[Chapter Thirty-Four]

Amelia's alarm went off at seven twenty, exactly ten minutes before breakfast. She woke up well rested and ready to make the day hers. She quickly got dressed, grabbed her bag and then headed down to the dining room where everyone else was already eating their breakfast.

"It's a beautiful morning isn't it," she smiled as she walked into the dining room. Everyone glanced over at her as she sat down next to Eddie and Fabian. "What's got you so joyful this morning," Mara asked her. "I finally got a full night's rest and I feel refreshed."

Amelia and Alfie both loaded up their plates with food to make up for not eating breakfast the other day. "I swear you two eat every meal like it's your last," Joy laughed. "You never know," Amelia whispered.

They ate until it was time to head over to school. Amelia grabbed her bag and headed out the door with Nina and Amber. "So, I was thinking we try and recreate the web downstairs in our room, for practice," Nina suggested. "That's a brilliant idea," Amber told her. "We can grab some supplies later today from the art room, before school lets out." "Perfect; it'll take some time to set up, but it'll be worth it." "Sounds like a plan!"

****

It was break time and Amelia decided to go to the lounge like she usually did. She walked in and saw Jerome sitting down in one of the chairs. She walked over and sat down next to him, leaning over his chair to see what he was working on. Before she could ask him what he was doing, Alfie ran over to them and sat down on one of the couches across from them.

"How's the stakeout going?" "Not good my friend, not good at all," Jerome told him. Amelia sat there confused, "Stakeout; stakeout for what?" "For Sweetie. He didn't tell you?" Amelia shook her head no; she hadn't had the chance to talk to Jerome all day. "Mara found the suit of armor in Sweetie's office." Oh," she mumbled, feeling a slight twinge of jealousy in the pit of her stomach.

Amelia brushed it off and listened to Jerome list off Mr. Sweet's daily schedule. "I've been watching Sweetie all morning. Do you know he leaves his office on average three times an hour?" "I did not know that," Alfie laughed. "He's gone for approximately four minutes, forty-two-seconds. And do you further not know that he leaves his office unlocked on average none of those times!" "Oh, you're really rocking those stats." "And this is why I get you to help me with my Math homework," Amelia laughed.

"I mean what does he think is gonna happen if he leaves it open for four minutes," Jerome scoffed. "Dude's like us will come in and take stuff." "True, that is why we have to think up a wild goose chase to get Sweet out and me in." "A wild goose chase huh? Got it covered," Alfie cheered, jumping up out of his seat.

"You have; what is it," "Oh, this can't be good." "Don't you worry about it buddy, I'll arrange everything. Just sit back and be prepared to be amazed." "Good amazed or bad amazed," Jerome asked warily. "Probably bad amazed," Amelia laughed, knowing that whatever scheme Alfie was planning would probably end with them all in detention. Alfie grabbed Jerome's pen and threw it at her. "Ehh, amazed, amazed," Alfie replied before running off.

Amelia grabbed Jerome's pen from her lap and stole his notebook. She started to draw a flower in the corner of the page he had Sweet's schedule on. It was quiet for a moment before Jerome decided to speak up. "I told Alfie everything about my dad." "When," "The other night before we went to the library. He wanted to know why I wanted to find the gem, so I told him about my dad being in prison and how he thought of I found this gem it would fix everything.

Amelia smiled, happy that he had finally told Alfie. "I'm guessing Alfie took it well?" "Yeah; he's happy that I finally saw my dad again after all these years." "I'm happy you are too. One of us deserves to have a happy ending," she smiled sadly. If she couldn't have a relationship with her father, then she was happy he could.