[Chapter Eighty-Two]

It was the morning after Amelia had been rushed to the hospital after their intense run around with her father Rufus, and the spirit of Senkhara. The members of Sibuna wanted to feel relieved. Each of their marks of Anubis had vanished, and their biggest enemies Senkhara and Rufus were gone for good. Yet, each of them had an aching pain in their hearts and minds as their worries for their friend increased. It was as if the longer Amelia was in the hospital, the worse they all felt, a few of them even blaming themselves for everything that had happened.

Jerome was feeling the worst out of them all. His heart ached that morning as he got up and dragged himself to breakfast. He didn't even bother trying to hide his worry, like the others were as he sat down at the table.

Amber cleared her throat, eager to break the silence that had grew in the room when Jerome walked in. "So, we all know Amelia will be back soon, so I think we should do something for her. Like get a card or something from all of us." Everyone around the table smiled, each of them nodding their heads in agreeance. "We could also get a poster board or something for everyone at school to sign for her," Joy suggested. "I think that's a beautiful idea," Trudy smiled as she placed a stack of pancakes down on the table.

The rest of the day consisted of all of the residents of Anubis House, heading into town to gather supplies for Amelia. The girls headed to a shop to grab a card for all of them, and the poster board for their classmates to sign. Meanwhile the boys headed to the party shop in town to grab some streamers and balloons to put up for her when she is released from the hospital. They all pitched in, every single one of them wanting Amelia to know how much they cared about her. They just hoped that they would get to see her as soon as possible.

****

It was Monday morning and the Anubis House residents were up bright and early, ready to start their day. At Breakfast they each signed the card that the girls had picked out for Amelia, while Amber designed the poster board that they hoped they could get their classmates to sign. As they finished up breakfast, Jerome stayed back, hoping to talk to Trudy before he had to get to school.

"Hey Trudes," he smiled as he helped her clean off the dining room table. "Jerome, how are you doing," she asked, a sad smiled ghosting her face as if she already knew the answer. "I've been better, but I was actually wondering if we could go to the hospital today? I wanted to see if there was a way I could visit Amelia." "I'll call the hospital while you're at school and see if it's alright if we visit, how does that sound?" Jerome's smile grew as excitement spread through his body, "That sounds amazing! Thank you Trudes!"

Jerome grabbed his bag and rushed out of the house, eager to get the day over with so that he could visit Amelia. He walked into Amun and smiled as he saw a bunch of people surrounding the poster board that Amber had made for Amelia. It read, "Get better soon Amelia," in large print across the top, signatures already littering the board. His eyes glanced over all the little messages that people had left for her, his smile growing.

As the day passed by, Jerome's eagerness grew. He practically ran home once the last bell rang. "What's got you in such a rush," Mara laughed as Jerome brushed past her on his way to his locker. "Off to see Amelia hopefully," he giddily told her as he grabbed his books from his locker and threw them into his bag. "Good luck," Mara called out to him as he ran, slightly raising his hand to tell her thanks as he made his way out of the school.

As he made his way to Anubis House, he noticed a car out front. He brushed it off as he walked inside and saw Trudy sitting on the couch in the living room. "Hey Trudy, did you find out-," Jerome stopped mid-sentence when he noticed that Trudy wasn't alone in the room. Sitting on the couch right across from Trudy was Amelia's mother.