was surprised by his reaction but realized that he would probably hit her with a snarky reply after class.